Patch 5.0 Discussion Thread

123457»

Comments

• TGPDTGPD Member Posts: 4,368 ✭✭✭✭✭
    You would do that?
  • grandvachegrandvache Member Posts: 1,350 ✭✭✭✭✭
    TGPD said:
    TGPD said:
    Does anyone dislike the styling on the Alfa SZ?
    Is there something wrong with your eyes?
    No, by that I mean I love the styling and struggle to find a reason to dislike it. So futuristic.
    Phew.  I mean I get that's it's a "marmite" car, but IMHO anyone who doesn't like it is an blind fool.
    Also, the Jag XJR-S was changed to be the XJ-S Trans Am
    oh and this...

Lancia Lancia rally 037 Stradale
  • flight4590flight4590 Member Posts: 526 ✭✭✭
    Rally.  Perf tires.  Lul
  • hillclimberhillclimber Member Posts: 1,268 ✭✭✭✭✭
    my former ride  :'(

• Bucks73Bucks73 Member Posts: 544 ✭✭✭✭
    Well it was great that they finally fixed the league matching so that I don’t get matched with guys on 70k+ trophies anymore!

Oh wait...
  • th1318th1318 Member Posts: 31
    th1318 said:
    How long would it take to add single player levels that are targeted towards end game people? Something that is really hard/impossible to complete but would reward a legendary reward. I think working on something like that would add more value than a handful of cars. I can imagine the nightmare it is to try and get licensing agreements but I think there are other things that are more important atleast to me than new cars. 
    It would be great for end game people with amazing garages to have an "easy" way to win a legendary, trouble I see with that is that they are probably the (only) people who already have the reward legendary and it would become like the Pikes Peak thing where it just makes the strong even stronger.

A better idea for me personally would be to perhaps have special "skins" for those end-game players. A way to upgrade (for example) their lancia delta to a rally skin version or to add a race car skin to their audi R8. Have them be the same stats as the regular one but just look different. It gives something special to collect without giving an in-game advantage
    It wouldn’t be “easy” to get. The last challenge that unlocks it should be almost impossible. Something that only people with the best of garages could complete. Someone that is similar to Bugatti or Goodhews. So even if they do get it it won’t be game breaking as their garages are already incredible. Also it would give a use to all of those legendaries that you can only use in an event once every couple months. 

A skin would provide NO incentive for endgame players. There needs to be something that we can strive for other than getting to a high trophy count to get beat down 
  • grandvachegrandvache Member Posts: 1,350 ✭✭✭✭✭
    th1318 said:
    th1318 said:
    How long would it take to add single player levels that are targeted towards end game people? Something that is really hard/impossible to complete but would reward a legendary reward. I think working on something like that would add more value than a handful of cars. I can imagine the nightmare it is to try and get licensing agreements but I think there are other things that are more important atleast to me than new cars. 
    It would be great for end game people with amazing garages to have an "easy" way to win a legendary, trouble I see with that is that they are probably the (only) people who already have the reward legendary and it would become like the Pikes Peak thing where it just makes the strong even stronger.

A better idea for me personally would be to perhaps have special "skins" for those end-game players. A way to upgrade (for example) their lancia delta to a rally skin version or to add a race car skin to their audi R8. Have them be the same stats as the regular one but just look different. It gives something special to collect without giving an in-game advantage
    It wouldn’t be “easy” to get. The last challenge that unlocks it should be almost impossible. Something that only people with the best of garages could complete. Someone that is similar to Bugatti or Goodhews. So even if they do get it it won’t be game breaking as their garages are already incredible. Also it would give a use to all of those legendaries that you can only use in an event once every couple months. 

A skin would provide NO incentive for endgame players. There needs to be something that we can strive for other than getting to a high trophy count to get beat down 
    So you want hutch to spend their limited time building content that rewards only the top 0.01% of players?

Forgive me if I'd rather they spend their time fixing bugs and delivering content for the rest of the player base.

Challenging content is fine, content that only people who have literally spent tens of thousands of pounds in this game can complete really isn't.  

If you want to make that content worthwhile to those players you're going to have to put a pretty serious car behind it too, P1, pikes peak, Porsche 959 rally etc otherwise from their perspective it doesn't offer any tangible reward, just another legendary they already have 3 of.  Again; no thanks, I just don't see that sort of content as a good use of huches time.

Skins on the other hand are an idea I could get behind.  
  • iron_styleiron_style Member Posts: 110 ✭✭✭

Thanks Hutch! I didnt understand how always win in drags races 650 vs 675, if it have less power and more weight, in this patch you have repaired the bug and solve this, now is more realistic and i can win! Thanks again!
  • th1318th1318 Member Posts: 31
    th1318 said:
    th1318 said:

So you want hutch to spend their limited time building content that rewards only the top 0.01% of players?

Forgive me if I'd rather they spend their time fixing bugs and delivering content for the rest of the player base.

Challenging content is fine, content that only people who have literally spent tens of thousands of pounds in this game can complete really isn't.  

If you want to make that content worthwhile to those players you're going to have to put a pretty serious car behind it too, P1, pikes peak, Porsche 959 rally etc otherwise from their perspective it doesn't offer any tangible reward, just another legendary they already have 3 of.  Again; no thanks, I just don't see that sort of content as a good use of huches time.

th1318 said:
    th1318 said:

There just needs to be an endgame sort of thing that people can pursue that won’t be easy. If more people like skins and think that would be cool then all for it. I just prefer an ability to try and get better cars 
  • samagoichisamagoichi Member Posts: 714 ✭✭✭✭
    Didn't knew where to put this but I wonder if Hutch has change something related to the server in the new patch since i'm with @TomTurbo in the daily event. That's a first. 
  • prexprex Member Posts: 603 ✭✭✭✭
    While preparing my times for on going events I couldn’t find any change in drag race point allocation. What did you guys change actually? I am sure that 1 Mile, 1/2 Mile, 1/4 Mile, and 0-150-0 didn’t change. But I didn’t check any other yet.

E.g., @Hutch_Demorphic ?
  • Hutch_TimHutch_Tim Administrator, Hutch Staff Posts: 332 admin
    prex said:
    While preparing my times for on going events I couldn’t find any change in drag race point allocation. What did you guys change actually? I am sure that 1 Mile, 1/2 Mile, 1/4 Mile, and 0-150-0 didn’t change. But I didn’t check any other yet.

E.g., @Hutch_Demorphic ?
    Yep, looks like you're correct on that - somehow the change didn't make it in. We'll have to get it in later as it's not something we can just change server-side.
123457»