General Discussion

Audi RQ30 - Why?

ATSR_997ATSR_997 Member Posts: 307 ✭✭✭
edited May 10 in General Discussion
Could somebody explain to me why the Audi S8 Plus, RS7, and RS6 Avant are RQ30 when their maxed specs are pretty much identical (or worse) than many cars that are RQ26?

Comments

• mikesmikes Member Posts: 2,007 ✭✭✭✭✭
    AWD and medium ride height make them very versatile. 
  • ATSR_997ATSR_997 Member Posts: 307 ✭✭✭
    mikes said:
    AWD and medium ride height make them very versatile. 
    But don’t you think that RQ30 is excessive? The Mitsubishi FQ-400 has AWD, medium ride height and much better specs on every single category but it’s RQ29

• RobGripesRobGripes Member Posts: 742 ✭✭✭✭
    Probably low mid range
  • Goodhews89Goodhews89 Member Posts: 237 ✭✭✭
    0-60 and "grip" are only part of the picture .... In my experience the rs6 beats all evos at nearly everything.

But, rq30 is probably a tad bit excessive. If rq is based on performance, that means the rs6 is comparable to the Chiron. Even on city tracks the Chiron just barely loses and everywhere else it destorys the rq30 Audi. With the continuous use of rq limited events the usefulness of those cars is fleeting.
  • th1318th1318 Member Posts: 23
    I still never understood why the Audi’s aren’t legendary though. Even if they are rq29 or rq30 I think they should be legendary not epic. Weird how they’re the only manufacturer where this happens
  • wheat0rwheat0r Member Posts: 474 ✭✭✭
    edited May 10
    th1318 said:
    I still never understood why the Audi’s aren’t legendary though. Even if they are rq29 or rq30 I think they should be legendary not epic. Weird how they’re the only manufacturer where this happens
    Audi RS are not Supercar. 
  • th1318th1318 Member Posts: 23
    wheat0r said:
    th1318 said:
    I could say the same thing about some of the Porsche’s that are legendary
  • dunowedunowe Member Posts: 349 ✭✭✭
    th1318 said:
    wheat0r said:
    th1318 said:
    I could say the same thing about some of the Porsche’s that are legendary
    I agreed to both.
    i understand the reasoning behind the audi s not being legendary, but i also find the a bunch of legendaries should be either.

from a pure gaming logic point of view i would be better that anything above RQ 26 is S class (haven t chacked, but it seems almost all but audi follow this rule anyway?) 
  • TGPDTGPD Member Posts: 3,301 ✭✭✭✭✭
    The worst thing is, that the Evo IX/X FQ-360 has much higher grip and can slaughter the RQ30 Audis on a twisty track.
  • BugattiBugatti Member Posts: 2,555 ✭✭✭✭✭
    This should be a legendary as it can beat alot of them lol

• TD01055TD01055 Member Posts: 494 ✭✭✭
    Have to agree with this, have the S8 and RS7 and they aren’t worth the RQ points in RQ limited events, especially since they lost to the evos.

Hutch (if you’re out there) are they RQ30 on merit or is it still a hangover from initial tinkering?
  • hillclimberhillclimber Member Posts: 107 ✭✭✭
    someone seems to think the rs6 is worth it

@Kris Pi ; nice one  :o

• MiszmiszMiszmisz Member Posts: 3
    How would you guys upgrade that Rq30 Audis ?
  • O__VERO__VER Member Posts: 29
    I'm not sure I agree with everyone here. I think the Audis as RQ29/30 and Evo as RQ29 make sense.

As Epics, they're easier to upgrade fully which is a nice little bonus considering they don't quite foot it with the Legendaries in most events. This means they can be upgraded to a level where they do compete with Legendaries that have only seen the first tier of upgrades.

In the right conditions, they're unstoppable. Best overall city cars in the game and will even beat low level Bugattis in drag races on the right surface. I just came first in the RQ limited Family Vacation event by 800+ points with the RS6 upgraded 033 as my main car.

But I do think Hutch are a little inconsistent with their labelling. For example, why is the Volvo 850 BTCC a RQ24 Legendary when the Porsche 911 GT1 Race Car is an RQ26 Epic?
  • adms87adms87 Member Posts: 47 ✭✭
    O__VER said:

But I do think Hutch are a little inconsistent with their labelling. For example, why is the Volvo 850 BTCC a RQ24 Legendary when the Porsche 911 GT1 Race Car is an RQ26 Epic?
    That must be an error because legendaries only start after RQ27.
  • LordNelozLordNeloz Member Posts: 44
    adms87 said:
    O__VER said:

Pretty sure that legendaries are not limited by RQ. It depends on the "rarity" of the car. For example the RQ30 Audis are common vehicles in Europe and such not deserving the legendary rank. But the Volvo is rare and special enough to be a legendary car even though the performance is not high enough for higher RQ.
  • 43MK443MK4 Member Posts: 562 ✭✭✭
    adms87 said:
    O__VER said:

I think this rq24 Volvo is a leftover from previous rq system which only went up to 25. Maybe they forgot to change cars rq when implementing new system?
  • O__VERO__VER Member Posts: 29
    LordNeloz said:
    adms87 said:
    O__VER said:

Pretty sure that legendaries are not limited by RQ. It depends on the "rarity" of the car. For example the RQ30 Audis are common vehicles in Europe and such not deserving the legendary rank. But the Volvo is rare and special enough to be a legendary car even though the performance is not high enough for higher RQ.
    Agree with this but it still calls in to question what lengths they should go for consistency. For example a Jaguar D-Type sold for $19,800,000 at auction, and there were only 87 total ever made including the XKSS, yet in this game they are ultra rare and super rare.
    LordNeloz said:
    adms87 said:
    O__VER said:

Porsche Panamera. Common mid-life crisis car. Not rare. Legendary. Why?
    someone seems to think the rs6 is worth it

@Kris Pi ; nice one  :o

he is @Rysio
    Miszmisz said:
    033 it. 303 is trash on those cars. 330 only good on drags.
  • dunowedunowe Member Posts: 349 ✭✭✭
    TGPD said:
    I HATE the evos until I get one lol
    Btw, what is the "ranking" for the Evo's? Does it follow the RQ, so FQ360's (evo 9 and 10 RQ26) are better than Eo6 (2000) and FQ340 evo8 (both RQ25) than FQ300 (rq24) than the evo4 (RQ23).
    Or

I ask because i recently pulled a RQ300 and don't know if i should start upgrading it, i have some very interesting A cars but hardly any food.
    My current upgrade order is:  
    -Maxing audi S8plus, currently sitting ad 2.3 2.3 2.3
    -Putting 1 tune in the Metro 6R4, prob weight
    -maxing lotus 2-11 GT4, currently sitting ad 1.3 1.3 2.3
    -maxing the Metro
    -maxing my porsche 911 targa 4s, currently sitting ad 3.3 2.3 1.3
    (camaro z28 '16 is my current only maxed A car)

Leaving it stock means i would be able to used it as food later on without loosing any IG money 

1 other promising stocker that i've not put any money in, because hey, might need some Legendary food to up the sneaky c12 further:
    -audi RS6 plus 2004
    RQ-wise, it's one of the lower A audi, so waiting to see if i get acces to a better A audi before the inevitable audi event, but it does have a higher topspeed than most other audi's...

FYI, Food A cars for the C12 (i know i will regret at least one of them eventually):
    -R5 Maxi Turbo
    -volvo V60 polestar (have the 911targa and a audi S4 2012 1.3 1.3 1.3)
    -Merc amg C63

• adms87adms87 Member Posts: 47 ✭✭
    LordNeloz said:
    adms87 said:
    O__VER said:

Pretty sure is an error and is like how I said. That Volvo is the only legendary below rq27 so, either the rq is wrong or the class is wrong.
    TGPD said:
    Miszmisz said:
    aren't you the guy how goes 699 on everything?  :D I don't have a RS6 :'(  so correct me if I'm wrong, but 969 is better in 80% of the cases if the surface is not dry asphalt, right?
  • milewski1015milewski1015 Member Posts: 870 ✭✭✭✭
    TGPD said:
    Miszmisz said:
    aren't you the guy how goes 699 on everything?  :D I don't have a RS6 :'(  so correct me if I'm wrong, but 969 is better in 80% of the cases if the surface is not dry asphalt, right?
    No, 033 (699) is better just about everywhere for the high RQ Audis. You get more of a benefit from the lighter weight than an engine upgrade because they’re already extremely powerful cars 
    edited May 11
    TGPD said:
    Miszmisz said:
    No, 033 (699) is better just about everywhere for the high RQ Audis. You get more of a benefit from the lighter weight than an engine upgrade because they’re already extremely powerful cars 
    I just realised I spoiled my 1995 911 Turbo 969. it looses on the 1 mile drag dry asphalt to the same car 699. must be the same case.
  • tichoblintichoblin Member Posts: 471 ✭✭✭
    th1318 said:
    Because of the old Audi pack bug
    I have another theory for the Volvo BTCC:
    The full name of Legendary is "Legendary Performance". It performs "like a legend", but then the RQ needed to race this car is lower because it has slick tyres, a massive disadvantage off-road and in rain.
  • Hutch_RobinHutch_Robin Hutch Staff Posts: 344 Wrenchman
    edited May 14
    adms87 said:
    LordNeloz said:
    adms87 said:
    O__VER said:

Pretty sure is an error and is like how I said. That Volvo is the only legendary below rq27 so, either the rq is wrong or the class is wrong.
    LordNeloz is right. There's no error. At launch, Rarity was a mixture of prestige and performance. However, since launch, it has only been performance related and the previous vehicles have been held at their Rarity tiers. It's just a legacy issue.

To balance this out a little, the RQ rating of cars with a lower Rarity rating have a slightly higher RQ, so TD01055 has made a good observation. These vehicles are less rare and easier to upgrade than they should be, but they are slightly less efficient than other cars for their RQ. I think that strikes a nice balance. If and when we realign cars to their deserved Rarity tiers - their RQ will also realign.
    Post edited by Hutch_Robin on