General Discussion

Higher trophy count and group selection.

LittleEnosBurdetteLittleEnosBurdette Member Posts: 454 ✭✭✭
How are the groups you are put in worked out exactly? I see on here regularly lower trophy count players are in huge groups, say 250+ players for an event. My count is 7700 and I’m usually in a group of only 30 odd players including 5 Hutch bots but there is a huge variation in our trophy counts, ranging from say 4000 to 30000, meaning I can beat the lower guys easily but haven’t a chance to win a competition against the higher guys, yet the likes of bazi (sorry if I’ve spelt that wrong) says he at 40000 odd has nobody to play. Any info how this works?

Answers

• YayPYayP Member Posts: 197 ✭✭✭
    My guess there are not enough players in extremely high trophies that it just places them in an open room in a lower trophy range
  • LittleEnosBurdetteLittleEnosBurdette Member Posts: 454 ✭✭✭
    YayP said:
    My guess there are not enough players in extremely high trophies that it just places them in an open room in a lower trophy range
    I don’t know the figures obviously and I'm possibly being a bit naive on the programming side but surely RQ x Trophy count should be the equation for working out the groups at the start of an event, then the groups are relatively even? If there are only 5 or 6 players with 30000+ trophy count for instance they go in a group together instead of being split up, and so on to the lower trophy count groups, if that makes sense. 
  • BigMoBigMo Member Posts: 207 ✭✭✭
    edited October 2017
    YayP said:
    I don’t know the figures obviously and I'm possibly being a bit naive on the programming side but surely RQ x Trophy count should be the equation for working out the groups at the start of an event, then the groups are relatively even? If there are only 5 or 6 players with 30000+ trophy count for instance they go in a group together instead of being split up, and so on to the lower trophy count groups, if that makes sense. 
    A group of only 5 or 6 players is not a group when compared to the number of players total in this game. Your solution to single out high trophy players to appeal to others is not the answer.
  • LittleEnosBurdetteLittleEnosBurdette Member Posts: 454 ✭✭✭
    edited October 2017
    BigMo said:
    YayP said:
    A group of only 5 or 6 players is not a group when compared to the number of players total in this game. Your solution to single out high trophy players to appeal to others is not the answer.
    I’m not singling out high trophy players, all I’m asking for is a level playing field. I’m guessing there are a lot more than 5 or 6 players +30000 trophy count anyway so the group would be larger. I’m sure the high trophy count guys would rather tough it out with the others than constantly play against 5 bots and one or two others no?
  • BigMoBigMo Member Posts: 207 ✭✭✭
    I hear what your saying about the trophies, maybe Hutch will think of something by the next update.