General Discussion

New to MMX Racing FAQ

Hutch_DemorphicHutch_Demorphic Administrator, Hutch Staff Posts: 1,084 admin

How do I get an ‘Awesome’ start?

In order to achieve an ‘Awesome’ start, you need to position the needle in the middle of the green area as the race begins. You will still achieve a ‘Good’ start by ensuring that the needle is somewhere within the green area as the race begins.

How do I jump?

In order to successfully jump, you will need to release the gas pedal as your front tires reach the top of a ramp.

How do I land?

In order to successfully land, you will need to tap the gas pedal to accelerate as soon as any tire touches down on the ground.

How do I unlock the other Classes?

To unlock Class B, you'll need to complete the Class C Primetime events and purchase a Class B truck or win one in multiplayer.

To unlock Class A, you'll need to complete the Class B Primetime events and then purchase a Class A truck or win one in multiplayer. 

To unlock Class R, you'll need to complete the Class A Primetime events and then purchase a Class R truck or win one in multiplayer. 

Finally, to unlock Class W (WWE), you'll need to either complete Class A where you'll be given what we call a 'Loan Race' where you can win enough WWE Bucks to buy one of two WWE trucks; alternatively you can buy one from our store with an in-app purchase to get immediate access!

What happens when I level up?

As you level up, you are rewarded with Gold, which you can use to purchase Race Tickets or look to 

your vehicle!

What are race tickets?

You’ll need tickets to enter races in MMX Racing. These tickets are replenished over time or can be purchased in exchange for Gold. Check your number of tickets by clicking the race ticket counter at the top of your display.

What are Primetime events?

Primetime events are your personal journey to becoming the best in each class. Every class has a reigning champion and you’ll get the chance to beat a series of 7 drivers, each one more difficult than the last, leading up to final battle with your top ranked opponent. Keep a cool head and don’t let them psych you out!

How do I customize my truck?

Customization is a massive part of MMX Racing and all you have to do is press the 'Customize' button on the main trucks screen. In here you'll have the option of adding paint jobs, vinyls, rims and accessories to your truck; these not only enhance the look of your truck but will also increase your crowd bonus for each race. 

Once you've turned your truck into a unique work of art you can race it in multiplayer so your competitors can see it or even share it with us and your fellow MMXers on Twitter (@HutchGames or@mmx_racing), Facebook or here on the forums.

How do I get more Gold?

There are a number of ways to get Gold in MMX Racing:

• Each time you level up, you’ll earn Gold.
  • You can watch free videos in the Store to earn Gold.
  • You can purchase different amounts of Gold from the Store.
  • Earn Gold from participating in Class MP (multiplayer).

How do I get more Cash?

There are a number of ways to get Cash in MMX Racing.

• Each time you complete a race, you’ll earn Cash.
  • Each time you complete a Class, you’ll earn a Cash prize.
  • You can watch free videos in the Store to earn Cash.
  • You can purchase different amounts of Cash from the Store.
  • Earn Cash from participating in Class MP (multiplayer).

How do I increase my Crowd Bonus?

After each race, you’ll be given Cash in the form of a Crowd Bonus. The more tricked out your truck is, the bigger the Crowd Bonus! Look to further customize your truck in order to increase your Crowd Bonus, by adding vinyls, accessories, paint jobs and rims.

How do I get more Race Tickets?

There are a number of ways to get Race Tickets in MMX Racing. First click on the race ticket counter at the top of the home display and choose from a number of options.

• A full ticket refresh can be purchased with 10 Gold.
  • Tickets can be earned over time. Waiting 9 minutes will earn you 1 ticket.
  •  You can watch an advert to get a free ticket.
  • The first time you ‘Like’ us on the MMX Facebook page you'll get 10 free tickets.

How can I find out more about MMX Racing?

If you want to keep up with all the latest MMX Racing news, stay alert on the forums. Also check out our Facebook page or follow us on Twitter over on @hutchgames / @mmx_racing