General Discussion

Events - What happened

daGmandaGman Member Posts: 650 ✭✭✭✭
I feel like events recently have started going downhill again. I want to separate this out from the weight bug issue as that’s a whole other topic that we already beat to death. 

With the exception of the desert gold event (and I’m sure another event someone will point out that I forgot), most of the events held over the past month or so haven’t really made me excited. I know every event can’t be handing out 1k+ gold or x5 ceramics but rewards have declined significantly (top 2 vs 8 getting prize cars, top 2 out of 300 getting a cf in this ford event). This on top of what feels like 3 day events happening all the time makes it boring. In the Fast forward event everyone settled into their spot on the first day and then we all just sat there for the next two days. I find this happens a lot to me. Last it feels like the majority of events are rainy or off-road. When can we bring out some of those all sunny tracksets and use the top cars we worked hard for. 

The only thing that has kept me playing this game lately is the teamwork with everyone in the forums. But not sure how much longer that will keep me going. 

Comments

• TGPDTGPD Member Posts: 1,215 ✭✭✭✭
    The prize cars are like trophies. You can't do anything practical with a trophy can you apart from showing it off can you?
    Can you eat cereal from a trophy?
  • benbqbenbq Member Posts: 487 ✭✭✭✭
    Well said @daGman.
  • daGmandaGman Member Posts: 650 ✭✭✭✭
    Also as a side note I really haven’t read through Robins event post till today. While some of those ideas may help change things up a bit, I think prizes, durations, and tracks are things that should be looked at as well.  
  • Goodhews89Goodhews89 Member Posts: 48 ✭✭✭
    I'm a fan of only the top 3 getting the trophy car and top 4-10 getting a non-trophy legendary. But, otherwise agree with you 100%

long events should be special and you certainly shouldn't follow up one long event with another. And now we are on our 3rd 3 day event in a row.
    I'm a fan of only the top 3 getting the trophy car and top 4-10 getting a non-trophy legendary. But, otherwise agree with you 100%

long events should be special and you certainly shouldn't follow up one long event with another. And now we are on our 3rd 3 day event in a row.
    Nice to see you on the forums!

And I think I’d be ok with the prize car if that’s how it was originally done, but i think it’s hard to make the shift now and risk alienating a lot of players who’ve been here for a while. Especially since the cars aren’t in packs I think 1.6% (8/500 players) of the player base should definitely be getting the car, if not maybe closer to 2-2.5% (10-15/500 of the players.

But to your point of non prize legendaries/high tier epics could ease the pain so to say. But they have to actually be good cars, not the SLS roadster that most the people who got it sold it afterwards. 
  • ZaphodZaphod Member Posts: 122 ✭✭✭
    Another note about the reward cars; From perspective of someone who gets solid top-25 results in events but has no chance at top-10 the reward cars in the Mercedes events were a major disappointment. Both events had the SLC43 as third tier reward (which in itself is stupid enough when other reward cars changed between events), but also that particular car is not that useful. It’s a fairly decent B-class, but the players around me have far better cars for dry asphalt (camaro and 12c for starters) so it does not contribute anything. What makes it more silly is that fourth tier prizes were G-wagons which are much more useful since many people don’t have offroaders capable of beating Trailblazers.

I’m not saying you should give S-class cars out to everyone, but there are more useful options. Could be a low-end A-classes, could be more useful B-classes (G-wagons or the 4Matic, for example).

In general, once you get to the level I’m at in the events there’s very little you can do to go forward. To get to top-10 you’d need to spend heaps of money, be really active throughout the event AND be very active when the event ends (which could be a very inappropriate time) so that you don’t get bumped out, and if you don’t want to go there you’ll just spend three days hanging around the twenties or thirties. There’s nothing to gain by racing, so you just wait for the event to end so that you get your B-class fuse food and the carbon pack. 
  • aleale Member Posts: 52 ✭✭
    I said a couple of weeks ago, the events are far too long but people disagreed and according to Hutch people like them, this Mercedes thing is going beyond ridiculous imo.
    I haven’t got a huge garage but it’s pretty varied, I always start off well but the longer an event drags on the more it favours P2W players as they can just buy their way to the top eventually. 
    The rewards don’t really bother me to much but with all the variations of events we could have compared to what we get isn’t great. 
    sono completamente daccordo con te!
    Gli eventi di 3 giorni sono lunghi e diventano noiosi.
    The top people buy tickets like crazy (Ahem Fairgame Coçk) and pull out a crazy point gap of more than 400-500 points in the first hour.
    Limit number of tickets that we can buy and make the replenishment faster on the tickets
  • MettitiMettiti Member Posts: 1,556 ✭✭✭✭✭
    TGPD said:
    The top people buy tickets like crazy (Ahem Fairgame Coçk) and pull out a crazy point gap of more than 400-500 points in the first hour.
    Limit number of tickets that we can buy and make the replenishment faster on the tickets

Are you saying hutch should limit the amount of gold ppl can buy ..  gold which is bought for money ?... So you're saying hutch should limit the money theu can receive ?

