General Discussion

Rubish S class cars

12357

Comments

  • HeissRodHeissRod Member Posts: 1,725 ✭✭✭✭✭
    TGPD said:
    the 911 GT2 (A25) is another buried gem.
    Isn't the GT2 a more track-focused variant than the GT3?
    Why has it only got 89 grip? Same as the Carrera S?
    I think many of the cars in this game should be put under review.
    IRL, the GT3 is the track star.  The GT2 is the highway monster.

  • TGPDTGPD Member Posts: 3,541 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Speaking of which, I nominate the Superlight R500 and the X-Bow.
    The X-Bow has far more advanced (and stiff) suspension than the R500, generates more G-Forces than the R500 (As shown in one of the Top Gear episodes), Goes around the track faster than an R500 (See http://fastestlaps.com/models/ktm-x-bow-r and http://fastestlaps.com/models/caterham-r500, pay attention to the Bedford Autodrome West Circuit) Yet, the X-Bow still has a 2-point grip disadvantage. Why is that? If the Caterham's grip gonna be 90, at least make the KTM 93 or something.
  • Goodhews89Goodhews89 Member Posts: 249 ✭✭✭
    TGPD said:
    the 911 GT2 (A25) is another buried gem.
    Isn't the GT2 a more track-focused variant than the GT3?
    Why has it only got 89 grip? Same as the Carrera S?
    I think many of the cars in this game should be put under review.
    The GT2 is basically a GT3 with a Turbo/Turbo S motor.(It is actually a lot more than that, but that is the simplest explanation.) The GT2 is the porsche know as the Widow Maker. 

    The A25 GT2 is a 2001 so it is a 996
    The A25 GT3 is a 2005 so it is a 997
    The A26 Carrera S is a 2015 so it is a 991

    So they are completely different cars with 3 generations between them, so it is much harder to justify that kind of change.

    But, I agree there are plenty of stats that should be reconsidered.
  • TGPDTGPD Member Posts: 3,541 ✭✭✭✭✭
    The 0-60 times of the X-Bow and the Caterham are not right. The 0-60 of the Cat is 2.8, not 2.9 stock. The 0-60 of the KTM is 3.8, not 3.7 stock.
  • TGPDTGPD Member Posts: 3,541 ✭✭✭✭✭
    btw, I pronounce this thread as 
    roo-bish S class cars
  • grandvachegrandvache Member Posts: 955 ✭✭✭✭
    TGPD said:
    Speaking of which, I nominate the Superlight R500 and the X-Bow.
    The X-Bow has far more advanced (and stiff) suspension than the R500, generates more G-Forces than the R500 (As shown in one of the Top Gear episodes), Goes around the track faster than an R500 (See http://fastestlaps.com/models/ktm-x-bow-r and http://fastestlaps.com/models/caterham-r500, pay attention to the Bedford Autodrome West Circuit) Yet, the X-Bow still has a 2-point grip disadvantage. Why is that? If the Caterham's grip gonna be 90, at least make the KTM 93 or something.
    Always sceptical of comparing these sort of laptimes, different drivers, different weather and different tyres are EASILY enough to account for a 1% difference in lap times.

    Need moar datas
  • TGPDTGPD Member Posts: 3,541 ✭✭✭✭✭
    TGPD said:
    Speaking of which, I nominate the Superlight R500 and the X-Bow.
    The X-Bow has far more advanced (and stiff) suspension than the R500, generates more G-Forces than the R500 (As shown in one of the Top Gear episodes), Goes around the track faster than an R500 (See http://fastestlaps.com/models/ktm-x-bow-r and http://fastestlaps.com/models/caterham-r500, pay attention to the Bedford Autodrome West Circuit) Yet, the X-Bow still has a 2-point grip disadvantage. Why is that? If the Caterham's grip gonna be 90, at least make the KTM 93 or something.
    Always sceptical of comparing these sort of laptimes, different drivers, different weather and different tyres are EASILY enough to account for a 1% difference in lap times.

