General Discussion

Hutch you're losing players

TGPDTGPD Member Posts: 240 ✭✭✭
edited October 13 in General Discussion
I've been talking about this a little in every thread. This game is not good at keeping players alive. After the uneventful campaign, it's a dead end for most F2P players. Multiplayer matchmaking is infuriating and absurd. These aren't new, I'm just mentioning and gathering the key points from many small threads before. If you don't spend money like a madman, you have no chance in Multiplayer, especially if you hit the 4000 trophies+ or the dreaded RQ125 wall. 
Here are some points I think that would make this game better:
  • Change Multiplayer matchmaking and record the luck and payment amount of each player and in general, be more clever.
  • Add more levels in the Campaign! Games like Real Racing 3™ has tons of cars and races to keep you playing, and of course, paying. This also gives people the incentive to pay.
  • Give cars more transparent RQ and classes. Cars like the Nissan Pathfinder and the Murano doesn't deserve to be an 18RQ B class car. Add more transparency, so you can reduce the number of players groaning about how they've got the CrossCabriolet from a carbon fibre pack.
  • Please, please increase the rewards in multiplayer. The rewards in cash are so poor that a campaign race in Germany can turn better results. 825 cash? Don't make me laugh.
  • XP converter at RQ125, for example, making a kind of "scrap" system to convert unneeded XP if you're at RQ125 and buy packs with them. Although I want XP to be converted into cash or gold.
  • Increase the sale price on F, E, D, C and B cars! You'll need to sell tens of thousands of them to get a ceramic and get another C car, often the Nissan Kumquat.
  • Lower the prices on the packs. 32500 cash on a C car that you will either fuse or use it 5 times at best? You've got to be kidding me. Make the price on the Alu packs down to 12500 cash and Ceramic packs down to 27500 cash. 
  • Propose new packs. Make the current Carbon fibre packs "guarantees one epic car and one super rare car" and put a "Titanium" pack into where the CF packs were. Also, make the Titanium pack cash-buyable.
  • Something requested most of all - Campaign 2.0: Harder bosses, more levels (I think 15 is a fair number) and very big rewards.
  • Special events, like where you can spend most of your time. Singleplayer-like, this mode should be a limited-time event, huge awards, and great cars that you can't win in the packs or campaign or MP.
  • 100% campaign reward - C'mon, we've committed so much time to your game, wouldn't it be nice if we had some kind of reward, just as a vanity item? Like 1,000,000 cash or 2500 gold, or just some cars?
  • Increase the chances of S class as well - I know that you're increasing the chances of epic in the next update, but you see the point. Even with carbon pack, the odds are 3 in 100. That means that you have to buy approximately 50,000 gold to get just one S car. And I don't even like to think why some S cars are considered "legendary".
  • Give players opportunities to restart, maybe in limited quantities, like 3, to stop people exploiting this feature. But some players are really in need for this! If you messed up the Lotus 135 upgrade, then you either have to pray that one comes up in a ceramic or slowly kill yourself.
  • The ability to trade cars inter-account. Although you might want to consider this since people might come up with several accounts and bet they're cars on a secondary account, and if they get terrible results they move on. If they get an NSX they could transfer it. Nevertheless an idea.
  • Implement the in-game forums as soon as possible. I can only use email to send screenshots.
  • Implement a feature where you get rewards for collecting a single brand or in general. People can't actually claim all of them, but a 25% or 50% collection might sound reasonable.
That's all for now, Hutch. You've already lost a very active and loyal player Tap_Gear. You wouldn't want to lose more. Also, most of the ideas are not original by me, so credit where credit's due, to their respective owners. I would have quitted because I didn't have enough cars to fuse my better ones, and I'm in a financial crisis while facing Monaco 10. More cars are down to they're manufacturer's license, so no worries to add it sooner or later.