Yeah this will definitely happen
    Mettiti said:
    TGPD said:

Are you saying hutch should limit the amount of gold ppl can buy ..  gold which is bought for money ?... So you're saying hutch should limit the money theu can receive ?

Yeah this will definitely happen
    yeah dude you're right let's forget it
  • BugattiBugatti Member Posts: 1,578 ✭✭✭✭✭
    TGPD said:
    Or even 1000 points like I've done before in first hour lol
  • BugattiBugatti Member Posts: 1,578 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Yeah I seriously doubt they would ever want to lose all the gold spent on tickets
    Gold really isn’t an issue. If a person has a better hand than you they’ll end up above you even if it’s like the lead bugatti had. Gold comes in handy at the very end of an event for most people and it’s only buying another set or two of tickets, which is something most people have saved from events and challenges and the like. 
    daGman said:
    Gold really isn’t an issue. If a person has a better hand than you they’ll end up above you even if it’s like the lead bugatti had. Gold comes in handy at the very end of an event for most people and it’s only buying another set or two of tickets, which is something most people have saved from events and challenges and the like. 
    It's still possible that person on second will keep buying tickets and beating the players on 3th - 5th places enough to work their way past however big lead the person on first has if the leader is not actively defending.
    Zaphod said:
    daGman said:
    It's still possible that person on second will keep buying tickets and beating the players on 3th - 5th places enough to work their way past however big lead the person on first has if the leader is not actively defending.
    But then it’s the persons fault for not actively defending. And most events with prizes that warrant that type of spending normally have tier 1 as 2-3 people. 
  • bobdylanbobdylan Member Posts: 1,079 ✭✭✭✭
    Even shorter events !!!! A pop up 6 hr event with random start time ... Some times falls handy for one time zone sometimes the other. 
    Then maybe repeat the same pop event in the same week 
    daGman said:
    But then it’s the persons fault for not actively defending. And most events with prizes that warrant that type of spending normally have tier 1 as 2-3 people. 
    The point still stands; If you are first and I'm second AND you have a better hand than I do I can still beat you if I throw enough money at the event (assuming others are weaker than either of us).
  • ATSR_997ATSR_997 Member Posts: 152 ✭✭✭
    Bugatti said:
    Yeah I seriously doubt they would ever want to lose all the gold spent on tickets
    And all the real money that people spend on the packs during the event 
    Zaphod said:
    daGman said:
    The point still stands; If you are first and I'm second AND you have a better hand than I do I can still beat you if I throw enough money at the event (assuming others are weaker than either of us).
    But tbh if someone throws money at the game to win then oh well they can win as they spend money. But getting second when that still puts you in tier one isn’t an issue.
    I don’t want to get into nitty gritty p2w or f2p as that’s a whole other issue. 
  • willcf15willcf15 Member Posts: 217 ✭✭✭
    bobdylan said:
    Even shorter events !!!! A pop up 6 hr event with random start time ... Some times falls handy for one time zone sometimes the other. 
    Then maybe repeat the same pop event in the same week 
    I do think a short event every once in a while (like a couple times per month) that was maybe 12-18 hours but had pretty good prizes and oddball requirements would be fun. 12-18 hours instead of 6 because that way everyone at least has a chance to see it, instead of punishing people for sleeping.

Problem is that the people that couldn't enter for whatever reason would definitely be salty. I also think a sizable chunk of Hutch's income is from the people that start out moderately strong, but not great, and then pay enough to finish 1st or 2nd tier, but as long as this event style is the exception and not the new norm, they'd still do alright
  • Huskic69Huskic69 Member Posts: 203 ✭✭✭
    whats the point of making events 3 days long ffs
  • ZotZeZotZe Member Posts: 404 ✭✭✭
    Huskic69 said:
    Money Money and ... Money.
    ZotZe said:
    Huskic69 said:
    Money Money and ... Money.
    Just sneaked this quote out of Hutch's office...
    "There are two things important in life
    1. Money
    and
    2. Money"