General Discussion

Cadillac Escalade EXT versus ESV

dunowedunowe Member Posts: 213 ✭✭✭
I just pulled a Cadillac Escalade EXT, is there any difference with the ESV?
The ESV had become the hill climb king at C class.
The EXT is lighter, so with the weight bug fixed, it should even be a fraction better?
Anybody has both of them?

Comments

• loxodromicloxodromic Member Posts: 56 ✭✭
    I have both of them, ext has 5 seats and ESV has 8 seats........ so you won't be able use esv for family offroad events. 
  • DonblessDonbless Member Posts: 19
    edited February 12
    Hi Dunowe, I have both of those vehicles but, to be honest, I wouldn't waste my resource upgrading them as the Trailblazer SS is better in almost every aspect. If you don't have the Trailblazer SS then wait on it -- save your precious resource.
  • 43MK443MK4 Member Posts: 184 ✭✭✭
    Is there any races where ext or exv are best among the all tier C cars?
  • dunowedunowe Member Posts: 213 ✭✭✭
    I remember a event where they were better at hill climb (i think all variations), so that would be the reason i upgrade one, but i dont want to upgrade a EXT only to see that a ESV is better, because indeed it is a very marginal car.
    Could it be better than the TB at the motocross track as well?

@Huacanacha: any insights?
  • HuacanachaHuacanacha Member, Wrenchmen, Senior Wrenchmen Posts: 1,726 ✭✭✭✭✭
    The Hummer SUT vs SUV showed the truck slightly better on handling courses and SUV better on hill climb. I assume that’s due to weight distribution as I think they are identical in all stats including weight. More centralized weight distribution for the truck makes it turn slightly easier, the more rear oriente weight distribution helps get more power down over the rear wheel for SUV on the the climb. That my theory anyway. I don’t have any data on the EXT but if it’s lighter it may be very slightly better all round than the ESV. Seems a good pull to look out for!
  • aleale Member Posts: 52 ✭✭
    43MK4 said:
    Is there any races where ext or exv are best among the all tier C cars?
    Also I have an ESV and uphill is better than the SS Trailblazer
  • mauro07mauro07 Member Posts: 371 ✭✭✭
    i have both and now i upgrade this cars.. i think one kill TRailblazer in hillclimb and all 2 are better in motocross.. i think...
    ESV is better than SS at everything except drags I believe. The question is how the recently demoted EXT fits in the mix. Speculation only at this point, until someone has two at same tune to collect timings on.
  • mauro07mauro07 Member Posts: 371 ✭✭✭
    ok... @Huacanacha ... i upgrade mine to 2.3/2.3/2.3 and do some test :)
    EXT is upgrading, will have times when ready (and an event to use it in ;-) )
    It turns out that post upgrade the D class Hummer SUT and SUV both post the same time on dirt hill climb. I don’t know if they did before as my initial testing was at stock. I don’t have both at stock tune in my garage now to test... I’m definitely curious whether the update changed that.
  • chedichedi Member Posts: 467 ✭✭✭
    ESV is better than SS at everything except drags I believe.
    I confirm
    It turns out that post upgrade the D class Hummer SUT and SUV both post the same time on dirt hill climb. I don’t know if they did before as my initial testing was at stock. I don’t have both at stock tune in my garage now to test... I’m definitely curious whether the update changed that.
    Not so for the motocross!
    suv 330 1.42.99
    sut 330 1.42.83

(if you're wondering about the 303's, i only have the time for a suv 303: 1.42.53)
  • TD42792TD42792 Member Posts: 650 ✭✭✭
    dunowe said:
    Not so for the motocross!
    suv 330 1.42.99
    sut 330 1.42.83

(if you're wondering about the 303's, i only have the time for a suv 303: 1.42.53)
    Yes, very bizarre. SUT and SUV now have same hill climb time, but different motocross (and I presume other twisties as well?).
    Now making the SUV redundant? Weird.
    Maybe there’s a difference on the wet climb.