General Discussion

For all the questions about keeping a car or fusing it. Put them here.

Comments

• AJTheCaveManAJTheCaveMan Member, Wrenchmen Posts: 1,305 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Quick question. Is this Cayman, or Boxster the better car? I always thought it was the Boxster, but I've read lately that the Cayman is an MRA "god"? I have trust issues, and want to know the truth from my web side pro's?Regards from the cave.

• Destroyer2k11999Destroyer2k11999 Member Posts: 1,083 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Anzatoro said:
    Anzatoro said: 

Guys which one is better for drags?

Anyone got any numbers for 1/4, 1/2, 1 mile?

D-Type has dogsh*t midrange. TVR has amazing midrange. Just run them both in the campaign to test. I think NY 5 has 1/4 mile and 1/2 mile. Monaco 10-1 is 1 mile
    I cannot test, D-type is 633 and TVR is 333, I need results for equally upgraded cars so I don't have to spend SR food which is limited for me.
    I need someone that already has that info or knows from experience which one wins in each drag distance.
    I just saw that tvr tuned 996 do 1/4 mile in 11.90
    D-type tuned 996 runs 12.10 in the 1/4mi.
  • sinnersinner Member Posts: 666 ✭✭✭✭
    TD01055 said:
    Just got that RQ26 911 GT2. How does it perform? Is it worth the food considering my other Porsche?
    Great ride at 969 or 996. 969 ( below) still beats a lot of the legendary porkers at 1.3 on drags.

And here it is at 699. This was the fastest tune for fast circuit and the twistys and still beats all other epic Porsches in drags 
  • milewski1015milewski1015 Member Posts: 1,516 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Quick question. Is this Cayman, or Boxster the better car? I always thought it was the Boxster, but I've read lately that the Cayman is an MRA "god"? I have trust issues, and want to know the truth from my web side pro's?Regards from the cave.

The Boxster definitely has above average midrange. A sleeper for the RQ for sure. Been beaten by it a few times unexpectedly. I have the yellow cayman. It’s gathered a lot of dust since I’ve got all my 911 RS’s and Martinis and whatnot
  • HeissRodHeissRod Member Posts: 3,129 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited December 2
    I've seen people using a 699 version of that GT2 with success as well.
  • UncleGaryUncleGary Member Posts: 139 ✭✭✭

The yellow Cayman has whiplash-inducing MRA, so 996 is possible, but If you are building it for the twisties, 699 is better than 969.
    I thought it was the green Cayman that had the awesome MRA?
    HeissRod said:
    This! Is why I'm confused.. I've heard all three were best! But most times in the past, I recall it being known that the orange RQ21 was the consensus best. But after reeading about the yellow Caymans "GOD MRA", I Wish i had that RQ21 Boxster to do stock  MRA drag testing and sort this out.

Anyone have a stock green Cayman, and Orange Boxster to run some quick drags against my stock yellow Cayman? 
  • NinjaDesignzNinjaDesignz Member Posts: 1,110 ✭✭✭✭✭
    HeissRod said:
    This! Is why I'm confused.. I've heard all three were best! But most times in the past, I recall it being known that the orange RQ21 was the consensus best. But after reeading about the yellow Caymans "GOD MRA", I Wish i had that RQ21 Boxster to do stock  MRA drag testing and sort this out.

Anyone have a stock green Cayman, and Orange Boxster to run some quick drags against my stock yellow Cayman? 
    The green cayman has the same mra as the red boxster expect its better because of lower weight and slightly higher speed 
    @NinjaDesignz; Do you know how the yellow Cayman stacks up against the two?
  • NinjaDesignzNinjaDesignz Member Posts: 1,110 ✭✭✭✭✭
    @NinjaDesignz; Do you know how the yellow Cayman stacks up against the two?
    It's better because higher rq
  • bobdylanbobdylan Member Posts: 2,807 ✭✭✭✭✭
    303 or 033
  • benhaha85benhaha85 Member Posts: 136 ✭✭✭
    Did my one 699, still seems to be the best tune for it.
  • ManUtdTobbeManUtdTobbe Member Posts: 749 ✭✭✭✭
    Both are good tunes, depends what you want it for, 303 wins slalom.
  • TD01055TD01055 Member Posts: 1,345 ✭✭✭✭✭
    HeissRod said:

Just pulled the RQ21 boxster, can run stock times - what you interested in @AJTheCaveMan?
  • KorbenDallasKorbenDallas Member Posts: 6
    Hello everyone, do you have any thoughts on this? And is it worth improving it? 
    Both decent drag artists  . 
    I have a z8 at 033 also as well as 330 ... because I'm special .... don't be special like me 🙈
  • KorbenDallasKorbenDallas Member Posts: 6
    bobdylan said:
    Both decent drag artists  . 
    I have a z8 at 033 also as well as 330 ... because I'm special .... don't be special like me 🙈

Thank you! Not d as you) ' ll improve 323
  • HvalenHvalen Member Posts: 106 ✭✭✭

996 or 969?
  • joel24joel24 Member Posts: 487 ✭✭✭
    edited December 4

Everyone is here saying...  my first bugatti!! My first pagani!! My first ktm!! And then here I am with my first gmc. Best tune? 969? Plz Reply Hvalen for  The C5 above  As Well.  
    969.  It maxes at 5.5/84, but it's low weight means it does extremely well against faster vehicles.
    I only have one and went 033 

Its uesless at everything 
  • OzzmanOzzman Member Posts: 372 ✭✭✭
    Hvalen said:

RQ21 Chevrolet Corvette C5
    996 or 969?
    It has an average/below average MRA, but quite good handling. The top speed is also good, so actually both tunes can be useful. I tuned mine 969 (182/4/89), have not regretted it yet (1 mile time: 32,16, testbowl top speed: 164).
  • TwinkieTwinkie Member Posts: 628 ✭✭✭✭

Just pulled another 12c... what to do with it?
  • joel24joel24 Member Posts: 487 ✭✭✭
    Twinkie said:

U can use it in an event where the requirement is 5x mclaren with an rq limit of 142. 
    Fuse it into one of the other McLarens
    HeissRod said:
    Fuse it into one of the other McLarens
    Im to weak to do this😖
    edited December 4
    joel24 said:
    Twinkie said:

U can use it in an event where the requirement is 5x mclaren with an rq limit of 142. 
    I could find a use of it in a 5x gb event without an rq limit... still one of my best 5
    But will there ever be such an event? Maybe a finals round... like the 90s one
  • O__VERO__VER Member Posts: 694 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Twinkie said:
    joel24 said:
    Twinkie said:

I could find a use of it in a 5x gb event without an rq limit... still one of my best 5
    It's 1RQ less than your P1 and 675, yet it's faster than the F1 GT. I think that two of them still fill a gap but you wouldn't want another haha.
    edited December 4
    O__VER said:
    Twinkie said:
    joel24 said:
    Twinkie said:

It's 1RQ less than your P1 and 675, yet it's faster than the F1 GT. I think that two of them still fill a gap but you wouldn't want another haha.
    Yeah... id even find more usage for a 3rd exige s lol i kinda have all my legendarys double... its weired tho
    Anyways ill keep it at first... maybe i can use it in some years