Report a Bug

Incorrect car stats - please post them here!

Hutch_BradHutch_Brad Member, Hutch Staff Posts: 77 Wrenchman
Hi everyone,

Thanks for pointing out the incorrect car info that you have spotted in Top Drives. I'm making this thread so that they can all be collected together in one place. This makes it easier to keep track of them and investigate them! If you see any new ones - please post them here. Thanks :)

Brad

Comments

• SeaFerrari18SeaFerrari18 Member Posts: 15
    What do you mean by wrong car stats?
  • Hutch_BradHutch_Brad Member, Hutch Staff Posts: 77 Wrenchman
    We often see new posts created to inform us that a certain car's stats (0-60mph / year of manufacture / whether it's FWD or RWD etc.) do not match their real-life counterpart. So if you notice any of these, please post here rather than making a new thread. 
  • mikesmikes Member Posts: 2,638 ✭✭✭✭✭
    I can go through the cars and make a list for you Brad if that works. Been in the auto field for 18 years ( including reviewing cars for awhile) so anything obvious should stand out. 
  • GsearchGsearch Member, Wrenchmen, Senior Wrenchmen Posts: 1,993 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Car much?  Wow. 
  • NinjaDesignzNinjaDesignz Member Posts: 676 ✭✭✭✭
    mikes said:
    Ok. From what I remember. 

1990 Acura GS-R - the picture is incorrect of the next generation Integra. The GS-R also didn’t come out until 1992. 

1990 Acura NSX-T - the year should be 1997 as the stats and pics are for the 3.2 V6 1997 NSX-T. 

1954 Buick Skylark - should be RWD

2005 Buick Lactosse CXL - the picture is of a new Lacrosse, not the 2005

2016 Cadillac CTS Coupe - photo is of the 556hp CTS -V coupe. 

2015 Cadillac CTS-V - the image is of the 2013 CTS-V

1967 Chevrolet Impala SS427 - picture is of an older Impala

2017 Ford Taurus SHO - should be AWD

2016 Honda Ridgeline - should be FWD or AWD

2003 Subaru Forester Turbo - picture is of non-Turbo model. Performance numbers might be for non turbo model as well. 

Also the Taurus SHO has incorrect 0-60 times
  • godzillagodzilla Member Posts: 36 ✭✭
    My z4 constantly loses races to A class cars that it should beat, and it loses badly.  He’s a recent example, but there’s been many more. Reason posted here was lower top speed, which is not correct.  
    In this case it says I lost due to higher top speed. Since Whoever gets to 150 will then brake, it shouldn’t matter what the top speed is, only who gets to 150 faster and then who brakes faster. My car should have gotten to 150 first. Based on the gown stats it isn’t really possible to predict you’re going to lose this race. The given reason for losing also makes no sense.

Hi There

Please try and keep this thread for reporting mismatches between what stats are shown on the card vs. what their stats are in real life - this could be an incorrect picture, an mistake in whether a car is RWD or FWD etc. 

Thanks for letting us know about your issue though - I'll have a look into it.

Thanks!

Brad

Oh I see.  I thought you meant a mismatch between shown stats and race outcome.
  • PlantedZebraPlantedZebra Member Posts: 263 ✭✭✭
    That guy didn't mention, but the Honda NSX-R's year is also incorrect, it should be 2002 instead of 1990.
    edited October 2017
    The DS 3 convertible photo does not look like a convertible
  • LukasWilliamsLukasWilliams Member Posts: 174 ✭✭✭
    Alpine GTA V6 Turbo Le Mans has incorrect picture. Depicted is regular GTA V6 Turbo. Le Mans was a limited edition manufactured in years 90-91 and had (visual-wise) more aggressive bodykit and 3 piece BBS alloys. From the front it looked a bit like a mean Sierra :)

Ford Capri 3.0 S has incorrect picture. Depicted is a more modern Capri 2.8i, recognizable by alloys, side mirrors in a chassis paintjob and a thin red line on side of the car. The 3 litre in S spec had "S" vinyl sticker on lower part of it's side and classic "daisy" alloys.

Allright, one more to go. Alpine A310 V6 Turbo never existed. Only naturally aspirated V6 engines made their way under the bonnet. There is also an incorrect picture. Depicted is a stripped off genuine Group 4/B rally car with 290BHP output, which is far from the specs shown on the card.
    So you either want Alpine A310 V6 (rename the card and use a different picture baring in mind that there were 2 series (different body) with this engine and a GT pack for the 2nd series) or you want a Group B beast (keep the picture, improve the stats and make it a B car ;) 
    Nice one - thanks for letting us know!

Brad
    Logic Issue. The 6x6 Merc already have "6x6" in the name, and while the stat says "4WD"
  • mikasamikasa Member Posts: 81 ✭✭

RQ16 BMW 530d has a wrong picture of the car. Picture is next generation BMW 5 series (F10) from year 2011, instead of BMW 5 series (E60) from year 2004.

RQ12 BMW 330d has a picture of coupe model, instead of saloon model.

