General Discussion

Porsche 918 Spyder Finals [EVENT]

Comments

• TNThomasTNThomas Member Posts: 468 ✭✭✭
    sinner said:
    I joined last minute and... GOT IT! :)

Downside is that I now have 1000 more trophies... will that make a difference for match making?
    Not with only 3100 trophies  ;)

Congratulations man!
    Alright, good to know! I am going to try to keep it at 3000.
  • GrossbucketsGrossbuckets Member Posts: 354 ✭✭✭
    I’m telling u, full bracket...no last minute entry bull....and it’s just a roll of the dice wen it comes to the bracket u r in.  They need to fix it cuz usually I’m up against the best players ever..  not gonna cry about this but I see the disproportionate competition they set up, it’s crazy.
  • LarspyffLarspyff Member Posts: 212 ✭✭✭
    Got prize money and gold, no prize cars nor carbon fiber?
  • Bucks73Bucks73 Member Posts: 544 ✭✭✭✭

Happy Days!! And just for an extra cherry on top for the morning, that 530d I’m the picture came from my aluminium pack for 7th place in the dailies. Can’t be unhappy with a B class from that. 

Unlike @Bugatti I’m going to upgrade my Spyder to 033/699 immediately.  Now where are those fuse materials I had...oh that’s right, I used them winning this car. 1.3/1.3/1.3 it is then!
  • O__VERO__VER Member Posts: 585 ✭✭✭✭
    Really not fair, look at the hand I won 6th place with

I recognise that hand. I think you may have been in my bracket.

I came fourth with a hand that would struggle to beat yours. Really just a lucky draw in the middle of the day yesterday. Really quiet bracket for the most part.
  • Huskic69Huskic69 Member Posts: 1,580 ✭✭✭✭✭
    No Free Porsche or German ceramic for participating?
    oH, just to get a **** c class for loosing out for a rq30 car, very fair

Downside is that I now have 1000 more trophies... will that make a difference for match making?
    How many people were in your bracket if you remember
    I joined 3 minutes before the end and was able to do 4 races due to slow servers. I won all 4 and was 1st in my bracket of 9 people after the final race I was able to do. When I tried to do my 5th race with 45s remaning, the servers went ‘down’ for me. So last thing I saw was 9 people.
  • JayJay Member Posts: 1,895 ✭✭✭✭✭
    O__VER said:
    Jay said:
    Ummm.....

Congrats dude! What a stressful night. :/

I managed to get it too.... finished in fourth after constantly refreshing the game to make sure I wasn't being smashed in the last half hour while I was driving to work.

Worth it in the end but man, I think I need a day off.
    Awesome! Congratulations.

Haha yeah. Sleepless night for me. Damn early morning finishes.

It appears to be a nice car too. About 1 second faster over 1 mile drag then my near maxed 12c.

So happy right now.
  • ReaktorKalleReaktorKalle Member Posts: 161 ✭✭✭
    Really? Better MRA?
  • lg29lg29 Member Posts: 493 ✭✭✭
    NOOOOO!!!!!! place 41!
    Bucks73 said:
    Jay said:
    Ummm.....

So happy for you mate!!!!

Now sell it and buy plastics, lol! Well done though!
    Thanks! How did you go. So many posts I probably missed yours.

Its faster in drags then my near maxed 12c. So I am happy about that. Was worried the MRA would be terrible.

I joined 3 minutes before the end and was able to do 4 races due to slow servers. I won all 4 and was 1st in my bracket of 9 people after the final race I was able to do. When I tried to do my 5th race with 45s remaning, the servers went ‘down’ for me. So last thing I saw was 9 people.
    Whilst I’m not a fan of last minute joining, it’s sounds like that with only 9 people in your group, the whole group was last minute entries, so that’s fair enough. 
  • pmglfvpmglfv Member Posts: 108 ✭✭✭
    TopDives said:
    @pmglfv
    Huge thanks to Pedro, i could not have done it without you. I owe you big time!
    we also have to thank @ritter_sebo who did not attack me so that I could help you

• sinnersinner Member Posts: 631 ✭✭✭✭
    @Bucks73 when your done could you post the stats in the other thread please  :)
    Really? Better MRA?
    Low ride height in sand. A Audi beats a chiron in short drags on sand.
  • sinnersinner Member Posts: 631 ✭✭✭✭
    @Bugatti does it beat the chiron on quarter mile?
  • NinjaDesignzNinjaDesignz Member Posts: 1,018 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Bugatti said:
    bow6n said:
    Bugatti said:
    And there she is maxed out  ;)

How does it fair against one of your Chirons?

