General Discussion

Events - What happened

Comments

• Goodhews89Goodhews89 Member Posts: 249 ✭✭✭
    Yes I agree! They need to utilize more non-S prize cars and do more events like that! 

When those events happened I was just getting started and wasn't able to get the gt90, but they were quite fun.
  • daGmandaGman Member Posts: 934 ✭✭✭✭✭
    If the net point gain scoring system (earn more for wins vs losses) is implemented there will need to be some gating in ticket purchases. I’ve suggested having ticket refreshes increase by 100 gold each successive purchase within a cooldown window. That doesn’t stop people buying tickets but it does make it progressively more costly if someone wants to spam. For example the cooldown may be 6 hours, you first purchase is 100 then 200 then 300, then wait for cooldown period to expire and back to 100 gold. If refreshes are always 100 and points are worth more than losses it would be much easier for poeple to buy unassailable leads.
    I would agree that it might need to be looked at if that’s the case but it’s a fine line to walk with out alienating the p2w people. I by no means consider myself one of those and rarely buy event tickets but I feel that that if someone does want to blow a lot of gold (keep in mind they most likely will have to use some to use the are again too) to pay their way to the top then they should. That’s what happens in these types of games.
  • TomTurboTomTurbo Member Posts: 979 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited February 10
    Yes I agree! They need to utilize more non-S prize cars and do more events like that! 

When those events happened I was just getting started and wasn't able to get the gt90, but they were quite fun.
    Agreed aswell, they been running these events constantly in the past, I think every week. They were giving out prizes like Renault R5 Maxi Turbo, BMW M3 GTS, Ford RS200, Mercedes G63 (when it was still A class) multiple times. I'd reall like to see that again.
    Ya could be something nice to throw in during the off weeks from manufacturer events. 
  • BugattiBugatti Member Posts: 3,473 ✭✭✭✭✭
    If the net point gain scoring system (earn more for wins vs losses) is implemented there will need to be some gating in ticket purchases. I’ve suggested having ticket refreshes increase by 100 gold each successive purchase within a cooldown window. That doesn’t stop people buying tickets but it does make it progressively more costly if someone wants to spam. For example the cooldown may be 6 hours, you first purchase is 100 then 200 then 300, then wait for cooldown period to expire and back to 100 gold. If refreshes are always 100 and points are worth more than losses it would be much easier for poeple to buy unassailable leads.
    This sounds like limited pay to play, lol heck no! I go full bugatti or nothing! It's gonna cost me even more to help forum people! Hahaha wow, If they ever do this, i guess kiss teamwork goodbye, there definitely wont be no dropping down to bump friends up anymore. It costs an arm an a leg right now to help your friends on here, this last event i spent through 13,000 gold helping others, if this is ever implemented, There is no way i would want to do that anymore lol
  • HuacanachaHuacanacha Member Posts: 2,139 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Maybe the increase in my example was too much. But the new scoring system needs to be balanced when they introduce it. Without additional changes it will make the game more P2W which would turn off many P2W players, myself included. The increase is not to prevent ticket spamming but to make an escalating cost, as the new scoring system should have a net increase in points so poeple could seriously pull away. If the delta between win/loss points is very small maybe it’s not needed but if it’s a little larger my suggestion or something else should be introduced for balancing purposes.
    Would be a shame if Hutch actually responded to this
  • ZotZeZotZe Member Posts: 828 ✭✭✭✭
    daGman said:
    Would be a shame if Hutch actually responded to this
    They did... only dailys in event queue ;-)
  • Huskic69Huskic69 Member Posts: 1,654 ✭✭✭✭✭
    ZotZe said:
    Huskic69 said:
    whats the point of making events 3 days long ffs
    Money Money and ... Money.
    im just waiting for the point of time when people will understand that money isnt everything lol
  • mauro07mauro07 Member Posts: 1,582 ✭✭✭✭
    Today the Daily event will during 2 days :O
    mauro07 said:
    Today the Daily event will during 2 days :O
    No, 1 and a half or quarter day, im too sleepy i cant calculate now xdd
    Huskic69 said:
    ZotZe said:
    Huskic69 said:
    im just waiting for the point of time when people will understand that money isnt everything lol
    It’s a business... money is everything to them...
  • ThephenomsprintThephenomsprint Member Posts: 467 ✭✭✭
    Teamwork makes this game fun 
    edited February 11
    grimdog said:
    Bugatti said:
    This sounds like limited pay to play, lol heck no! I go full bugatti or nothing! It's gonna cost me even more to help forum people! Hahaha wow, If they ever do this, i guess kiss teamwork goodbye, there definitely wont be no dropping down to bump friends up anymore. It costs an arm an a leg right now to help your friends on here, this last event i spent through 13,000 gold helping others, if this is ever implemented, There is no way i would want to do that anymore lol
    Good, then it should be implemented, becouse under any circumstances you should not do it .... unbelievable now u will need to deal with mafia in this game... teamwork? Get off this game, it's obviously too much for you... 
    It makes sense that your name is not in the name list here at the forums.  :D

And this also fits you as well lol!