    Need moar datas
    The KTM uses push-rods. That highly increases suspension power. The Caterham doesn't have it.
    http://www.evo.co.uk/caterham/7/14169/ktm-x-bow-v-lotus-2-eleven-v-ariel-atom-v-caterham-r500-ktm-x-bow-v-lotus-2-eleven
    Here's a guide irl between the Ariel Atom (Which we don't have), the Caterham, the 2-11 S'Charged and the X-Bow (I presume GT).
  • grandvachegrandvache Member Posts: 955 ✭✭✭✭
    TGPD said:
    TGPD said:
    Speaking of which, I nominate the Superlight R500 and the X-Bow.
    The X-Bow has far more advanced (and stiff) suspension than the R500, generates more G-Forces than the R500 (As shown in one of the Top Gear episodes), Goes around the track faster than an R500 (See http://fastestlaps.com/models/ktm-x-bow-r and http://fastestlaps.com/models/caterham-r500, pay attention to the Bedford Autodrome West Circuit) Yet, the X-Bow still has a 2-point grip disadvantage. Why is that? If the Caterham's grip gonna be 90, at least make the KTM 93 or something.
    Always sceptical of comparing these sort of laptimes, different drivers, different weather and different tyres are EASILY enough to account for a 1% difference in lap times.

    Need moar datas
    The KTM uses push-rods. That highly increases suspension power. The Caterham doesn't have it.
    http://www.evo.co.uk/caterham/7/14169/ktm-x-bow-v-lotus-2-eleven-v-ariel-atom-v-caterham-r500-ktm-x-bow-v-lotus-2-eleven
    Here's a guide irl between the Ariel Atom (Which we don't have), the Caterham, the 2-11 S'Charged and the X-Bow (I presume GT).
    Yes.  It's about a billion times more modern in design. Having said that the KTM is about 50% heavier than the caterham, which will also make a big difference.  

    My point remains, one data point isn't enough to say that it's faster.

    From the article (I've got that copy of EVO somewhere in a box) ...

    "The oversteer could be fun when you’re not going for a lap time, but the brakes wouldn’t be. You simply don’t get anything like enough feel through the pedal and you end up listening for the chirrup from the tyres to let you know when you’re on the point of lock-up.

    All of the above would lose the KTM some time compared with an R500, but the clincher is that the X-Bow just isn’t as fast in a straight line, as you can see from the graph on the right."

  • Goodhews89Goodhews89 Member Posts: 249 ✭✭✭
    Yeah "grip" is a very subjective thing and I have a tough time seeing a change in grip based on another cars grip... Aside from cars that are the same model/generation but different trim(ie. Carrera s vs Carrera GTS.)

    And I don't believe having more tech or being more modern means something will be faster. Remember the fastest car to ever go around the nurburgring was in 1983
  • grandvachegrandvache Member Posts: 955 ✭✭✭✭
    edited April 9
    Yeah "grip" is a very subjective thing and I have a tough time seeing a change in grip based on another cars grip... Aside from cars that are the same model/generation but different trim(ie. Carrera s vs Carrera GTS.)

    And I don't believe having more tech or being more modern means something will be faster. Remember the fastest car to ever go around the nurburgring was in 1983
    The best metric for grip is probably max g-force, but that's SO tyre dependant.


  • bobdylanbobdylan Member, Wrenchmen Posts: 2,190 ✭✭✭✭✭

    Got a seconds 911 tagra 4s ... my only 4x4 legenderies was the other 4s and I have tuned it and it works for me . 
    But a second one ???? 
    Awwwww man come on 
  • CharlieRCharlieR Member Posts: 413 ✭✭✭
    bobdylan said:

    Got a seconds 911 tagra 4s ... my only 4x4 legenderies was the other 4s and I have tuned it and it works for me . 
    But a second one ???? 
    Awwwww man come on 
    The game must have though you like it since you updating it... The same happened to me when i started to update my SLS, another pooped out immediately. 
  • AntounAntoun Member Posts: 614 ✭✭✭✭
    Ok, I have just upgraded my Veyrons and my 650S...
  • willcf15willcf15 Member Posts: 254 ✭✭✭
    Antoun said:
    Veyrons
    Not getting any sympathy from me :P I've been playing since August, and just pulled my third legendary in addition to the 12C. Thought I was lucky until I came back to this forum hahaha
  • CharlieRCharlieR Member Posts: 413 ✭✭✭
    edited April 22
    S27 fleet keeps on growing with the fresh addition of AMG GT S