RQ22 BMW M4 has seat count 5 in the specs, instead of seat count 4.

• JenkstarJenkstar Member Posts: 1
    The ford XR2 and XR2i where completely different bodies.  The game shows the same car the XR2 from 2nd generation which was a non fuel injected model.  The XR2i came with the 3rd generation with a completely new body.
  • ExoExo Member Posts: 106 ✭✭
    Why isn’t that Volvo a legendary?
  • Anthony_OlivoAnthony_Olivo Member Posts: 356 ✭✭✭
    Because Legendary is reserved to Supercars and extremely fast race cars.
  • TinyFordTinyFord Member Posts: 197 ✭✭✭
    edited October 2017
    Still only saw the old Ford Fiesta with the ST pic, I'm amazed by how these people know so much

ST with the black on bottom
    normal fiesta without it

Incorrect car name. The Evo FQ-360 should be Evo IX instead of VIII, because as far as I know Evo VIII only has FQ-340 and FQ-400, and the car in the picture is most likely an Evo IX, because of the front bumper. By the way that car looks sick af.
  • sw00p1esw00p1e Member Posts: 60 ✭✭
    Just a small one. Ford Focus Bioethanol have ''unknown fuel''... 
  • flight4590flight4590 Member Posts: 444 ✭✭✭
    the RQ 22 Ford F-150 Raptor is not the 2017 Raptor. It's the older SVT Raptor from 2009 to 2014.  I can't tell which model year the image is though.  My suggestion would be change this up to proper spelling, give it all terrains and make the new Raptor an S class.
  • mikesmikes Member Posts: 2,638 ✭✭✭✭✭
    The 2005 Ford GT has ride height listed as medium. I believe that car would be classified as low (very low at that)  ;)
  • SleekSleek Member Posts: 142 ✭✭✭
    edited October 2017
    The 1994 Honda Integra Type-R is both the wrong image and year. The Type-R depicted has the Acura Integra front end with the four headlights when it should look like this. 

Also the Type-R Integra was released in 1995, not 1994. Also the weight (kg) may be a little off but depends as it might contain fuel and driver weight perhaps? 

A peculiar thing is the image currently in the game does have the red Honda Type R badge but on an North American Acura front end. Seems like it was a common "mod" I see done to US Acura/Honda cars even to this day, quite similar to Chevy Badges on Holdens in Australia. However usually Acura Type-R owners would convert the front end to the JDM Honda outright and not just slap the badge on hoping to pass it off to their fellow enthusiasts, but hey, might fool the ricer crowd. 

Another thing is the Accord Type-R while seemingly correct, is in the Japanese Car category but it was produced in the UK and sold in European markets. The JDM "Type-R" is called the Euro-R and is produced in Japan using the JDM chassis. 

Adding to the Honda things, the 2005 Honda Odyssey 3.5V6 is built and sold in North America as the JDM version looks different and does not have the 3.5L V6 as an option. Also the performance figures provided give the specs of the 2.4L Inline-4 rather than the 3.5L V6 which should have 255HP and 250ft-lb of torque. It also should then have passenger capacity of 7. The weight should be around 1900kg, though that depends on many factors.  

Another one is the 1995 Honda Civic Si, the image is of a 1999 era USDM Civic Si built in the US. In fact 1995 was when the EG hatch Si was the current generation. 

Another minor error is the 2000 Civic Type-R which should be 2001 as the the EK9 was still the Type-R of 2000 while the EP3 showed up in 2001.  Also the game seems to be using the EU version of the car's specs but listing it under Japan once again. 

Also the NSX-R year should be 1992 at earliest not 1990. 
    Post edited by Sleek on
  • _HighVoltage__HighVoltage_ Member Posts: 39 ✭✭
    A couple of issues with Volvos in the game.

1997 Volvo 850 AWD - stats are correct, but the image is wrong (it shows a 1992/1993 GLT model). The correct image should be a 850 station wagon (that was the only 850 that came in AWD form).
    1997 Volvo 850R - correct image, stats are correct (250hp with manual transmission), but that means the 0-60 time should be 6.4 seconds and top speed should be 155mph.
  • LittleEnosBurdetteLittleEnosBurdette Member Posts: 1,285 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Picture shown is a face lifted 1999 UK Turbo 2000 not a ‘93 WRX. 
  • Sherby90Sherby90 Member Posts: 228 ✭✭✭
    edited November 2017
    Hello,

I want to report 2 issues regarding BMW:
    1. BMW 640d has wrong power and 0-60 values. Further more the 640d can also have 4x4(optional). For correct values check BMW website here (it's in german, but it's easy to use, just select the right version from dropdown): http://www.bmw.de/de/neufahrzeuge/6er/coupe/2014/technische-daten.html
    The website shows value for 0-100 km/h meaning 0-62 mph, that means the 0-60 should be even lower.
    2. BMW 740d (d meaning diesel) is listed as petrol.

Also, to combines the 2... if 740d has standard tyres, shouldn't the 640d also have standard tyres?

Thank you