Report a Bug

Anyone else apparently win a race but then have your rival declared a winner?

LarryDLegendLarryDLegend Member Posts: 180 ✭✭✭
i had that happen in a 51k race and then again in the 102k rematch

Answers

• FelixXxFelixXx Member Posts: 70
    I haven't had that happen, but that really sucks! I have had the game totally freeze at the end of a race, though. I think I got credit for the win and the winnings, though.
  • El_MutroEl_Mutro Member Posts: 207 ✭✭
    It has happened to me once or twice, but it was a close race, I just thought that squeaked it out. When it happened, the difference was either 0.1/0.2 m
    I did manage to tie someone today...we finished a race with the exact same time, but for some reason the other guy was awarded the win. The app crashed after that, so I don't know the exact results, but it showed the same time before the crash, anyway. I wonder if it will be possible in the full release to actually race to a tie.
  • StormyStormy Hutch Staff Posts: 70 Wrenchman
    That's pretty harsh Felix - It would be well worth making a bug ticket if you can or if it happens again. The track timer does go to more decimal places but are currently hidden so chances are you did loose but could not see the complete race times.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 0 Wrenchman
    Because this is a network game, and networks can have lag that's outside of our control, sometimes you will briefly lose the connection to your opponent. At this point the game has to estimate their track position based on their last known position, their speed, and other factors, and we can do that *fairly* accurately, assuming they don't make a big mistake. As soon as the connection is restored they are moved to the right place, but it's possible to end the race with a resumed connection that shows the opponent not quite in the right place. For close races that can mean that you see car A appearing to beat car B, but actually the true result (which is found by comparing each player's own finishing time) is the opposite.

There's no obvious way to get around this. I wonder if, when the opponent's position is being estimated due to network issues, your opponent should appear slightly differently, or be marked to indicate that he's in an estimated position. Thoughts welcome!
  • LarryDLegendLarryDLegend Member Posts: 180 ✭✭✭
    I cannot get the choose file to come up so I can post an image
    edited May 2016
    Had this happen this morning. You can clearly see I have a faster time, but still lost the race. Just like Larry, this will not allow me to upload the pic, but I had a time of 59.244 and the winner had a time of 59.245.

edited May 2016
    Just happened again. Says I won by .5 m and the times were me, 59.243 the winner 59.264. Clearly you can see I won by half a car length and it still said I lost. I was running on the train yard oval chicane
  • Hutch_DemorphicHutch_Demorphic Administrator, Hutch Staff Posts: 1,085 admin
    You should be able to upload files here now
    This happened to me last night. Faster time, but lost the race. Check it out...
    And it happened again! Hmmph!!

"It don't matter if you win by an inch or a mile. Winning's winning."
    THIS is really getting old........

Here we go AGAIN... it REALLY pisses me off when it happens in a million dollar race. I crossed the line ahead of him.... My time is better... Please explain how the hell I lost?
    I had about 5 instances of this happening over the weekend. I noticed that it occurs when the race is very close (obviously) and the Rival is closing the distance at the end of the race...usually within a few tenths of a meter of me.
    Is this going to get resolved with the next release??
    Have you seen this happening since the introduction of the Ruf's and Class B?
    Haven't had a close enough race yet
    I think this issue is resolved. Can't get much closer than that 
     Here's another as further proof this issue, I believe, has been resolved. One thing that has disappointed me is that neither one rematches. One would think with a race that close a rematch would be in order. At least in one of them, don't you think??
    Good that the issue seems to be fixed.
    Not sure about the rematching, it's obviously a much bigger and wider subject within the context of the game and how it needs to look once a lot more players are live.
    From a purely selfish perspective, I don't like how the rematching pulls players out of multiplayer at the moment. I would prefer to see more people searching for new head-to-head races.
    I had one that was even closer than those above last night. Forgot to grab the screen shot but it was 0.0 m and the arrow went from green to red as we crossed. I'm sure down below the three decimal point range he beat, me, but oh well
    I lied....here it is