When you have more disagrees then anything else at a forum, maybe you don't belong  :D
    It sure does! 
    edited February 11
    grimdog said:
    it's not a team work, there are no teams in this game, it's an individual competition. This is bashing weaker players by those who got bored by the game, those like bugatti, who have so many cars that they have lost motivation to compete for themselfs so they are just bashing weaker players by pretending that they are helping someone... This brakes the game even more than the bugs we have - now it is not enough to have a garage that is better than you competitor - you need to be better that all of his minions, you are now not competing against someone, you are competing against an organized group of cheaters   
    I spent over 11,000 gold helping others last major event, that sure does cost a bit just to pretend don't you think ? Hahaha, you a funny *****  :D
    Post edited by Gsearch on
  • DomesticMDomesticM Member Posts: 376 ✭✭✭
    TGPD said:
    ZotZe said:
    Huskic69 said:
    Just sneaked this quote out of Hutch's office...
    "There are two things important in life
    1. Money
    and
    2. Money"
    Well, yeah, of course it does. A new FREE game like this relies on people like us spending money so they can develop and improve it. 
  • ZotZeZotZe Member Posts: 828 ✭✭✭✭
    Bugatti said:
    grimdog said:
    Bugatti said:
    Good, then it should be implemented, becouse under any circumstances you should not do it .... unbelievable now u will need to deal with mafia in this game... teamwork? Get off this game, it's obviously too much for you... 
    It makes sense that your name is not in the name list here at the forums.  :D

And this also fits you as well lol!

When you have more disagrees then anything else at a forum, maybe you don't belong  :D
    Seems he is working on the disagree badget with this comments... go go go Mr Grim 

• LittleEnosBurdetteLittleEnosBurdette Member Posts: 1,793 ✭✭✭✭✭
    I help anybody on the forum out if it doesn’t affect where I finish or the pack/prize I get, any other circumstances and they are fair game for me. If others want to help them more that’s entirely up to them. 
  • LittleEnosBurdetteLittleEnosBurdette Member Posts: 1,793 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Soooo..... What’s happening with Hutch now then? It’s coming up for mid-term school holidays in the UK, are they away early? Worst wknd ever for events imo and nothing on the horizon either. 
  • TGPDTGPD Member Posts: 4,393 ✭✭✭✭✭
    DomesticM said:
    TGPD said:
    ZotZe said:
    Huskic69 said:
    1. Money
    and
    2. Money"
    Well, yeah, of course it does. A new FREE game like this relies on people like us spending money so they can develop and improve it. 
    With the money I've spent on this game, I'd be able to spend that on a brand-new Xbox 1 X, with NFS payback deluxe, Forza Horizon 3, Forza Motorsport 7 deluxe and GT sport installed with some money to spare on DLC's.
    TGPD said:
    DomesticM said:
    TGPD said:
    ZotZe said:
    Huskic69 said:
    1. Money
    and
    2. Money"
    With the money I've spent on this game, I'd be able to spend that on a brand-new Xbox 1 X, with NFS payback deluxe, Forza Horizon 3, Forza Motorsport 7 deluxe and GT sport installed with some money to spare on DLC's.
    or get an used car here lol
  • grandvachegrandvache Member Posts: 1,440 ✭✭✭✭✭
    grimdog said:
    it's not a team work, there are no teams in this game, it's an individual competition. This is bashing weaker players by those who got bored by the game, those like bugatti, who have so many cars that they have lost motivation to compete for themselfs so they are just bashing weaker players by pretending that they are helping someone... This brakes the game even more than the bugs we have - now it is not enough to have a garage that is better than you competitor - you need to be better that all of his minions, you are now not competing against someone, you are competing against an organized group of cheaters   
    What do you call a group of people working together to achieve a common goal if not a team?
  • TGPDTGPD Member Posts: 4,393 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Huskic69 said:
    TGPD said:
    DomesticM said:
    TGPD said:
    ZotZe said:
    Huskic69 said:
    1. Money
    and
    2. Money"
    or get an used car here lol
    I could buy, with that money, an E36 M3 in mint condition right here, right now.
    Unfortunately I spent all that on this game :'(
    I stand corrected, you were on the list but have been removed i guess? 

In no way am i related to him....