Help & Support

Troubleshooting & Save FAQ

Hutch_DemorphicHutch_Demorphic Administrator, Hutch Staff Posts: 750 admin

What should I do if my game crashes?

If you find you’re experiencing crashes whilst playing MMX Racing, try the following. These should help improve the situation:

• Try rebooting your phone or tablet. Turn your device off and then on again, and launch the game. This will clear out old memory processes, which should help performance.
  • Check that your device has enough free storage space: lack of space can result in crashes, reduced frame rate and other unexpected issues in any app.

- For iOS: Please go to 'Settings' > 'About' and check 'Capacity' and 'Available'. You can free up space by removing unnecessary apps, for instance. 

- For Android: Please go to ‘Settings’ and check ‘Storage.

• Free up device memory by closing apps that are running in the background. To do this, double tap the 'Home' (square) button to see all the apps running in the background, then swipe them upwards to close them.

If you’re finding that the application crashes at a particular point, please contact the MMX Racing support team and we’ll do our best to find a solution for you.

How do I turn off adverts in the game?

If you find that they are affecting your enjoyment of the game, an in-app purchase will remove the ads.

How do I force close my app?

Force closing allows the app to refresh and clears out old memory processes, which should help the app run smoother.

To "Force Close" any app on an iOS device:

•    From the Home screen, tap the Home button twice

•    Swipe up on the MMX Racing tab

To “Force Close” any app on an Android device:

•    Open the Main Menu of your device

•    Select Settings

•    Select Apps or Manage Applications

•    Select MMX Racing in the list of applications

•    Select the Force Close button

How do I reboot my device?

Rebooting the device allows the app to refresh and clears out old memory processes, which should help the app run smoother.

To "Reboot" any iOS device:

•    Hold down the Power button

•    Swipe across to Power Off

•    Hold down the Power button to turn the device on

To “Reboot” any Android device:

•    Hold down the Power button

•    Select Restart or Power Off

•    If the latter was selected, hold the Power button down to switch the device back on

What happens when I watch videos in the Store?

You can earn free Cash and Gold by watching videos in the Store. There are a maximum number of videos you can watch per day. If you have reached your daily limit, an ‘Unavailable at this time’ message should be displayed. Try returning to the Store the next day in order to watch more videos.

You can also watch videos to earn Race Tickets. Try clicking on the ticket counter at the top of your display, and then selecting to watch a video.

"Unable to detect internet connection" - but I have a connection

This message will display when the device has lost connection to the internet but can also occur if the server has disconnected from the client (your device).

This will usually happen if the game is sent to the background for long periods or left to idle.  The server disconnects and will struggle to re-establish a connection.

We're looking into why this happens and will hopefully be able to make the connection more robust.

In the meantime the work-around is to:
1. Close the game down completely (back button exit on android / multi-task menu close on iOS).
2. Open the game again
-This will refresh the connection with the server and allow you to play again.

If for whatever reason that does not work:
1. Reboot your device and try again.

How do I transfer my game on to a new iOS device?

In order to transfer your game to a new iOS phone or tablet, you’ll need to save your data with either Game Center or Facebook. If you have your old device then you can transfer your data by following these instructions:

• On your old device, go to the options menu and turn on either Game Center or Facebook. If these have not been switched on before then a save game conflict prompt will appear, one side showing your current save, the other showing a level 1 new save.
  • Select to keep your current save.
  • Now play a run in game to make sure that a save is triggered. The game will now be saving against your Game Center or Facebook profile (whichever you selected).
  • On your new device, run the game with an Internet connection and go to the options menu and switch on Game Center or Facebook. A save conflict prompt will appear and providing you are setup with the same accounts as before, you will see your save data from your other device. Select the existing save and you will be able to carry on from where you left off.

How do I transfer my game on to a new Android device?

In order to transfer your game to a new Android phone or tablet, you’ll need to save your data with either Google+ or Facebook. If you have your old device then you can transfer your data by following these instructions:

• On your old device, go to the options menu and turn on either Google+ or Facebook. If these have not been switched on before then a save game conflict prompt will appear, one side showing your current save, the other showing a level 1 new save.
  • Now play a run in game to make sure that a save is triggered. The game will now be saving against your Google+ or Facebook profile (whichever you selected).
  • On your new device, run the game with an Internet connection and go to the options menu and switch on Google+ or Facebook. A save conflict prompt will appear and providing you are setup with the same accounts as before, you will see your save data from your other device. Select the existing save and you will be able to carry on from where you left off.

How do I transfer my game between an Android device and an iOS device?

You can transfer your game save between an Android and iOS device using a Facebook account:

• On your old device, go to the options menu and turn on Facebook. If these have not been switched on before then a save game conflict prompt will appear, one side showing your current save, the other showing a level 1 new save.
  • Now play a run in game to make sure that a save is triggered. The game will now be saving against your Facebook profile.
  • On your new device, run the game with an Internet connection and go to the options menu and switch on Facebook. A save conflict prompt will appear and providing you are setup with the same accounts as before, you will see your save data from your other device. Select the existing save and you will be able to carry on from where you left off.

Save your progress with Game Center

Game Center is one of the three methods of saving progress in MMX Racing. Using Game Center is also a good way to save your in-game progress, and transfer it to another device if needed. 

How to do it? 

•    Start by locating your device settings and scroll down until you see "Game Center"

•    Click on Apple-ID

•    If you already have an account log in and if not, create your own, new Apple-ID

•    After that locate and launch your Game Center App on your home screen

•    Launch MMX Racing

•    Navigate to the ‘Options’ menu

•    Click on ‘Save Location’

•    Click on the ‘Game Center’ option

Save your progress with Google+

Google+ is one of the three methods of saving progress in MMX Racing. Using Google+ is also a good way to save your in-game progress, and transfer it to another Android device if needed. 

How to do it? 

•    Launch MMX Racing

•    Navigate to the ‘Options’ menu

•    Click on ‘Save Location’

•    Click on the ‘Google+’ option

Save your progress with Facebook

Facebook is one of the three methods of saving progress in MMX Racing. Using Facebook is also a good way to save your in-game progress, and transfer it to another device if needed. 

How to do it? 

•    Click on ‘Save Location’ in the ‘Options’ menu

•    Click on the ‘Facebook’ option

•    Sign in to Facebook

•    After signing in, you should be taken back to the ‘Options’ menu

Comments

• carter_halecarter_hale Member Posts: 2
    I downloaded the game MMX Racing on my iPhone 6 iOS. 10.2 and I really like this game and have been playing it for a while and made progress and now it shuts off 3 second after I open and the app. Iv tried making space on my phone and restarting it but nothing seems to help. Any suggestions?