General Discussion

So what are the best rare beasts?

luket22luket22 Member Posts: 47 ✭✭
got these atm for event 

Comments

• benbqbenbq Member Posts: 501 ✭✭✭✭
    edited November 2017
    That is a very good hand. I doubt you will find a use for the ford Scorpio or that 330d though.

i am very partial to the Audi Quattro, and Subaru XT and forester for rainy conditions. 
  • KaramataKaramata Member Posts: 76
    edited November 2017
    From what we discussed in another topic, it's may be good to have a Corvette 396 or a Merc 190 Evo for top speed & 1mile drag (probably the former), but you're on spot with the drifters. I think the Accord can match the Focus and the Civic, but one can't have everything after all... Audi Quatro is a better option if you want a 4WD, though. This Ford won't do much.
  • HuacanachaHuacanacha Member, Wrenchmen, Senior Wrenchmen Posts: 2,139 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited November 2017
    The Ford Focus is a handling first vehicle that lose against more balanced cars for most events and have its **** handed to it by the white and light brigade (D10 Caterham, D11 Chevette) I handling races. I had a whole fleet of 5 of those for a while. Then the stock ones were upgraded to appease the higher level event gods. I also had 5 El Caminos but all but two of them suffered a similar fate. I sold the upgraded Focus for cash.
  • NumarNumar Member Posts: 1,537 ✭✭✭✭✭
    M3 for city streets
    Chevette for slalom/kart
    corvette for mile drag
    el camino for short drag
    accord/civic for versatility
    cadillac sts for rainy fast track
    subaru xt for rainy twisty track
    El Camino beats corvette barely in 1 mile
  • nipan_TopDrivesnipan_TopDrives Member Posts: 246 ✭✭✭
    what should be the upgrades @Numar ???
  • NoxialisNoxialis Member Posts: 191 ✭✭✭
    Use the Civic, 330D, El Camino.
    The other two I leave to you.
  • B31ieveB31ieve Member Posts: 71 ✭✭
    Good cars. Be sure to keep an 02 Forester or Subaru XT if you get one, those are good. I'm also using a Ford Mondeo ST200 in my hand, and it isn't bad. 
    Disagree on the 330d, the M3 is better 
    M3 seems completely useless to me. Lacks midrange vs say the Civic and with worse handling. I don't think I've lost to an equivalently tuned one yet. I do see a lot of people singing it's promises though... what tracks is it supposed to excel at?
    As for the diesels... well they just aren't racing cars unfortunately. Too heavy and with appalling midrange. Nice and quick off the line though with all that torque.
    M3 3/3/2 is pretty good for fast track , i'll max the accord 2/3/3 for twisties and chevette for slalom , corvette is for long drag or bowl test , el camino for short drag both 3/3/2
    edited November 2017
    Yes the M3 is a monster for fast track but also a top 3 contender for multiple other races making it more versatile than other cars. Yes there may be one car that can outpace it in a certain event, but there isn’t always a guarantee that your car will be useful because track conditions are random. The M3 just powers through almost any track in a pinch. For example the alycone May beat it in test bowl but i would way rather have the M3 in my lineup because test bowl doesn’t always show up... and the alycone sucks at everything but top speed 
    edited November 2017
    I don't see the advantage over the Civic honestly, which is equally versatile. M3 looks like it has acceleration and top speed but maxed 330 tuning looses 0-100 (in wet at least) and most courses I've seen it on to my 222 max tuned Civic. Maybe dry conditions or over 1/4 mile will be better, but in that case I would deploy El Camino anyway if possible. Maybe it's just the matchups I've seen haven't been favorable.

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
    edited November 2017
    I did wonder what to choose between civic , m3 and merc 190evo but as i built a chevette and an Accord i Wasnt in need of a grip car (already had el camino and corvette) , merc has better top speed but low mid and low grip so i choose m3...
    And if you dont have 80´s cars for'event...
    I can confirm M3 beats civic in drags (1/4 mile and 1/2). So there’s that. Looks like I need to switch out the Subaru XT for the Forester for this event... too many of those rainy city streets coming up for the low ride height of the XT.
    Yep can confirm I benched my XT for the forester as well. 
    Man I didn’t realize the slalom power of that chevette!! It just got a permanent spot on my team 
  • bobdylanbobdylan Member Posts: 1,733 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited November 2017
    Acidently sold my chevette   :s the merc e190 is a big let down really should be better than it is. 

