General Discussion

Events - What happened

124

Comments

  • Hutch_TimHutch_Tim Administrator, Hutch Staff Posts: 234 admin
    mikes said:
    Hey @Hutch_Tim, I have a question I always wondered about mobile games, and I’m not sure if you’re able/want to answer it. But the three ads we watch 3-4 times a day for gold. does that overall revenue add up? Or is it just peanuts? Hopefully it helps. 
    Interesting question! I can't get too specific, but revenue from ads is a lot more significant on some of our other titles (especially MMX Hill Dash) than on Top Drives. It's a great way for non-spenders to contribute though. It's an open question for us if there's some other ways we could implement rewarded ads in Top Drives that would work better.
  • mikesmikes Member Posts: 2,050 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Maybe watch an ad for an extra ticket? 1 per event, refreshes every 8 hours. 
  • TGPDTGPD Member Posts: 3,346 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited February 12
    mikes said:
    Maybe watch an ad for an extra ticket? 1 per event, refreshes every 8 hours. 
    Ticket replenishment is a pain in the ***. Resolve that soon, we would rather watch ads!
    Post edited by Gsearch on
  • ElainaElaina Member Posts: 56 ✭✭
    "grimdog said:
    it's not a team work, there are no teams in this game, it's an individual competition. This is bashing weaker players by those who got bored by the game, those like bugatti, who have so many cars that they have lost motivation to compete for themselfs so they are just bashing weaker players by pretending that they are helping someone... This brakes the game even more than the bugs we have - now it is not enough to have a garage that is better than you competitor - you need to be better that all of his minions, you are now not competing against someone, you are competing against an organized group of cheaters "

    I have been away from the forum for about 4 months and just reading through a few post and this particular one caught my eyes.
     
    So, I have to agree with him (grimdog). A group that's put together for the purpose to conspire against in such way as to foil or defeat someone without their knowledge destroy the integrity of the game. More so, it reflects deeply in your character -- the person who you really are away from the game. Come on gentlemen, you all know that this an individual competition so if you can't compete with someone in the top 8 then it is obvious that you don't belong there now. But really, getting your friends to beat another player or players so that you can keep your position in the top 8 is so pubescent.
  • ElainaElaina Member Posts: 56 ✭✭
    I agree with you Bugatti. Winning as a team is a great feeling but winning as a team to beat a couple of people that are unknowingly being attacked is not something that you or anyone here should feel good about. When a team plays against another team than its called FAIR competition. But there's a word for when a team beats up on 1 or two players....that word is "bully".
  • BugattiBugatti Member Posts: 2,677 ✭✭✭✭✭
    There are two different forums,
    This one here that does teamwork, and the ingame forum that are all for themselves and there emojis..
    You are barking up the wrong forum tree here, your opinion would probably be accepted more at the ingame forum, but 90% of our forum people here stick together and work together, there are no rules that says we can't be a team here, so who the heck are you to start laying down the proper way to play this game? 
  • BugattiBugatti Member Posts: 2,677 ✭✭✭✭✭
    And by the way, this last Mercedes event, i didn't just take on a couple players, i took on the whole ladder of people and distributed the losses evenly between them all. 
  • BugattiBugatti Member Posts: 2,677 ✭✭✭✭✭


    See those 350 races? I love to race here and i love to help my forum friends. Until i die or get banned from this forum or game, i will always help my forum family here. And i pay a pretty penny to do so sometimes. 

    Clubs are gonna be the same as a group like we have here. I am 100% sure you are gonna be against those as well. 
  • TGPDTGPD Member Posts: 3,346 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Elaina said:
    "grimdog said:
    it's not a team work, there are no teams in this game, it's an individual competition. This is bashing weaker players by those who got bored by the game, those like bugatti, who have so many cars that they have lost motivation to compete for themselfs so they are just bashing weaker players by pretending that they are helping someone... This brakes the game even more than the bugs we have - now it is not enough to have a garage that is better than you competitor - you need to be better that all of his minions, you are now not competing against someone, you are competing against an organized group of cheaters "

    I have been away from the forum for about 4 months and just reading through a few post and this particular one caught my eyes.
     