Comments

• JayJay Member Posts: 125 ✭✭✭
    TGPD said:
    I've been talking about this a little in every thread. This game is not good at keeping players alive. After the uneventful campaign, it's a dead end for most F2P players. Multiplayer matchmaking is infuriating and absurd. These aren't new, I'm just mentioning and gathering the key points from many small threads before. If you don't spend money like a madman, you have no chance in Multiplayer, especially if you hit the 4000 trophies+ or the dreaded RQ125 wall. 
    Here are some points I think that would make this game better:
    • Change Multiplayer matchmaking and record the luck and payment amount of each player and in general, be more clever.
    • Add more levels in the Campaign! Games like Real Racing 3™ has tons of cars and races to keep you playing, and of course, paying. This also gives people the incentive to pay.
    • Give cars more transparent RQ and classes. Cars like the Nissan Pathfinder and the Murano doesn't deserve to be an 18RQ B class car. Add more transparency, so you can reduce the number of players groaning about how they've got the CrossCabriolet from a carbon fibre pack.
    • Please, please increase the rewards in multiplayer. The rewards in cash are so poor that a campaign race in Germany can turn better results. 825 cash? Don't make me laugh.
    • XP converter at RQ125, for example, making a kind of "scrap" system to convert unneeded XP if you're at RQ125 and buy packs with them. Although I want XP to be converted into cash or gold.
    • Increase the sale price on F, E, D, C and B cars! You'll need to sell tens of thousands of them to get a ceramic and get another C car, often the Nissan Kumquat.
    • Lower the prices on the packs. 32500 cash on a C car that you will either fuse or use it 5 times at best? You've got to be kidding me. Make the price on the Alu packs down to 12500 cash and Ceramic packs down to 27500 cash. 
    • Propose new packs. Make the current Carbon fibre packs "guarantees one epic car and one super rare car" and put a "Titanium" pack into where the CF packs were. Also, make the Titanium pack cash-buyable.
    • Something requested most of all - Campaign 2.0: Harder bosses, more levels (I think 15 is a fair number) and very big rewards.
    • Special events, like where you can spend most of your time. Singleplayer-like, this mode should be a limited-time event, huge awards, and great cars that you can't win in the packs or campaign or MP.
    • 100% campaign reward - C'mon, we've committed so much time to your game, wouldn't it be nice if we had some kind of reward, just as a vanity item? Like 1,000,000 cash or 2500 gold, or just some cars?
    • Increase the chances of S class as well - I know that you're increasing the chances of epic in the next update, but you see the point. Even with carbon pack, the odds are 3 in 100. That means that you have to buy approximately 50,000 gold to get just one S car. And I don't even like to think why some S cars are considered "legendary".
    • Give players opportunities to restart, maybe in limited quantities, like 3, to stop people exploiting this feature. But some players are really in need for this! If you messed up the Lotus 135 upgrade, then you either have to pray that one comes up in a ceramic or slowly kill yourself.
    • The ability to trade cars inter-account. Although you might want to consider this since people might come up with several accounts and bet they're cars on a secondary account, and if they get terrible results they move on. If they get an NSX they could transfer it. Nevertheless an idea.
    • Implement the in-game forums as soon as possible. I can only use email to send screenshots.
    • Implement a feature where you get rewards for collecting a single brand or in general. People can't actually claim all of them, but a 25% or 50% collection might sound reasonable.
    That's all for now, Hutch. You've already lost a very active and loyal player Tap_Gear. You wouldn't want to lose more. Also, most of the ideas are not original by me, so credit where credit's due, to their respective owners. I would have quitted because I didn't have enough cars to fuse my better ones, and I'm in a financial crisis while facing Monaco 10. More cars are down to they're manufacturer's license, so no worries to add it sooner or later.
    Some of this is already in the next update.
  • TGPDTGPD Member Posts: 240 ✭✭✭
    Just suggesting, they might miss some of them
  • JayJay Member Posts: 125 ✭✭✭
    edited October 13
    TGPD said:
    Just suggesting, they might miss some of them
    Yeah I was just trying to be encouraging. Takes time to develop stuff. Test it and release it. I think some more communication would be cool :sweat_smile:
  • HardyHardy Member Posts: 91 ✭✭
    I like some of the ideas in there esp point 2, 4 and 6. Those points are really much needed.