I see someone has worse midrange acceleration than the camaro convertible lmao
    Bucks73 said:

Whilst I’m not a fan of last minute joining, it’s sounds like that with only 9 people in your group, the whole group was last minute entries, so that’s fair enough. 
    I am not a fan either, but it’s part of the game... And the 918 Spyder
    O__VER said:

I came fourth with a hand that would struggle to beat yours. Really just a lucky draw in the middle of the day yesterday. Really quiet bracket for the most part.
    What’s ur in game name?
  • tichoblintichoblin Member Posts: 791 ✭✭✭✭
    Exhausted, but happy:)
    Avenged said:
    Avenged said:
    Jay said:
    Looks like I am going to miss out after all.
    Damn.

Well, if you're missing out then I'm definitely missing out. Least I think we can hang onto Top 40 for the A tier.
    You're gonna be fine @Jay, solidly in 3rd. I won't make top 8 but I'll just blow my remaining 4 tickets and see what happens.

Enjoy your new 918 tomorrow!
    Looks like you were right! Although I did race a bit early this morning. I was sliding down a little haha.
    I am not a fan either, but it’s part of the game... And the 918 Spyder
    Yep, there are things that need to be tightened up but I 100% agree that it’s part of the game and not against any rules etc. 
    TD42792 said:
    Bucks73 said:

Bs. They really need to fix late entry.
    True! But i played for more than 24hrs in my bracket and won in my bracket 6th place with a garbage hand with 3 class B.  My other account had 3 legendary, 2nepics and won 24th.  The placement of players needs to be better vetted and more division within the ranks....I shouldn’t have to race the best players in the world every day.
  • HeissRodHeissRod Member Posts: 2,938 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Meh...what a waste of resources.

edited June 13
    TD42792 said:
    Bucks73 said:

I agree but currently it’s something you can do so....

For me I don’t like it as I spent 3 days playing diligently and more importantly used fusing material to upgrade my cars. 

Late entry players essentially got this for free. I don’t but that ‘but I don’t have the garage to compete’ story, none of us did when we started and I’m not interested in the p2w vs f2p argument in this case either as look at @Jay who slogged away over 3 days in the Asian leagues with the whales there, and he got rewarded. 

But again, it’s currently not against the rules, so what to do?
  • TD42792TD42792 Member Posts: 965 ✭✭✭✭
    TD42792 said:
    Bucks73 said:

True! But i played for more than 24hrs in my bracket and won in my bracket 6th place with a garbage hand with 3 class B.  My other account had 3 legendary, 2nepics and won 24th.  The placement of players needs to be better vetted and more division within the ranks....I shouldn’t have to race the best players in the world every day.
    Yep. It is just so absurd when I read your about your lucky bracket and the late entry winners...
    Why are these players given one of the best cars in the game, huge advantage now. Meanwhile I will keep grinding, entering early and never get a prize car. Oh wait no, I got my first prize car yesterday... the carrera 2.7... might as well have been an austin.
  • erivfcerivfc Member Posts: 358 ✭✭✭✭
    erivfc said:

The money I spent was about to be wasted cause of these server issues. Something needs to be done about this.
    Nice! You made it. If you did then I should be alright as well, was mad at the end, not often I have to spend money on repairs!
    The event has completely disappeared for me however so who knows.
    For real! It was non stop repair and refresh tickets. I’m so glad my money didn’t go to waste with the server error at the end.
  • O__VERO__VER Member Posts: 585 ✭✭✭✭
    O__VER said:

What’s ur in game name?
    Oliver Bills-Strange is my IG name.