General Discussion

Introduce Yourself

Hutch_DemorphicHutch_Demorphic Administrator, Hutch Staff Posts: 1,063 admin
Dear drivers,
We are a few weeks into Top Drives launch and long overdue some more formal introductions!
It would be great to learn more about you and hear your story.
Please use this thread to:

Tell us a bit about yourself (background, location, any car story you are willing to share).
What stage you are at in Top Drives? (Campaign progress, RQ, multiplayer)
Your game background, what car games you have played before getting to Top Drives
Tell us a bit about your daily drive or the car of your dreams
iOS or Android?

Comments

• NoxialisNoxialis Member Posts: 191 ✭✭✭
    Heya, I'm from the Philippines and I love cars.
    That's, about it xD

I'm done with Campaign (just some XP rewards left over), RQ125, 6k trophy count at the moment and going even lower lol.

Before this I played NFS No Limits and CSR Classics, there's also Pixel Car Racer that I'm still playing.

Car of my dreams? A Mazda RX-7 FD3S with a quad-rotor in it xD

Always and forever an Android user.
  • Tap_GearTap_Gear Member Posts: 182 ✭✭✭
    edited October 2017
    Tap_Gear here.
    I'm from Jakarta, Indonesia.
    Campaign 100%, RQ 125.
    I'm not an avid gamer. Don't play games too much. But this game don't require much action, instead need good strategy. That is what i like the most about this game.
    I'm a petrolhead. Love Top Gear show really much ( now grand tour). I travel to australia just to see them live while they had an event in melbourne.
    My most favourite car experience is when i got invited to sepang circuit malaysia to try lamborghini gallardo balboni and got a driving lesson around the circuit from max venturi (lamborghini test driver).
    My history of cars that I'm proud having in the past and presents:
    Audi TT, Mazda RX8, Benz SLK, Benz CLS, Lotus elise supercharged 
    I drive VW tiguan for daily routine, lotus elise for my freetime fun.
    If someday I have better financial level I would love to have lamborghini aventador (if they are not out of date yet) and a classic Dodge Challenger.
    Post edited by Tap_Gear on
  • KowpadKowpad Member Posts: 168 ✭✭✭
    Hi guys,

I'm Kowpad, which means "fried rice" in Thai. I do love Thai food. 
    I'm from Asheville, North Carolina. Like most, I'm done with single player campaign and my RQ is 125.5.
    im a avid gamer and split my time between Top Drives and CSR 2.
    I love cars and one day I will own an Orange 1967 Yenko Camaro. 
    I currently have 4 cars; An 2013 Nissan Altima, 2009 Cadillac Escalade, a 2014 Jaguar XF, and a 2015 Jaguar F-Type 
    I have also lived in Germany, Thailand, and South Korea. Germany such a gorgeous country. Thai people are so polite and kind.  
    Koreans are busy and non-stop. LoL 

• willcf15willcf15 Member Posts: 263 ✭✭✭
    Hey guys,

I'm from Massachusetts, USA. I've always had a thing for cars. 

83% campaign progress, 98 RQ, 5500 trophies. Trying to keep my RQ low because the fun of this game to me is making compromises with my roster. Once I hit 106 RQ, unless I get really lucky with a pack or event car between now and then, I won't have to make any choices anymore.

I got into cars and car games with Gran Turismo 3. I've played every game in that series way too much up till now, but I'll be getting Forza 7 since I have a PC now :)

Positive experiences with cars include driving a Ferrari California on a closed circuit. However, I'm currently working from home because my poor 2006 Subaru Outback is falling apart from commuting over 100 miles a day :'(