i do feel abit skeptical on point 8 as it can be bad on both players point of view and game perspective.
    For the point on trading cars between players, please do not implement it...it is sure to open up exploits and cheating. I personally encounter it and I do not wish it to happen in this game. It is an obvious backdoor to many problems and more complains from such. I can assure you nothing good comes out of it.
  • martytwymartytwy Member Posts: 12
    Some great ideas in there and I welcome them.  I agree that once the campaign is finished and you hit 125RQ, there is little incentive to keep playing.  Unless you can afford to pay through the nose, upgrading cars is seriously hard to do on the paltry MP earnings and winning cars from MP next to impossible unless you have spent loads or got seriously lucky.
  • Anthony_OlivoAnthony_Olivo Member Posts: 293 ✭✭✭
    edited October 13
    Annather good idea would DEFINITELY be that those prize cards were better for the big events. Don't want to upgrade em in Today's Event? Okay, fine. But when the big 5 day event comes, improve those cards to include any class of car and random amounts of money from 700 to 2500 cash.

Of course anything Epic and Legendary should be very rare, but they should be there. Imagine being bored from grinding, winning only econocars, and then BOOM! A nice Nissan Skyline GT-R R33 from the 14th multiplayer pack.
  • Hutch_IanHutch_Ian Member, Hutch Staff Posts: 153 mod
    edited October 13
    Those are some very good ideas right there. I especially demand an increase in the multiplayer card rewards. Yes they eliminated RQ for 125 RQ players but guess what big error Hutch made?

THEY NERFED THE CASH PRIZES FROM 850 TO ONLY A MINIMAL SALARY ESQUE 375 GOLD!!!!!!!!

That is just horrible, dismal, terrible, you get it. Also the cars you win there are terrible, those should be RNG like Quick Match cards were in Beta. You would get ANYTHING from common to Legendary. Look at this image I just sent. PFFT Many people will leave if this keeps happening.
    We have a prize board with 15 prizes in. In the current build only 3 of them are Cash and they're each $850 which means you get $2,550 per prize board. 5 of them were XP, which wasn't making you level up at RQ125.

In the next build we've changed the 5 XP cards and the other 3 Cash to $375. So now you get $3,000 per prize board = more money overall.
  • Hutch_IanHutch_Ian Member, Hutch Staff Posts: 153 mod
    That is still way too low. 8 prize cards containing $850 for a total of $6,800 per pack would be a lot more tolerable since a Ceramic pack costs $32,500. It would give players more opportunities to get decent cars.
    The point is - we haven't nerfed the rewards, we've buffed them.
  • benbqbenbq Member Posts: 178 ✭✭✭
    At least the Xp rewards are gone, that’s an improvement. 
  • YayPYayP Member Posts: 94 ✭✭✭
    Please please correct the class of some cards. Like the lotus elise, its way too op to be an rq 16 class. It beats most b cars and some a cards. And like nissan pathfinder and murano do not deserve b class; they are garbage. There are many more i could list
    edited October 13
    YayP said:
    Please please correct the class of some cards. Like the lotus elise, its way too op to be an rq 16 class. It beats most b cars and some a cards. And like nissan pathfinder and murano do not deserve b class; they are garbage. There are many more i could list
    As I said.
    EDIT: Pls don't buff the Elise
    YayP said:
    IMO lotus Elise is not op. This is what she is. She has top manuevability but poor power. She can be beaten in other types of tracks easily. If Op she would be almost invincible but she is far from it. I would say she is very useful and optimal.
    Hardy said:
    YayP said:
    IMO lotus Elise is not op. This is what she is. She has top manuevability but poor power. She can be beaten in other types of tracks easily. If Op she would be almost invincible but she is far from it. I would say she is very useful and optimal.
    You can't just disagree with @YayP 's post just because he said something that contradicts your idea. I believe you still think that a Datsun Pathfinder is the best thing you can ever get from a Carbon Fiber pack. Also, the Lotus should be buffed to 17RQ but still C class, like the few exceptions, for example the T8 volvo.
    YayP said:
    Although I have to say that the Elise should be in C class because it's a beginner's key to Monaco 10 and it is the only way for the normies. They have a large supply of D cars and without those, they wouldn't be able to beat Monaco 10 if they hadn't got a better car like the 340R. Maybe buff the RQ to 17, but please keep it at Super rare. People wouldn't have enough C cars to fuse to your proposed B class 135.
    edited October 13
    TGPD said:
    Hardy said:
    YayP said:
    You can't just disagree with @YayP 's post just because he said something that contradicts your idea. I believe you still think that a Datsun Pathfinder is the best thing you can ever get from a Carbon Fiber pack. Also, the Lotus should be buffed to 17RQ but still C class, like the few exceptions, for example the T8 volvo.
    Im a vocal person. lol I will do what I think is best for the game as I had played so many and none really attracts me for long except of course SHC. This is prolly the next one :-)
    anyway lotus remain at C class but reclassify to 17RQ would be a reasonable proposal.
  • NumarNumar Member Posts: 326 ✭✭✭
    Come on guys , big update is in 3 days so be patient and you'll see if you are dispointed...
    edited October 13
    YayP said:
    And have you realized that non-performance tyres and 4WD cars has been buffed up in terms of RQ and rarity? Take the Silvia 240RS for example, 18RQ, same as 2016 pathfinder, but only with RWD and Per tyres, has been nerfed, or the pathfinder has been buffed.
    Numar said:
    Come on guys , big update is in 3 days so be patient and you'll see if you are dispointed...
    True, but not much could be done in 3 days could they? Am already seeing the new update. Suzuki, new UI for MP, and nothing else pretty much.
  • NoxialisNoxialis Member Posts: 123 ✭✭✭
    Where the heck are you seeing the new update? o.O
    Noxialis said:
    Where the heck are you seeing the new update? o.O
    Don't know, probably as a beta tester
  • Duncan1Duncan1 Member Posts: 13
    I think it would also be handy to be able to use gold or cash aswell as cars to fuse to the next levels. 
  • MettitiMettiti Member Posts: 339 ✭✭✭
    TGPD said:
    Numar said:
    True, but not much could be done in 3 days could they? Am already seeing the new update. Suzuki, new UI for MP, and nothing else pretty much.
    depressing aint it ........
  • NoxialisNoxialis Member Posts: 123 ✭✭✭
    To be fair to Hutch, that small increase in cash is a welcome change.

