General Discussion

Patch 5.0 Discussion Thread

Comments

• BubblegumBubblegum Member Posts: 157 ✭✭✭
    edited May 10
    It's time (finally!) to dust away your Pagani and join the Italian event.

Btw, Pagani is missing from the manufacturer filter. Not that it is important as filter by country Italy sees it all. Still... better to add Pagani in as filter.
  • TGPDTGPD Member Posts: 4,393 ✭✭✭✭✭
    I saw a Giulia Quadrifoglio downstairs today
  • RobGripesRobGripes Member Posts: 1,653 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Yeh i saw a Quadri... next to me in the cross harbor tunnel. Got to stare at it from the left rear quarter the whole way. Beautiful car. alfas eh, just such good looking cars.

Quite possibly the best addition of manufacturers since launch, I am super excited!

All the fixes etc sound good. I was hoping that the filter settings would change so that when you filter your garage, look at a car and go back to garage it would keep the filter settings. It didn't seem to make it in this one. may I ask @Hutch_Demorphic to bring this up in team meeting for next update?

43MK4 said:
    I actually don't think I saw a single car of these brands the few times I have been in HK. More ferraris and lambos haha

Definitely more lambos, ferraris, maseratis etc.

There are definitely a fair number of Alfas though. I think I've seen maybe 5 in the last two weeks.

Every time I see one I know that is a passionate driver, cos servicing an Alfa with parts in Hong Kong is super expensive!
  • th1318th1318 Member Posts: 31
    Hi guys, new here. Excited for the new update. But I don’t like how they introduce new areas but don’t incorporate/add new single player levels so we can actually play them and test them out. Correct me if I’m wrong, but all of the Monaco and Japan tracks are in single player right?
    th1318 said:
    Hi guys, new here. Excited for the new update. But I don’t like how they introduce new areas but don’t incorporate/add new single player levels so we can actually play them and test them out. Correct me if I’m wrong, but all of the Monaco and Japan tracks are in single player right?
    No, Japan isn't. Those came out in an update, same as the new Canyon tracks. No changes except the one mentioned in the patch notes to single player campaign.

It would be nice if a new level in campaign came out with the new tracks though.
    RobGripes said:
    th1318 said:
    No, Japan isn't. Those came out in an update, same as the new Canyon tracks. No changes except the one mentioned in the patch notes to single player campaign.

It would be nice if a new level in campaign came out with the new tracks though.
    Oops. Thought the Japan tracks were. But yes I think they need to actually have them in an area that we can play them outside mp events. 

Also Hutch, is there going to be any addition to single player in this update?
  • wheat0rwheat0r Member Posts: 521 ✭✭✭
    So a guess 650s will be the next R8 after this upgrade.
    wheat0r said:
    What happened to the R8?
  • wheat0rwheat0r Member Posts: 521 ✭✭✭
    th1318 said:
    wheat0r said:
    What happened to the R8?
    A mid-range improvement.  :D
    wheat0r said:
    th1318 said:
    wheat0r said:
    What happened to the R8?
    Oh nice. That’s one of the cars I’ve always wanted in this game. Hoping to get it even more now!
  • Hutch_RobinHutch_Robin Administrator, Hutch Staff Posts: 585 admin
    edited May 10
    th1318 said:
    RobGripes said:
    th1318 said:

Oops. Thought the Japan tracks were. But yes I think they need to actually have them in an area that we can play them outside mp events. 

Also Hutch, is there going to be any addition to single player in this update?
    No. I agree this would be nice to do, however, it's a lot of work for something players would complete in a couple of hours. We do want to return to single player content in the future, and new environments would be part of that.
  • rei348rei348 Member Posts: 663 ✭✭✭
    th1318 said:
    wheat0r said:
    th1318 said:
    wheat0r said:
    What happened to the R8?
    Oh nice. That’s one of the cars I’ve always wanted in this game. Hoping to get it even more now!
    He was joking... An update ruined the R8 mid range. From awesome to useless car
  • KrasimirDimitrovKrasimirDimitrov Member Posts: 148 ✭✭✭
    When we could expect a Mclaren event? This will be something huge...
  • LittleEnosBurdetteLittleEnosBurdette Member Posts: 1,795 ✭✭✭✭✭
    wheat0r said:
    Quite frankly it’s ridiculous to nerf S class cars after people have invested so heavily to upgrade them. 
    It’s all good and well adding new manufacturers etc, that’s great, I just wish the bug fixes would at some point get priority in the updates. :(
  • KrasimirDimitrovKrasimirDimitrov Member Posts: 148 ✭✭✭
    my 12c fused 330 is losing to 650s 1.3 1.3 1.3 on drags, the MRA of 650s is just too good, having in mind they are not so different cars
    Almost the same thing between the Bugattis. the Bugatti Veyron (not 16.4) even loses to fast circuit to a 12C
  • NiurktNiurkt Member Posts: 125 ✭✭✭
    OMG!? Alfa Romeo is coming!
    Hope will be normal variety of models.
  • GsearchGsearch Member, Wrenchmen, Senior Wrenchmen Posts: 2,124 ✭✭✭✭✭
    I want THIS:

Stelvio Quadrifoglio
    Zero to 60 mph: 3.6 sec
    Zero to 100 mph: 9.0 sec
    Standing ¼-mile: 12.2 sec
    Top speed: 176 mph

• flight4590flight4590 Member Posts: 549 ✭✭✭
    My only hope is the standard Stratos is not a prize car, and is good.  As for Fiat, is Abarth included here?
    All cars will need service after 1 race :D
  • Phil_SmithPhil_Smith Member Posts: 40 ✭✭✭
    TGPD said:
    All cars will need service after 1 race :D
    True, good job there is no 'Mechanical Quality' stat, Alfa would come in at -1 and fail to finish most races  :D 

They still have some of the best looking vehicles on the planet though!
  • Carlos_RacineCarlos_Racine Member Posts: 55 ✭✭
    FIAT Fix it again, Tony in german Fehler in allen Teilen

• AvengedAvenged Member Posts: 289 ✭✭✭
    Heh, not a fan of any of the 3 manufacturers so it's the fusing QOL changes that excite me most.

Congrats to their fans though! The Lancia Delta is probably going to be quite the acquisition to make... As long as it's not a S lol. Which it would probably be.
  • mauro07mauro07 Member Posts: 1,583 ✭✭✭✭
    The Lancia HF Intregale is a beast for me... i want one!!! And Stratos too... Fiat are F or E class i think... maybe some Abarth can be better... like 124... and Alfa is good but not fan... finally some serious italian cars...
  • O__VERO__VER Member Posts: 705 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Great update. Looking forward to Alfa Romeo massively... and the upper end of Lancia!

There are literally hundreds of card errors posted in the 'Incorrect car stats' topic. I personally have spent quite a bit of time putting lists together of cars that have incorrect stats or images, but these updates never address them. Will they ever be addressed?

Also, the Jaguar Project 8 was updated to 4WD but shouldn't it be medium ride height as well?