I'm on iOS right now, but this will be my last iPhone unless they add back the headphone jack...
  • CamaroCamaro Member Posts: 209 ✭✭✭
    Hey guys I'm Camaro from China.
     I used to study in USA as a transfer student.  I love American muscle car so much.
    Emmm… thats all, I think u guys already know my line up haha.
  • NumarNumar Member Posts: 1,555 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Hey guys,

i'm Numar from France (Emmanuel >> Manu >> nuMa >> Numar , that's my given nickname , my name is Emmanuel) , i do love cars , i have a compagny that sells cars (buys too of course) , own a prepared Audi s3 who runs like a devil...
    Like most i'm done with campaign and i'm 124RQ , i'm not an avid gamer , i like the casual thing on this game but sometimes i want to play a full hour or 2 to farm gold or pts but you cant it's frustrating especially when there is only 1 event running (ok pretty rare) ...

I'm essentially a free player , i buy a few gold here and there but never more than 50$ cause if i do more i lost interest on the game , i play to get S cars , if i get 10 by buying what's the purpuse of the game !!!? Winning ok but for what !!? If you have all best cars , there will be nothing to do... in fact i even appreciate the meta of this game , it's hard to get/max good cars but it's rewarding when you succed (a bit frustrating too but it's a price to pay ;) !! It changes cause nowadays it's now and fast culture !!!

Looking toward for the big update announced , hope for new contents but i'm sure you guys will do their best to improve the top drive experience , btw i like the communication/spirit of the Hutch team , available , accessible , dedicated >>
  • benbqbenbq Member Posts: 563 ✭✭✭✭
    What's up! I'm from Missouri USA and I'm a lifelong gamer.

Ive always loved drivig but never really owned anything fancier than a chevy impala. Used to work next to a Lamborghini dealership so I've had plenty of time to gawk at all the super cars :) Dream car is definitely an RX-7!

in game I'm RQ 111ish and about 95% campaign, focusing mostly on the special multiplayer events like the common, rare, and super rare. I love this game for the strategy - I've played just about every game out there and even developed a few, and haven't ever seen anything quite like this. 

• A_TwitmyerA_Twitmyer Member Posts: 288 ✭✭✭
    Hey everyone, I'm from Florida!  
    I drive the Glock 19 of cars, the Toyota Corolla.  In the past I've owned a series of unreliable cars (ahem, Jeep), and while I am finishing grad school I am driving the most reliable and affordable car I could find.  Once I graduate, though, I plan on buying a Subaru WRX.  
    In game I an 100% done with the campaign and just working on building up the variety of my garage.  

