General Discussion

Introduce Yourself!

Hutch_DemorphicHutch_Demorphic Administrator, Hutch Staff Posts: 1,074 admin
Welcome Drivers!
Hill Dash 2 has moved to the next phase of Early Launch. This also marks the launch of these new Hill Dash 2 forums.
Please take the opportunity to introduce yourself as this new community kicks off.
It would be great to learn more about you and hear your story.

Please use this thread to:
Tell us a bit about yourself (background, location, any car story you are willing to share).
What stage you are at in Top Drives? (Campaign progress, RQ, multiplayer)
Your game background, what car games you have played before getting to Hill Dash 2.
Tell us a bit about your daily drive or the car of your dreams.
iOS or Android?

Comments

• MichelleMichelle Member Posts: 2
    Hi everyone I'm Michelle. I'm new to HillDash but I'm hooked. I just downloaded HillDash 2 so I've got to play a little more before I can comment. I hope to enjoy it as much as the 1st. My other half is so competitive, he blows me away, so I've always got a goal in mind.....catch up to him and pass him! Nothing makes me feel more satisfied than achieving a goal, getting a new vehicle or track before he does!
  • GsearchGsearch Member, Wrenchmen, Senior Wrenchmen Posts: 2,024 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Hang in there Michelle.  He is beatable.  Focus on one car.  Upgrade it over and over.  Find a race that has a lot of coins and just run it over and over and over and collect away to upgrade it. 
  • jvandenbroek21jvandenbroek21 Member Posts: 9
    Jesse, been a MmMX Hilldasher almost since the beginning. I was active in the first games forum for a while. I was obsessed for a while even held a couple track's top time (only briefly due to how competitive you have designed that game). 
    I have played quite a few different racing games other than this, but if i would pick my top three most played they would go (in no particular order) MMX HillDash, Hill Climb Racing 2, and Reckless Racing 3. 
    Have not played it in over a year and was on the play store the other day and saw this and thought "here we go again!". 
    If your able to replicate the competitive design of the first game this will be another winner here for sure.
  • deepudeepu Member Posts: 2
    Hi everyone, I'm yaswanth. I have pre-registered. The games looks amazing. The race event was awesome. It's like competing with the one with lowest time. If you got the lowest one then it will be like competing ourselves. What I love most is competing myself. 
  • flight4590flight4590 Member Posts: 478 ✭✭✭
    I think most people active on the forums knows me.  Not in hill dash 1 that is.  Snow marathon was a terrible level...  but this seems genuinely promising, liking it so far.
  • Hutch_DemorphicHutch_Demorphic Administrator, Hutch Staff Posts: 1,074 admin
    I think most people active on the forums knows me.  Not in hill dash 1 that is.  Snow marathon was a terrible level...  but this seems genuinely promising, liking it so far.
    Good to hear! Snow Marathon was definitely interesting
    deepu said:
    Hi everyone, I'm yaswanth. I have pre-registered. The games looks amazing. The race event was awesome. It's like competing with the one with lowest time. If you got the lowest one then it will be like competing ourselves. What I love most is competing myself. 
    Good to see you here Deepu
    Jesse, been a MmMX Hilldasher almost since the beginning. I was active in the first games forum for a while. I was obsessed for a while even held a couple track's top time (only briefly due to how competitive you have designed that game). 
    I have played quite a few different racing games other than this, but if i would pick my top three most played they would go (in no particular order) MMX HillDash, Hill Climb Racing 2, and Reckless Racing 3. 
    Have not played it in over a year and was on the play store the other day and saw this and thought "here we go again!". 
    If your able to replicate the competitive design of the first game this will be another winner here for sure.
    Hopefully we can meet your expectations with the new game. There's definitely a strong competitive element.
  • SlowButSteadySlowButSteady Member Posts: 5
    Hey there! My name is Michael, and I'm a longtime player of Hutch games, probably one of the first dozen players of less than a couple hundred to beat Snow 2 in a Micro in HillClimb (now Hill Dash 1). Lets go through the prompts:

Background:  I'm in New Jersey, USA, and I'm old enough to have read in a physical newspaper the dangers of scary internet chatrooms in the 90s, but young enough that the article was shown to me by my father.  My favorite car story is probably the fantastic picture I have of the front end of the Micro sunk into the ground, with the wheels attached to the suspension lifted way over the hood.  Real car story? When I had a curfew and some guys I was with wouldn't stop chatting up the girls at the ice cream place so I told them I was leaving.  Inching away slowly, they ran over and I told them that I wouldn't stop, and they had to jump in. I was going 1, maybe 2 mph, but that was fast enough to knock over the stop sign that I didn't see as I was watching them come in.  I still have the stop sign. We wrote "in the name of love" on the bottom.  The impact cracked my windshield wiper fluid and I had to keep RainX in a water gun for years.