Euro accord  
    El Camino 
    Ford focus st 
    M3  
    Chevette 
    Civic type  r
    Audi quattro 
    Caterham 
    Forester 

Baby elan showing promise  as my chevette stand in
    Always a good idea to invest in light weight car !! That's why i'll feed the McLaren with this

2000kg
  • DARKKiDARKKi Member Posts: 67
    After the upgrades and new vehicles what Rare's would you recommend now? :smile:
  • AntounAntoun Member Posts: 401 ✭✭✭
    DARKKi said:
    After the upgrades and new vehicles what Rare's would you recommend now? :smile:
    The Suzuki Swift Rally
    Corvette C4
    Ford Ranger
    Lotus Elise 1.6
  • jczerojczero Member Posts: 451 ✭✭✭
    Antoun said:
    DARKKi said:
    The Suzuki Swift Rally
    Corvette C4
    Ford Ranger
    Lotus Elise 1.6
    How’s corvette good? Better grip than el Camino?
  • AntounAntoun Member Posts: 401 ✭✭✭
    jczero said:
    Antoun said:
    DARKKi said:
    The Suzuki Swift Rally
    Corvette C4
    Ford Ranger
    Lotus Elise 1.6
    Much better grip, the C4 was C Class before the update...
  • jczerojczero Member Posts: 451 ✭✭✭
    Antoun said:
    jczero said:
    Antoun said:
    DARKKi said:
    The Suzuki Swift Rally
    Corvette C4
    Ford Ranger
    Lotus Elise 1.6
    Much better grip, the C4 was C Class before the update...
    I know, same thing as with ford wildtrak, but again they are least used in both C and D
  • DARKKiDARKKi Member Posts: 67
    Any of these worth keeping?
    • Audio Quattro
    • BMW 330d
    • Chevrolet Corvette C4
    • Nissan Primera eGT
    • Vauxhall Chevette HSR
    • Volvo C70 T5
    • BMW 325i
    • Mercedes-Benz 280 GE
    • Chevrolet Impala SS
    • Honda CRX VTEC
    • Rover 216
  • willcf15willcf15 Member Posts: 231 ✭✭✭
    DARKKi said:
    Any of these worth keeping?
    • Audio Quattro
    • BMW 330d
    • Chevrolet Corvette C4
    • Nissan Primera eGT
    • Vauxhall Chevette HSR
    • Volvo C70 T5
    • BMW 325i
    • Mercedes-Benz 280 GE
    • Chevrolet Impala SS
    • Honda CRX VTEC
    • Rover 216
    -The Audi Quattro is a good offroad straight liner, and also carries medium ride hight. Performance on-road is largely underwhelming
    -the 330d seems to underperform relative to its stats. Probably only useful on a diesel event or something
    -The corvette C4 is strong for the class, but since there are so many better straightliners down there, I think it struggles to find a niche
    -the Nissan Primera eGT is largely outclassed by the Chevette
    -I've gotten a lot of use out of the Chevette HSR. The only real advantage over the Elise 1.6 is city streets though
    -The 280 GE is a really solid offroader, and has pretty strong mid- to high-end acceleration. Even better now that it's high ride height

No experience with the rest though

• dunowedunowe Member Posts: 349 ✭✭✭
    • Audio Quattro
    • BMW 330d
    • Chevrolet Corvette C4 -> still wondering if this will be the best in some track?
    • Nissan Primera eGT
    • Vauxhall Chevette HSR -> very good, i think the best in city streets
    • Volvo C70 T5
    • BMW 325i
    • Mercedes-Benz 280 GE -> very good off roader (snow, wet dirt)
    • Chevrolet Impala SS ->
    • Honda CRX VTEC
    • Rover 216