General Discussion

Spotted

Comments

• ljhcjpljhcjp Member Posts: 356 ✭✭✭
    Toyota Aygo

• RobGripesRobGripes Member Posts: 1,647 ✭✭✭✭✭
    ljhcjp said:
    Toyota Aygo

I feel like the McLaren owner might be trolling his relative / friend's car with that registration. 

X8 Bosh! 
  • LittleEnosBurdetteLittleEnosBurdette Member Posts: 1,787 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Anyone looking at spending some lottery winnings should check out “deals on wheels” unbelievable metal, choices, choices. 😞

https://m.facebook.com/dealsonwheelsuae/
  • TheTruePwnzorTheTruePwnzor Member Posts: 169 ✭✭✭
    Anyone looking at spending some lottery winnings should check out “deals on wheels” unbelievable metal, choices, choices. 😞

https://m.facebook.com/dealsonwheelsuae/
    Deals on wheels is definitely a great group but my favorite place to window shop is www.bringatrailer.com Then again I like the oddball cars for sure. I've actually bought two cars from BaT, both purchases went swimmingly. Also my first stop most days is either hemmings or www.racingjunk.com.
    Please excuse the low quality, the sun was just coming up:

#squadgoals
  • hillclimberhillclimber Member Posts: 1,454 ✭✭✭✭✭
    matching colour

not a matching colour

Saw this today on the A13 heading out of London. 1965 El Camino in mint condition. Absolute gem, and the first time I’ve ever seen one in the flesh. 

I feel lime there can't be more than a handful of cherry Caminos in England. That was a heck of a spot! Aren't they a weird kind of wonderful?
    Sitting in the airport going through photos for the site and this one is probably out but it is definitely a standout:

300sl by kindig it.
  • grandvachegrandvache Member Posts: 1,437 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Sitting in the airport going through photos for the site and this one is probably out but it is definitely a standout:

300sl by kindig it.
    I had a long chat with a guy from Sotheby's & RM auctions a couple of years ago about the 300sl.  He reckoned he'd probably driven more of them than anyone else on the planet who didn't work at Mercedes. 

He said they were all "very disappointing" ... Mostly because they're garage queens and never do enough milage.  Breaks your heart a little bit tbh.
    Quite pleased with this one.  An unusual spot, certainly in the UK.
  • RobGripesRobGripes Member Posts: 1,647 ✭✭✭✭✭

Anyone know what this is?
  • bullet_splatterbullet_splatter Member Posts: 526 ✭✭✭✭
    edited November 4
    RobGripes said:

Anyone know what this is?Heavily modified Jeep Wrangler, front bumper, hood, grill, etc are all aftermarket. 
  • JacoJaco Member Posts: 945 ✭✭✭✭
    RobGripes said:

Anyone know what this is?
    Looks like a BMW 2 series to me.
  • bobdylanbobdylan Member Posts: 2,813 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Few nice cars today 
  • TopDrives20409TopDrives20409 Member Posts: 331 ✭✭✭
    edited November 6
    Couldn’t take a picture as I was driving (and it was going in the opposite direction) but I saw a red Alfa Romeo 4C this morning. With the number plate THE 4C. Couldn’t decide if that was terrible, or secretly really cool. 
    Post edited by TopDrives20409 on
    here's a challenge,  I have a picture of toy cars on my wall .... can you name them !!! 
    Sadly I can only guess the results 
  • samagoichisamagoichi Member Posts: 743 ✭✭✭✭
    G65. 
    Not in the game but that was a first for me. 

don't see many now a days
    bobdylan said:
    here's a challenge,  I have a picture of toy cars on my wall .... can you name them !!! 
    Sadly I can only guess the results 
    I think the white one might be an old Citroen estate (CX maybe) or a Ghostbusters style old US barge.

The silver one looks like a de Tomaso to me!
    bobdylan said:
    Is that an xr4i?

Old school!

According to www.howmanyleft.co.uk there are only 5 (!) Xr4i's left on the road and only a couple of hundred xr4x4's.
    Not sure it's not badged . Wow only 5 left !!!!
    I recon the silver one is the same as the orange one and that they mite be bmw M1s
  • bantel_catbantel_cat Member Posts: 380 ✭✭✭
    bobdylan said:
    I recon the silver one is the same as the orange one and that they mite be bmw M1s
    The silver one reminded me of a De Tomaso Pantera too, but it's not.
    God I loved saying that as a kid, De Tomaso Pantera, De Tomaso Pantera, De Tomaso Pantera... drove my parents mental
    Don't think its an M1 either but maybe its just a not entirely accurate model
  • bantel_catbantel_cat Member Posts: 380 ✭✭✭
    Tried cheating via Google Image Search.
    It is a.... Television set!

bobdylan said:
    The silver one reminded me of a De Tomaso Pantera too, but it's not.
    God I loved saying that as a kid, De Tomaso Pantera, De Tomaso Pantera, De Tomaso Pantera... drove my parents mental
    Don't think its an M1 either but maybe its just a not entirely accurate model
    No you're correct, it's a burnout / GTA / Ridge racer  style "looks like but not quite" car.

Shades of Porsche tapiro & Maserati kamsin.  If it weren't for the headlights I'd think it was a delorean.

The small red one might be an xj6 coupe.
  • Huskic69Huskic69 Member Posts: 1,648 ✭✭✭✭✭
    bobdylan said:
    Is that an xr4i?

Old school!

According to www.howmanyleft.co.uk there are only 5 (!) Xr4i's left on the road and only a couple of hundred xr4x4's.
    my neighbour has 4 of them
    definlay ghost buster 
    this too a citron maybe ? 
    yup agree this is a jag xj6. 
    lambo muria  ? 
    both these yellow ones look like Aston Martins,  slightly different tho 🤔🤔🤔
    hmmm definitely not the same car . Front on the silver one very dematos.... then shark gill events on the rear quarters mite be the give away 
    Google search ... m1 had vents at the back .... Not like that tho ... did have the slat rear window like the orange model ... but also slat vents in the hood hmmmmmm.