Report a Bug

Multiplayer Glitch - Lose with the best time?

KryptoanKryptoan Member Posts: 12
I watched replays of a couple of multiplayer races last night where I crossed the line first and indeed the timing screen showed I had a faster time - but gave my opponent the win - is there an explanation for this or is it a bug? See screenshots: 

Comments

• KryptoanKryptoan Member Posts: 12
    The only thing I can think of is that it's perhaps showing the run/time from the opponents first attempt and they've retried and they've actually gone quicker on the retry...?
  • Hutch_MattHutch_Matt Hutch Staff Posts: 264 admin
    There is a bug there I'm afraid.  It is something to do with the way the distance achieved on tracks are verified by the server.  We will be fixing it very soon!  Sorry for any inconvenience caused.
    Ahh no worries - I've had it happen in my favour a couple of times so it seems to balance out. Thanks for the update! 
    We think we have fixed this now.  Please let us know if you continue to experience the issue.
    I still noticed this issue this morning - although I haven't seen an app update come through for at least a few weeks (no updates in the App Store)? Unless you're updating the logic server-side?
    Yes this particularly fix would have been server side.  Hmm disappointing to hear it is still happening.  I'll ask the server team to take another look.  Thanks for getting back to me.
    edited February 6
    Hi Matt,
    Just an update on this - I'm still seeing the screen showing the incorrect winner occasionally - but when you move onto the next screen (i.e. The next race) the overall score corrects itself. Hope that helps?
    Very helpful thank you very much :)
  • itoll4theeitoll4thee Member Posts: 75
    As if March 25th, it is still occurring
  • cheetaspeedercheetaspeeder Member Posts: 197 ✭✭
    I think I might have found out the problem...on multiplayer, if you explode at the end, it might say the other person won - same thing happened to me, I won a lot until I exploded at the end...do you explode at the end when you lose?
    No...if it is a race that the other driver  has already set a time and I lose, they explode. If I set the time first and win, then I will.
    The in. says it may be due to running the track multiple times and the server is displaying the 1st time
    Thnx

What, I didnt know that, that never happens with me :o
    As of April 24th this is still occurring - and most annoyingly is that now we get coins for winning multiplayer races I don't seem to get the coins even though I technically won the race...? 
    @ Kryptoan ...you still get credit for the win.
    Keep a writing utensil nearby if you can't recall the count of W/L or coins.
    The coin thing is just a lil more disappointing when you've already got every car maxxed out yet they still keep giving them to you.
    I've also noticed when I'm watching replay of race that I set a time for & I hit "skip"
     It will always show my opponent winning, no matter the time or distance, but still credits me with the win....if I actually DID win.
    BTW, how are my taillights lookin' ??? Lol
    Pretty short lol
    cheetaspeeder
    That means I'm WAY  out in front of you...Lol
    Punch it
     :D