Top Drive?

Driving game history: On mobile, my first favorite car games were probably MMX HillClimb, Hill Climb Racing, Zombie Road Trip, Zombie Highway, stuff like that. I could never stand all of the early top down stuff.  Outside of mobile, my favorite car game of all time is Test Drive: Offroad Wide Open for the Xbox, followed closely by Need For Speed Underground 2.  One day, I'd love to have a full racing sim setup for my PC.  Right now PC money is going into maintaining and expanding the home server and updating the wife's rig. You know, practical things.

Dream car: There are a few.  Road, past: 1957 Chevy Corvette. I don't know why. The side scoops call to me.  Road, future: whatever Audi station wagon they put out in 10 years that drives itself.  Offroad, past:  A 1980s Jeep CJ-8, the Scrambler, the one with the pickup bed.  Preferably rust free and with a big, fat, nasty beadlocked tires and gear ratios low enough to climb a vertical wall.  Offroad, future: The Jeep pickup truck that EVERYBODY WANTS, JEEP.  My god, they've been teasing us for a decade now, just give it to us.  The Gladiator reboot concept was just cruel.

Android will always fit my needs better, though I understand the merits of both platforms.

Alright, now that this intro is completed, I'm going to go find the appropriate thread to complain about charging for checkpoints, because that is garbage.  There is lots of potential, this could be a nice game, but we're far from perfect.  Very, very far.
  • AsmoAsmo Member Posts: 73 ✭✭
    Hello everyone,

I'm Asmo from Germany and with the exception of Hearthstone and Pokemon Go, Hill Dash 2 is the only mobile game I ever spent time or money on (thanks Highway to Wealth >:/ ). I'm Level 32 atm, grinding enough Tank coins in order to make the <00:34 requirement. I am pleased so far, I wished there were more cars and less grindy ways to upgrade them. Highway to Wealth is straight up predatory programming, but I think every adult has the responsibility to spend money or not, so I'm not really mad at the game - just a little mad at myself for falling into the trap! Cool game, hope it stays around and grows, so my investment wasn't totally in vain.

Best regards from Germany,

Asmo
  • Marius816Marius816 Member Posts: 1
    add me please

• TacoBandito342TacoBandito342 Member Posts: 2
    Hows it going guys. Names Leekah, people call me "Bro". Born and raised in New Zealand, currently living in Perth Western Australia. I downloaded this game through an ad that popped up on a game im in a beta team for. Apart from Madskills Motorcross 2 & Madskills Bmx 2 this game has me hooked, love the challenge/skill involved, that first marathon gave me alot of grief turns out i was overthinking my run 😆. Dream cars would have to be 65 impala, 2010 Ford GT or a 67 Nova lol currently driving a 2018 Nissan Navara but if my wifes car has next to no gas then im driving hers haha 2010 WRX. Anyway back to the grind. P.S im not mexican i just love Taco's. 😜🤘🤘
  • ZacMcFeegleZacMcFeegle Member Posts: 4
    Zac McFeegle...50+...UK...enjoying the game...f2p (sorry Hutch)...dont mind ads as long as they dont interrupt gameflow
    played asphalt extreme (greedy company)...hill climb...mmx hill dash..trials frontier...hearthstone...eternal ccg
    fav car...topend jag or roller...i like comfort
    best car moment....totalling a rover, man it was ****
    worst car moment...totalling a volvo, miss that car
    playing on ios10.3 ipad 3/4...a few lag problems...and vehicle/track scroll disappears if i scroll too fast...no worries tho
    would like to see control setup like trials frontier (tilt F/tilt B...acc/brake)...and placeable button setup...that would take this game to another level and get more players in, as i believe the hardest part for noobs is getting the hang of the controls and puts them off
    well done Hutch good game...car equivalent to trials frontier