    So, I have to agree with him (grimdog). A group that's put together for the purpose to conspire against in such way as to foil or defeat someone without their knowledge destroy the integrity of the game. More so, it reflects deeply in your character -- the person who you really are away from the game. Come on gentlemen, you all know that this an individual competition so if you can't compete with someone in the top 8 then it is obvious that you don't belong there now. But really, getting your friends to beat another player or players so that you can keep your position in the top 8 is so pubescent.
    So you're suggesting that we forumers all see each other as enemies, and fight for our own will? This really reflects deeply YOUR character, as I can see you are cold-blooded and you couldn't care less about teamwork, like when a child is abused at school and rejected by all his classmates for a group work assessment... I know because I have been in this kind of situation. It's really sad to have 100% credit to yourself, but really nobody to share that feat with. It always feels better to have 1 friend than none. You're pushing yourselves, in this very forum, to the latter. My group has very few people that are forumers, so I'd have to work it all out myself. Recently I've been put into the same lobby as RobGripes, and I cherish him as a lobby-mate, even though we all got crappy prizes at the end of the Ford event (X-Trail 2002). It isn't fair for a person who has been away for 4 months to suddenly stand up to suggest such a thing without actually looking, in detail, at threads posted in the last 4 months, how people, especially Bugatti has committed his game time, helping others and somehow, dropped behind. It is a generous behaviour, and people will remember him for his actions, whether kind or not. There is a better sense of accomplishment in finishing 3rd, 4th, 5th and 6th in an event with all your mates, fighting hard, than finishing 1st in an event, all by yourself, lonely and forgotten. All attention you could potentially get from the latter situation is you can brag on the forums, but really, nobody actually cares.
    Read through these threads CAREFULLY, then think thoroughly about this.
    http://forums.hutchgames.com/discussion/4248/mercedes-event-2nd-chance-showdown
    http://forums.hutchgames.com/discussion/4215/mercedes-finals-event-thread
    Observe the teamwork.
  • TGPDTGPD Member Posts: 3,346 ✭✭✭✭✭
    There no point posting @Elaina
    You're just gathering disagrees.
  • TGPDTGPD Member Posts: 3,346 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Elaina said:
    I agree with you Bugatti. Winning as a team is a great feeling but winning as a team to beat a couple of people that are unknowingly being attacked is not something that you or anyone here should feel good about. When a team plays against another team than its called FAIR competition. But there's a word for when a team beats up on 1 or two players....that word is "bully".
    Can I make a guess?
    How many friends did you have as a kid?
  • BugattiBugatti Member Posts: 2,677 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Did i win a event only vehicle from either of the last two events? The answer is simply nope... 
    Could i have on my own ? Maybe if i spammed my gold and tickets for myself keeping me a head of the group on my own, but i am not selfish, I would rather see my buddies here up with me and concentrate my gold for that purpose. Ain't nobody ever gonna tell me how to play this game and spend my gold that i pay for out of my pocket  ;)
  • BugattiBugatti Member Posts: 2,677 ✭✭✭✭✭
    And guess what?
    Spend thousands on the game and come combat me if this bothers you moaners so much. My in game name is Chris Smith, come at me and my garage anytime you feel the need, i am up for some 1 on 1 action as it seems that is what you truly want.  :D :p
  • TGPDTGPD Member Posts: 3,346 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Bugatti said:
    And guess what?
    Spend thousands on the game and come combat me if this bothers you moaners so much. My in game name is Chris Smith, come at me and my garage anytime you feel the need, i am up for some 1 on 1 action as it seems that is what you truly want.  :D :p
    STOP USING THOSE DAMN EMOJIS
    :p :p :p :p :p :p :p :p :p :p :p :p :p :p :p :p :p :p :p :p :p :p :p :p :p :p :p :p :p :p :p :p :p :p :p :p :p :p :p :p :p :p :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D
    I vote myself the most influential person of the day :D
  • BugattiBugatti Member Posts: 2,677 ✭✭✭✭✭
    TGPD said:
    Bugatti said:
    And guess what?
    Spend thousands on the game and come combat me if this bothers you moaners so much. My in game name is Chris Smith, come at me and my garage anytime you feel the need, i am up for some 1 on 1 action as it seems that is what you truly want.  :D :p
    STOP USING THOSE DAMN EMOJIS
    :p :p :p :p :p :p :p :p :p :p :p :p :p :p :p :p :p :p :p :p :p :p :p :p :p :p :p :p :p :p :p :p :p :p :p :p :p :p :p :p :p :p :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D
    I vote myself the most influential person of the day :D
    :kissing_heart:
  • TGPDTGPD Member Posts: 3,346 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Bugatti said:
    TGPD said:
    Bugatti said:
    And guess what?
    Spend thousands on the game and come combat me if this bothers you moaners so much. My in game name is Chris Smith, come at me and my garage anytime you feel the need, i am up for some 1 on 1 action as it seems that is what you truly want.  :D :p
    STOP USING THOSE DAMN EMOJIS
    :p :p :p :p :p :p :p :p :p :p :p :p :p :p :p :p :p :p :p :p :p :p :p :p :p :p :p :p :p :p :p :p :p :p :p :p :p :p :p :p :p :p :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D
    I vote myself the most influential person of the day :D
    :kissing_heart:
    :kissing_heart: :kissing_heart: :kissing_heart: :kissing_heart: :kissing_heart: :kissing_heart: :kissing_heart: :kissing_heart: :kissing_heart: :kissing_heart: :kissing_heart: :kissing_heart: :kissing_heart: :kissing_heart: :kissing_heart: :kissing_heart: :kissing_heart: :kissing_heart: :kissing_heart: :kissing_heart: :kissing_heart: :kissing_heart: :kissing_heart: :kissing_heart: :kissing_heart: :kissing_heart: :kissing_heart: :kissing_heart: :kissing_heart: :kissing_heart: :kissing_heart: :kissing_heart: :kissing_heart: :kissing_heart: :kissing_heart: :kissing_heart: :kissing_heart: :kissing_heart: :kissing_heart: :kissing_heart: :kissing_heart: :kissing_heart: :kissing_heart: :kissing_heart: :kissing_heart: :kissing_heart: :kissing_heart: :kissing_heart: :kissing_heart: :kissing_heart: :kissing_heart: :kissing_heart: :kissing_heart: :kissing_heart: :kissing_heart: :kissing_heart: :kissing_heart: :kissing_heart: :kissing_heart: :kissing_heart: :kissing_heart: :kissing_heart: :kissing_heart: :kissing_heart: :kissing_heart: :kissing_heart: :kissing_heart: :kissing_heart: :kissing_heart: :kissing_heart: :kissing_heart: :kissing_heart: :kissing_heart: :kissing_heart: :kissing_heart: :kissing_heart: :kissing_heart: :kissing_heart: :kissing_heart: :kissing_heart: :kissing_heart: :kissing_heart: :kissing_heart: :kissing_heart: :kissing_heart: :kissing_heart: :kissing_heart: :kissing_heart: :p :p :p :p :p :p :p :p :p :p :p :p :p :p :p :p :p :p :p :p :p :p :p :p :p :p :p :p :p :p :p :p :p :p :p :p :p :p :p :p :p :p :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D
  • BugattiBugatti Member Posts: 2,677 ✭✭✭✭✭
    TGPD said:
    Bugatti said:
    TGPD said:
    Bugatti said:
    And guess what?
    Spend thousands on the game and come combat me if this bothers you moaners so much. My in game name is Chris Smith, come at me and my garage anytime you feel the need, i am up for some 1 on 1 action as it seems that is what you truly want.  :D :p
    STOP USING THOSE DAMN EMOJIS
    :p :p :p :p :p :p :p :p :p :p :p :p :p :p :p :p :p :p :p :p :p :p :p :p :p :p :p :p :p :p :p :p :p :p :p :p :p :p :p :p :p :p :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D
    I vote myself the most influential person of the day :D
    :kissing_heart:
    :kissing_heart: :kissing_heart: :kissing_heart: :kissing_heart: :kissing_heart: :kissing_heart: :kissing_heart: :kissing_heart: :kissing_heart: :kissing_heart: :kissing_heart: :kissing_heart: :kissing_heart: :kissing_heart: :kissing_heart: :kissing_heart: :kissing_heart: :kissing_heart: :kissing_heart: :kissing_heart: :kissing_heart: :kissing_heart: :kissing_heart: :kissing_heart: :kissing_heart: :kissing_heart: :kissing_heart: :kissing_heart: :kissing_heart: :kissing_heart: :kissing_heart: :kissing_heart: :kissing_heart: :kissing_heart: :kissing_heart: :kissing_heart: :kissing_heart: :kissing_heart: :kissing_heart: :kissing_heart: :kissing_heart: :kissing_heart: :kissing_heart: :kissing_heart: :kissing_heart: :kissing_heart: :kissing_heart: :kissing_heart: :kissing_heart: :kissing_heart: :kissing_heart: :kissing_heart: :kissing_heart: :kissing_heart: :kissing_heart: :kissing_heart: :kissing_heart: :kissing_heart: :kissing_heart: :kissing_heart: :kissing_heart: :kissing_heart: :kissing_heart: :kissing_heart: :kissing_heart: :kissing_heart: :kissing_heart: :kissing_heart: :kissing_heart: :kissing_heart: :kissing_heart: :kissing_heart: :kissing_heart: :kissing_heart: :kissing_heart: :kissing_heart: :kissing_heart: :kissing_heart: :kissing_heart: :kissing_heart: :kissing_heart: :kissing_heart: :kissing_heart: :kissing_heart: :kissing_heart: :kissing_heart: :kissing_heart: :kissing_heart: :p :p :p :p :p :p :p :p :p :p :p :p :p :p :p :p :p :p :p :p :p :p :p :p :p :p :p :p :p :p :p :p :p :p :p :p :p :p :p :p :p :p :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D
    Oh my god, I think my eyes hurt now. This is what you get for replies on the other forum. Thank god this forum is not like that, sure i might use the most emojis here, but nothing even close to the other forum lol They speak emojis there instead of sentences. And i have not figured out the emoji language yet, so i don't hang out there alot.
  • ElainaElaina Member Posts: 56 ✭✭
    edited February 12
    You're right :-)  there's no use for me post here.  If oneself can't see that teaming up to push an unsuspected person to the back of the line so that "your forum family" can benefit is wrong then there's nothing that anyone can say that will change your mind and who you are. 