I actually started the game a few weeks ago on a different account, but I made some bad choices and wasn't able to finish the campaign, so I started over.   This time around my strategy is to never sell upgraded cars if I can help it, even if I want the cash right now, and to collect cars of all kinds to keep a lot of diversity.  Now I have got fully upgraded cars of all rarities in preparation for future low-RQ events or low rarity events, and I'm happy with my garage.  I have spent a total of $30 on the game so far, I bought the starter pack, and some gold here and there.  I reserve the option to pay more if I feel like it, but I am enjoying the game as-is, and I really don't want to invest more and be disappointed.  I'm keeping a balance between supporting the devs and maintaining my enjoyment of the game without going too crazy.  
    @A_Twitmyer nice I grew up in Sanford, FL! The WRX is a beast I hope you get one someday!
  • HardyHardy Member Posts: 91 ✭✭
    hi all, I'm from Singapore. I played many games from arcade to strategy to sports games. In fact I move from game to game very fast sometimes but the longest I ever stayed in a game is Superhero City for 3 years Becos of a very close knitted group of game mates and we are pretty close even though geographically far apart. Well as I had mentioned before I don't have fancy for cars so I never play racing games. This is the only racing game I ever played and I'm literally hooked. That's why I applaud Hutch as they made me look into cars for the very 1st time. Now I know what is FWD RWD 4WD and torque and RPM!! Lmao
    i like this game for its simplicity and at the same time enough depth for strategy. Not too detail and complex but at the same time enough to make me think of strategy to keep me entertained. This game also does not tie me down to event at certain timing which can be a nuisance due to diff time zone and I have also sufficient time to play without affecting my lifestyle. Good Job!
    i have completed campaign and now at RQ 122.
    im a iOS user.
  • GsearchGsearch Member, Wrenchmen, Senior Wrenchmen Posts: 1,985 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Gary, from Atlanta, Georgia area.  I was a beta tester on this game, a loooong time ago.  (took you guys long enough).    I played MMX Hill Dash before it was called MMX Hill Dash.  I love racing...   you should try MMX Hill Dash, it is so freaking competitive, like down to hundredths of  a second, competitive.
    I'm only about 72% done with the campaign, but I am trying to build my collection right without over upgrading the wrong cars.  Loving what Hutch is doing with this game.
  • LordNelozLordNeloz Member Posts: 61 ✭✭
    Hey guys, i am from Germany and study in Cologne. I mainly play PC games and got this game on iOs. My car is a Fiesta ST from 2006 and just on Monday my dad took me to Nürburgring to drive his Porsche 911 Turbo S.
  • GsearchGsearch Member, Wrenchmen, Senior Wrenchmen Posts: 1,985 ✭✭✭✭✭
    LordNeloz said:
    Hey guys, i am from Germany and study in Cologne. I mainly play PC games and got this game on iOs. My car is a Fiesta ST from 2006 and just on Monday my dad took me to Nürburgring to drive his Porsche 911 Turbo S.
    Nice.  That is a fast car to get behind the wheel of.  Welcome.
  • slayerslayer Member Posts: 64
    Slayer, I am from India/Kuwait.
    I have finished Monaco 10 rq 92 and 2.8k trophies( in about a week)
    This is genuinely one of the first mobile racing games I have enjoyed. My favorite console/PC racing games are grid,Forza horizon and nfs most wanted.
    Cars I really like :
    Mitsubishi Evo IX MR
    Pagani Zonda Cinque
    Android
    :)

• BaZziBaZzi Member Posts: 386 ✭✭✭
    Hi, I'm BaZzi here and Wichayut as named in the game.
    Im from Bangkok, Thailand. I've Been playing many games such as Summoners war, Battle hand, Lineage2, Top eleven and Hearthstone, and been doing quite well for all of them (have been the 1st ranking player in server for most of them). However, my most fav now is Top Drives, since now I just come to busy on my consultant business, I have shorter time to active in game and this one is just suit my present routine, bring out clever and luck more than time and money(may be?). Moreover, kind of supercars and hypercars are also ones of my interest. And I don't have to play them as other racing game but can simulate them to race with strategy. To put it simply, the game concept is dope.
    My present stage in game is just on the way upgrade all my best cars. 125RQ, done Campaign, almost 30K tropies, the highest TP player in game now. Btw I'm not the best, but till now no one can push me to use my best line up.
    @Tap_Gear is that you?
  • PablozzzzPablozzzz Member Posts: 40
    Hi im pablo and im from spain 
    I used before other car games like real drif and real racing 3 
    In a car lover and actually im in the multiplayer because i pass the campaing a long time ago.

• TransporterTransporter Member Posts: 4
    Hey there. Been lurking in here for a while. Thought I’d register and say hello

Im loving the game and the useful tips guys are putting in here from experience 

hipe i I can help out in the future too
    @A_Twitmyer I see you 
  • A_TwitmyerA_Twitmyer Member Posts: 288 ✭✭✭
    @slayer not like I was hiding ;)
  • kevwang97kevwang97 Member Posts: 245 ✭✭✭
    @Hutch_Demorphic what about you??? Creepy ski mask for a profile pic guy! Hahaha
    anyways my name is Kevin. I live in Paris but am from NYC. As you can see from my profile pic I used to drive a 2015 Audi RS5. Now my daily driver is the 2017 A45 here’s a pic of her if anyone cares:

• JerseyRacer19JerseyRacer19 Member Posts: 1
    Hey everyone!  Newer player here from New Jersey USA, just RQ 77, 48% done with the campaign and still getting my hands around which cars to upgrade and which ones to sell.  3400 trophies.  I'm lucky enough to have hit an "S" car already (Audi R8 Spyder V10) and my favorite car is actually a truck, the versatile "C" class Chevy Trailblazer.  I took one look at that and thought "MAX UPGRADE!"  Also having fun with a maxed out Vauxhall Cascada which has won a surprising amount of races for just 8 RQ.  In real life I am a lot more boring driver, owned a Thunderbird Super Coupe once, but now drive a boring Honda Civic. So I live vicariously through Top Drives and hope you update the campaign soon to give us all a lot more singleplayer racing opportunities!  Love the multiplayer here - always challenging picking out what cars to use.
  • B31ieveB31ieve Member Posts: 71 ✭✭
    Hey, all. I'm new to this forum and Top Drives. I'll definitely be sticking around. I really like that this game includes old muscle cars. Hope they add Pontiac.
    Vauxhall cascada is a sweet car, I have 2 of them in this game just waiting in case there's an uncommon challenge.
  • ElainaElaina Member Posts: 56 ✭✭
    edited October 2017
    Hello my name is Elaina and I'm from North Carolina.
    My favorite game is Word Cookies. Yes! .. Word Cookies, its a word game. I also love Top Drives.
    My Veyron 16.4 is my best car in my deck but the Mini JCW ALL4 Countryman Cooper is my favorite car in Top Drives. 
    I own a Great Dane name Nina and my boyfriend is from Thailand.
    I have 4800 TP and just recently completed the campaign. Wish there were more single player events.

• Tap_GearTap_Gear Member Posts: 182 ✭✭✭
    slayer said:
    @Tap_Gear is that you?
    Yes it is me at number 5
  • HardyHardy Member Posts: 91 ✭✭
    Elaina said:
    Hello my name is Elaina and I'm from North Carolina.
    My favorite game is Word Cookies. Yes! .. Word Cookies, its a word game. I also love Top Drives.
    My Veyron 16.4 is my best car in my deck but the Mini JCW ALL4 Countryman Cooper is my favorite car in Top Drives. 
    I own a Great Dane name Nina and my boyfriend is from Thailand.
    I have 4800 TP and just recently completed the campaign. Wish there were more single player events.

Oh yes I luv Great Dane! My fav dog is Doberman tho.
  • ElainaElaina Member Posts: 56 ✭✭
    Great Danes are such gentle giant. Doberman are some of the most loyal dogs.
  • TGPDTGPD Member Posts: 3,618 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Hello, TGPD here.
    I'm from Hong Kong, and spent some time playing this game and I like it. Many of my friends plays NFS no limits and CSR2 but say this game is "boring", but I love it. 

Currently on RQ 112, Campaign 100%, and got 25 cars.
    Best car is still the boss McLaren but got RS6 from 5*carbon pack
    Most loved car is (now sold) BMW M coupe from Aluminium (very lucky) and Lotus 340R and Elise 135.
    If you live in Hong Kong, you don't need to drive a car as the maintenance cost is astronomical, so I watch a lot of Carthrottle and Gaskings videos to fill that Car guy gap. Our car park has 2 Gumpert Apollos, a Huayra, 348, 360 and 458 speciales, and a Konigsegg Agera S. Spend my time down there sometimes. 
    Would want the P1 in grey, or the 8C, or Sesto Elemento if I won the lottery or become a trillionaire :)
  • MikeManNZMikeManNZ Member Posts: 211 ✭✭✭
    Hi Michael here.

Mid-40's IT Guy from New Zealand.

At 100% in the campaign, RQ125 and ~9500 MP Trophy's

3 S Class cars (MP12C, R35 GT-R and SLS) and some nice A Class (Caterham JPE, M3 GTS, Camaro, Raptor, RS7)

Collecting Ford, aiming for 78/78