General Discussion

Matchmaking and League entries

ppedrasppedras Member Posts: 985 ✭✭✭✭
I can’t understand this:

After 16h of play my daily bracket has 11 players...
Really Hutch?? Do you want us to believe that only 11 players wanted to play the daily until now? Even if we’re talking of 150RQ!

Comments

• LittleEnosBurdetteLittleEnosBurdette Member Posts: 2,220 ✭✭✭✭✭
    What’s the trophy count range? There is 19 in mine today, ranging from about 15k - 60k trophies, the matchmaking and league selection is bewildering, I don’t think anyone knows how it works.  
    I know Hutch are looking at the matchmaking but would it not be possible to just lump maybe 150 of us all in together, give a CF pack for first and ceramic to top 10 or something? It’s just a grind picking up a 1 star win at a time and an aluminium pack at the end of the day for me. 
  • TNThomasTNThomas Member Posts: 508 ✭✭✭
    Just a quick question: Does less trophies mean that you are more likely to come up against 'bad' players?
  • RobGripesRobGripes Member Posts: 1,933 ✭✭✭✭✭
    It means simply that their performance in events is poorer, this'll be more true as time goes on cos the change is recent.

It might mean that their garage is worse, or that they smurfed hard before the recent change.
  • ppedrasppedras Member Posts: 985 ✭✭✭✭
    edited April 2018
    HeissRod said:
    For players with your trophy count?  Possibly.
    @HeissRod LiitleEnosBurdette is usually in my daily bracket. So, if his only has 19 players and mine has 11, why aren't these two brackets together? That's what i'm trying to understand. How does this work? Last night we were 5, i i couldn't win to any of my oponents. Today its a bit  better, i can 1 star one the oponents!! YES!!!....
  • HeissRodHeissRod Member Posts: 3,929 ✭✭✭✭✭
    ppedras said:
    HeissRod said:
    @HeissRod LiitleEnosBurdette is usually in my daily bracket. So, if his only has 19 players and mine has 11, why aren't these two brackets together? That's what i'm trying to understand. How does this work. Last night we we're 5, i i couldn't win to any of my oponents. Today its a bit  better, i can 1 star one the oponents!! YES!!!....
    I believe there is a separation of platforms.  iOS users will never play against Android users, so that's one split criteria.
    HeissRod said:
    ppedras said:
    HeissRod said:
    @HeissRod LiitleEnosBurdette is usually in my daily bracket. So, if his only has 19 players and mine has 11, why aren't these two brackets together? That's what i'm trying to understand. How does this work. Last night we we're 5, i i couldn't win to any of my oponents. Today its a bit  better, i can 1 star one the oponents!! YES!!!....
    I believe there is a separation of platforms.  iOS users will never play against Android users, so that's one split criteria.
    Pretty sure iOS and Android can be mixed in with the same group. 
    HeissRod said:
    ppedras said:
    HeissRod said:
    Don't think it works that way.
  • TGPDTGPD Member Posts: 4,520 ✭✭✭✭✭
    HeissRod said:
    ppedras said:
    HeissRod said:
    doesn't work. logically. if I originally played on android but switched to iOS later, that wouldn't change my groupings.
  • HeissRodHeissRod Member Posts: 3,929 ✭✭✭✭✭
    I could have sworn I read that on the forums in the past.  Oh well.
  • CometDanCometDan Member Posts: 1,230 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Yea I was shocked to see so few in ours. Its getting very boring coming up against the same people over and over. No offence @ppedras @LittleEnosBurdette !!!
    CometDan said:
    Yea I was shocked to see so few in ours. Its getting very boring coming up against the same people over and over. No offence @ppedras @LittleEnosBurdette !!!
    There is bound to be a reason for it, would be nice to know.
    How many in yours today? Trophy range? 
  • Parimal_2000Parimal_2000 Member Posts: 764 ✭✭✭✭
    Another opinion- I have been placed in the same bracket as Eric shih since the last 2 days. How does that happen when he literally wins every event? Shouldn't he climb up? Another point is that I haven't won any events so my trophies should remain the same but how is he in my bracket?
    CometDan said:
    There is bound to be a reason for it, would be nice to know.
    How many in yours today? Trophy range? 
    I would say I’m the lowest at 17k up to Gabor and Zsolt
  • RobGripesRobGripes Member Posts: 1,933 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Eric shih is going up from zero trophies though. He'll keep climbing for sure
    He is still in my bracket.
  • TD42792TD42792 Member Posts: 1,005 ✭✭✭✭
    Same here, both days dailies with c. 15 players. Definitely something broken
  • mauro07mauro07 Member Posts: 1,976 ✭✭✭✭✭
    yep me too.. we are in 21 and trophy are from 8k to 10/12k
    I know it’s soon, but only 10 until now....
    I’ve landed in yours so it’s 11 now!
    Hutch overlords - this matchmaking is getting seriously dull now. It’s the same names over and over again! Maybe I need to do as they do on the in game forums and enter in the last minutes, may see some new ones then
    Wow!! Eric just won 900 trophies in the ford event and look he is still in my bracket today.( I lost 100 trophies)

• JayJay Member Posts: 2,284 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Wow!! Eric just won 900 trophies in the ford event and look he is still in my bracket today.( I lost 100 trophies)

Yeah thats me in second. If Only he wasn't there I would have a chance :P
    The problem is he is still in my bracket and we have a 1000 trophy difference.
  • KrasimirDimitrovKrasimirDimitrov Member Posts: 148 ✭✭✭
    In daily events im always matched with the same 3-4 palyers and we are always competing for the 1st place, I know all of their cars already. I have around 5000 trophies so I guess its not hard to get matched with different people
  • ZotZeZotZe Member Posts: 884 ✭✭✭✭
    wait for next dailys, maybe he is placed higher then.
    Trophy gain was mostly likley after he entered this dailys.
  • ZotZeZotZe Member Posts: 884 ✭✭✭✭
    wait for next dailys, maybe he is placed higher then.
    Trophy gain was mostly likley after he entered this dailys.
  • mauro07mauro07 Member Posts: 1,976 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Hey Hutch.. do you change something? because nowin this event, not only the Daily, i find only player with 8k trophy or more and always the same... i can understand for dailies but all events? 2 days ago we are all mixed with player with few or more trophy but now... it's impossible to compete... it will be sweet when you change something about matchmaking or other stuff, you wirte something on ING Forum or here or a message in game... thakns in advice..
    You’ll be in a similar trophy count bracket if you are in a RQ140 event, a couple of recent events have been RQ120 RQ100 and RQ45 so trophy counts can be anything in those