    Most of you find it too unnerving to say what's really on your mind because you want to fit in. I am a mother of three teenagers so I get that part. However, feeling accepted should never over-shadow the feeling of what is right or wrong. With that said gentlemen, no hard feelings, and I am sure that this won't be our last debate.   
  • ElainaElaina Member Posts: 56 ✭✭
    Oh yea, I also noticed that people love emojis  :) :) :) <3 <3 B) B) B)
  • TGPDTGPD Member Posts: 3,346 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Elaina said:
    You're right :-)  there's no use for me post here.  If oneself can't see that teaming up to push an unsuspected person to the back of the line so that "your forum family" can benefit is wrong then there's nothing that anyone can say that will change your mind and who you are. 

    Most of you find it too unnerving to say what's really on your mind because you want to fit in. I am a mother of three teenagers so I get that part. However, feeling accepted should never over-shadow the feeling of what is right or wrong. With that said gentlemen, no hard feelings, and I am sure that this won't be our last debate.   
    I immediately pressed that "disagree" button :p :p :p :p :p :p :p :p :p :p :p :p :p :p :p :p :p :p :p :p :p :p :p :p :p :p :p :p :p :p :p :p :p :p :p :p :p :p :p :p :p :p :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D
  • BugattiBugatti Member Posts: 2,677 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited February 12
    Elaina said:
    You're right :-)  there's no use for me post here.  If oneself can't see that teaming up to push an unsuspected person to the back of the line so that "your forum family" can benefit is wrong then there's nothing that anyone can say that will change your mind and who you are. 