This may mean that for us RQ125 players, all RQ cards are now converted to small yet useful amounts of cash (325 is enough really). Read Ian's reply carefully, you guys must've overlooked a certain detail.

The real questions is, will matchmaking be fixed come Monday? As far as I can tell, they haven't yet made any changes to MM which is understandable because it is not time yet (and since we do have beta testers who get a glimpse of what's to come they're not implementing it so as to not give these beta testers an advantage no matter how small). The update will be pushed both client and server-side so all we can really do at this point (testers included) is to share screenshots of new cars and UI changes and simply wait for Monday to come.

I am hoping that Hutch has pulled through for us with this, no matter how small it still is progress much appreciated than none at all.
  • ripittman65ripittman65 Member Posts: 2
    Glad to see someone took the time to put together a list of suggestions. I'd like to add a few of my own. I tried to think of some things that "might" be easy to do. Anyway, here's a few suggestions, Hutch:

Seasonal Event (Spring, Winter, Summer Fall)
    last 24 hours but changes every 6 hours
    (Dirt/Rain)
    (Snow/Ice)
    (Sunny)
    Moto/Hill/Rally)

Decade Series One car for 70's, 80's, 90's, 2000's plus one open slot

Alphabet Street:  One from A, B, C, D, E

Cross County: 2 laps on circuit races

Weight Restriction: Example, nothing under 1300 lbs

twins Series: 2 of the same car plus 3 open slots.

Campaign Extension: This one's difficult. Boss Revenge.
    Add another level to each area that opens once you achieve 100%
    Bots run all boss cars Wth different upgrades, we have RQ restriction
    When we clear all cards we win special version of the Boss Car.

just some thoughts,
    RP

• MettitiMettiti Member Posts: 339 ✭✭✭
    i mean this community came up with so many great suggestions, and a lot of dumb ones, if hutch would just implement a few
  • firsttkingfirsttking Member Posts: 10
    All I know is that I'm tired of racing these dudes that have spent thousands of dollars on this game and they have max upgraded 5 legendary card lineups for every race. As soon as I don't have to race those guys (I'm not spending thousands on a mobile app, that's ridiculous) and multiplayer becomes more enticing and rewarding then I'll be good.