    #s27unstoppable


  • 43MK443MK4 Member Posts: 786 ✭✭✭✭
    CharlieR said:
    S27 fleet keeps on growing with the fresh addition of AMG GT S

    #s27unstoppable


    The amazing 7x27!
  • AntounAntoun Member Posts: 614 ✭✭✭✭
    willcf15 said:
    Antoun said:
    Veyrons
    Not getting any sympathy from me :P I've been playing since August, and just pulled my third legendary in addition to the 12C. Thought I was lucky until I came back to this forum hahaha
    In fact I wrote Veyrons but the third one is not upgraded...
  • Goodhews89Goodhews89 Member Posts: 249 ✭✭✭
    CharlieR said:
    S27 fleet keeps on growing with the fresh addition of AMG GT S

    #s27unstoppable


    I have 30 RQ27 Legendaries I don't have 3 of those; Corvette, AMG GT S, and SLS GT.
  • CharlieRCharlieR Member Posts: 413 ✭✭✭
    edited June 29
    it's time for an update, couse S27s are unstoppable. From march 26 my garage saw an addition of 7 S27 and 4 S above 27, 2 of them where prize cars.... so on top of all those drop rates, we have another one - first u need to be lucky to pull S and then you need to have 'luck booster' that would 'lift' your luck above s27..



  • mauro07mauro07 Member Posts: 1,114 ✭✭✭✭
    CharlieR said:
    it's time for an update, couse S27s are unstoppable. From march 26 my garage saw an addition of 7 S27 and 4 S above 27, 2 of them where prize cars.... so on top of all those drop rates, we have another one - first u need to be lucky to pull S and then you need to have 'luck booster' that would 'lift' your luck above s27..



    i want your problem to find this S rq27.. for me it's months (3/4) that i don't find S cars
  • HeissRodHeissRod Member Posts: 1,725 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Could it possibly be the number of Legendaries that exist above 27 compared to 27 is less, so the odds of pulling a 27 are greater?
  • CharlieRCharlieR Member Posts: 413 ✭✭✭
    HeissRod said:
    Could it possibly be the number of Legendaries that exist above 27 compared to 27 is less, so the odds of pulling a 27 are greater?
    there are 36 S cars above RQ27 and 21 RQ27, excluding prize cars.
  • Destroyer2k11999Destroyer2k11999 Member Posts: 750 ✭✭✭✭
    CharlieR said:
    HeissRod said:
    Could it possibly be the number of Legendaries that exist above 27 compared to 27 is less, so the odds of pulling a 27 are greater?
    there are 36 S cars above RQ27 and 21 RQ27, excluding prize cars.
    36 S cars shared between RQ28 and up? That really skews heavily toward "tweener" epic/ legendary RQ27 S class then
  • HeissRodHeissRod Member Posts: 1,725 ✭✭✭✭✭
    CharlieR said:
    HeissRod said:
    Could it possibly be the number of Legendaries that exist above 27 compared to 27 is less, so the odds of pulling a 27 are greater?
    there are 36 S cars above RQ27 and 21 RQ27, excluding prize cars.
    Well, there goes that theory
  • prodnusprodnus Member Posts: 41 ✭✭
    Trash or nah?
  • HeissRodHeissRod Member Posts: 1,725 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Good for 90s events
  • Parimal_2000Parimal_2000 Member Posts: 429 ✭✭✭
    HeissRod said:
    Good for 90s events
    You mean 80's.
  • ReaktorKalleReaktorKalle Member Posts: 56 ✭✭
    Losing against a lot of cars with lower stats...
  • GsearchGsearch Member, Wrenchmen, Senior Wrenchmen Posts: 1,933 ✭✭✭✭✭
    HeissRod said:
    Good for 90s events
    Uhm.. off by just a little bit. lol.
Sign In or Register to comment.