    Most of you find it too unnerving to say what's really on your mind because you want to fit in. I am a mother of three teenagers so I get that part. However, feeling accepted should never over-shadow the feeling of what is right or wrong. With that said gentlemen, no hard feelings, and I am sure that this won't be our last debate.   
    I am a father of twin boys 19 years old and my daughter 11 years old, They are very respected, very respectful, and they are very good at teamwork involving all activities in life.


  • BugattiBugatti Member Posts: 2,677 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Elaina said:
    You're right :-)  there's no use for me post here.  If oneself can't see that teaming up to push an unsuspected person to the back of the line so that "your forum family" can benefit is wrong then there's nothing that anyone can say that will change your mind and who you are. 

    Most of you find it too unnerving to say what's really on your mind because you want to fit in. I am a mother of three teenagers so I get that part. However, feeling accepted should never over-shadow the feeling of what is right or wrong. With that said gentlemen, no hard feelings, and I am sure that this won't be our last debate.   

    This has the first time anyone has claimed that people on the internet are scared to say what is on their mind.....

    The alternative to working together would be randomly beating our friends or at the very least people we know. And why would anyone do that? I always target the topdrives##### people first because I have zero idea who they are.

    Yes it probably does suck for those outside the loop, but that's just the game. And not just this game, nearly every mmo works like that in some way, shape or form.

    And Hutch must like the idea of team work, they plan to introduce car clubs at some point. And I don't know about you, but I'm always going to beat some random strange over a member of my club.
    Well said bro!
  • TGPDTGPD Member Posts: 3,346 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Bugatti said:
    Elaina said:
    You're right :-)  there's no use for me post here.  If oneself can't see that teaming up to push an unsuspected person to the back of the line so that "your forum family" can benefit is wrong then there's nothing that anyone can say that will change your mind and who you are. 

    Most of you find it too unnerving to say what's really on your mind because you want to fit in. I am a mother of three teenagers so I get that part. However, feeling accepted should never over-shadow the feeling of what is right or wrong. With that said gentlemen, no hard feelings, and I am sure that this won't be our last debate.   
    I am a father of twin boys 19 years old and my daughter 11 years old, They are very respected, very respectful, and they are very good at teamwork involving all activities in life.


    They must be living in poverty ;)
    jk
  • ZaphodZaphod Member Posts: 154 ✭✭✭
    Hutch_Tim said:
    mikes said:
    Hey @Hutch_Tim, I have a question I always wondered about mobile games, and I’m not sure if you’re able/want to answer it. But the three ads we watch 3-4 times a day for gold. does that overall revenue add up? Or is it just peanuts? Hopefully it helps. 
    Interesting question! I can't get too specific, but revenue from ads is a lot more significant on some of our other titles (especially MMX Hill Dash) than on Top Drives. It's a great way for non-spenders to contribute though. It's an open question for us if there's some other ways we could implement rewarded ads in Top Drives that would work better.
    To give you a bit more idea, in a game I'm working on we are making a low five-figure sum daily through ads. In terms of total revenue it's not that significant amount, but I still would not call it 'peanuts'
  • Hutch_RobinHutch_Robin Hutch Staff Posts: 345 Wrenchman
    edited February 12
    Events will resume as planned at 1pm. There will be another similar maintenance period soon, most likely later this week. Events are likely going to be shorter until we have the next maintenance period, to prevent interruption of events.
  • lemmings99olemmings99o Member Posts: 374 ✭✭✭
    BORED BORED BORED lol
  • TGPDTGPD Member Posts: 3,346 ✭✭✭✭✭
    BORED BORED BORED lol
    same same same lol
Sign In or Register to comment.