Help & Support

Top Drives Known Issues - Please Read Before Posting! (Updated 23/11/2017)

HutchJackHutchJack Hutch Staff Posts: 130 Wrenchman
edited November 2017 in Help & Support

Hi Everyone,

Below is a list of the most widely reported issues in Top Drives and, where possible, the status of those issues. It's worth checking this list if you think you've encountered a problem as we may have already been alerted to it, the best option if you don't see it here is to contact customer support via the Settings in game (Help and Support Button). There's no need to reply to this thread about the issue if you see it on the list, we do know about!

We’ll keep this post as up to date as possible as new issues are reported and try and get as many of these fixed as we can!

- Crash/Top Drives has stopped working when updating to the latest version

We've seen a couple of reports of the game crashing when updating to the latest version when trying to load the game. Send us a message with this information:

Device (for example iPhone 7, Samsung Galaxy 6)

Operating System (for example Android Marshmallow 6.0, iOS 11) 

At what point the game is crashing (for example just after the Top Drives main screen loads)

- Players are showing more than once in the options of opponents in Multiplayer Events

At times in Multiplayer Events when players have the option to choose which opponent they have, it can show the same opponent. We are investigating this currently. 

- I get an error whenever I try and race in a specific event

Very rarely, players will see an event continually give them server errors when they try and enter it. This could be the set up of the Event or on an individual basis, please send a message via the Help and Support button. 

- I lost against an identical car - but mine was upgraded!

On some challenges, some upgraded cars will lose against identical non-upgraded versions - it often happens on slalom challenges. We know that this is an issue with the match resolver, it's an ongoing issue that is very complex to fix as changing one thing in how the match resolves can break everything! We know it's frustrating but we are working on a fix, it's taking a lot longer than expected. 

- Some of the stages in the first campaign location (UK) won’t unlock.

There should only be a few players affected by this - if you are one of them, get in touch via the in-game help and support tool (accessed from the in-game settings menu) - we can fix it for you. 

- I didn’t get my Google Play achievement. 

We are looking into reports of some Google Play achievements not firing. We are investigating others including those for clearing all campaign boards and winning each campaign stage with 3 stars. If you don't see these occurring, send us a message. 

- “Watch an ad for free gold” button doesn’t work.

We know that sometimes pressing this button can lead to a black screen, and sometimes simply will not load an ad. This is complicated to fix but we are working on it. In the meantime, restarting the app and trying again often sorts the problem out. This can also happen when there isn't an Ad from our Ad Provider, in which case there isn't anything we can do as it's an external part of the game we cannot control. 

- Car stats are wrong!

We have created a thread in the “Report a Bug” section of the Top Drives forum. Any errors may have been reported by other players. If not, let us know and we’ll look into it!

Useful Extra Information:

- RQ Reward Pack Levels 

RQ packs aren’t given at every level - only the following: 40, 45, 50, 55, 60, 70, 80, 90, 100, 110, 120, 125.

- My car’s top speed is greater than 150 mph but it can’t reach that speed in certain challenges. 

The track for the 0-150 challenges are 3 miles long (about 5km). This is the distance in which your car needs to be able to hit 150mph. Not all cars will be able to achieve this. If you check the back of the card you will can see all your cars stats. It’s important in these challenges to pick cars that have a high 0-60 and plenty of power and torque - torque gets you up to top speed and power keeps you there. This isn't actually a Bug, it's that it's a bit weird that you car says a certain stat but you can't actually reach it, in real life this is the case but in a game it doesn't make as much sense. 

Why does the score count down on Test Bowl?

The test bowl is a rolling start, both cars will get to top speed, however when one crosses the line the other is still speeding up meaning the win margin is getting smaller, hence why the number counts down. 

Thanks!

Post edited by Hutch_Demorphic on

Comments

• Norup73Norup73 Member Posts: 2
    Why Do i loose point between my races? Used my 5 tickets in the winter/Nissan contest, ended up at 21th place with 108 points. When returning to game later i was 85th with 21 points? Why Do i lose my points? 
  • milewski1015milewski1015 Member Posts: 1,384 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Norup73 said:
    Why Do i loose point between my races? Used my 5 tickets in the winter/Nissan contest, ended up at 21th place with 108 points. When returning to game later i was 85th with 21 points? Why Do i lose my points? 
    Other players are challenging your lineup, if they beat your hand, you lose points
  • MarkpMarkp Member Posts: 1
    I hope you can help, sorry I couldn't seem to create a post, maybe because I'm on a phone. My game has updated and when I started it this morning it is starting a new game and I've lost all my progress! 
  • DoupaoDoupao Member Posts: 263 ✭✭✭
    My game is stuck on fetching car page and my phone is huawei mate 8 operating system Hisilicon kirin 950. please fix it thx
  • DoupaoDoupao Member Posts: 263 ✭✭✭
    My game is stuck on fetching car page and my phone is huawei mate 8 operating system Hisilicon kirin 950. please fix it thx
  • N9_CycloneN9_Cyclone Member Posts: 36
    my game is stuck on the "fetching your profile part" my phone is a Samsung S4 running Android 5.0.1
  • mitjagregamitjagrega Member Posts: 2
    yesterday 02/24/2018 just a second later when I bought 5 ticket for Land Rover finals the game crashed and now I cant even get in the game. 3 second after top drives screen game crash. I am hopeless and I cant even login into facebook account - again game crashing.

My acc name: TopDrives13171

P.s. I was on 36th place in land rover finals 
  • gooner113gooner113 Member Posts: 2
    Game won't load past the fetching profile page.
    Running on Samsung galaxy 7 edge Android 7.0

Any help would be appreciated.

• Guillaume_BraleyGuillaume_Braley Member Posts: 1
    Le jeu ne démarre pas juste après l'écran de chargement. Que dois-je faire pour ne pas perdre ma progression ? Contactez moi au plus vite merci. Samsung Galaxy s7 et Android 7.
  • ealightealight Member Posts: 7
    The game stopped working today on Samsung Galaxy S8 Android 8.0.0. It crashes after the loading screen (black screen with two white logos).
  • SeRe3SeRe3 Member Posts: 1
    The game stopped working today on my Huawei P9 Lite, Android 7.0. It crashes during the loading screen when the two white logos appear.