General Discussion

Multiplayer - opponent choice

ppedrasppedras Member Posts: 1,001 ✭✭✭✭
edited October 2017 in General Discussion
One of the good things after the update was the advantage of been able to choose your opponents from a determined lineup
I dont know if its just happening to me but yesterday on the US event i had a lineup of 4 players, that was good except for the fact that 3 were the same player.
Of all the races i’ve made in about 70% of the times there are duplicated players.

Its been happening with you guys too?

Comments

• bobdylanbobdylan Member Posts: 3,382 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Yeah some times . Not sure what that's all about . Or some times no choice just one
  • bertmcfishbertmcfish Member Posts: 114 ✭✭✭
    Occasionally only one to choose from, more often there is a repeated opponent
  • TD42792TD42792 Member Posts: 1,211 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Best is the repeated opponent you have already defeated!
  • TinyFordTinyFord Member Posts: 197 ✭✭✭
    Yeah also sometimes get only 1, but mostly same guy. Today I led the US event against some guy by beating him the whole time on slalom and city streets. Then suddenly after I got tickets back, it’s just drag races, I’m at 4th now. 
    Picking the opponent is great, I just wish they weren’t all the same event, as that breaks the strategy a bit
  • leechleech Member Posts: 47
    I agree with @TinyFord it would be so much better if each different opponent was on a different track line up! So maybe you've prepared for rainy tracks and that's not there!! Your still having to guess in a way what the track conditions will be
  • TD42792TD42792 Member Posts: 1,211 ✭✭✭✭✭
    leech said:
    I agree with @TinyFord it would be so much better if each different opponent was on a different track line up! So maybe you've prepared for rainy tracks and that's not there!! Your still having to guess in a way what the track conditions will be
    I was thinking about this. If you could choose the track then there would be a natural alignment of everyone picking the same tracks with the same cars, or slight variations, and would get pretty boring, no? What I think is a shame is that in most events there is a certain type of tracks 80% of the time, and then the "alternative" tracks (eg 80% asphalt and then 20% rain), which pretty much pushes everyone to set up for dry asphalt any way. It would be much more fun if it was 50/50 dry and rain for instance, we could then try and do a competitive rain set up that would be efficient. Same with dirt, ice, etc.