General Discussion

Not as good as the first Hill Dash

VideoDeadVideoDead Member Posts: 3
All they've added is annoying arbitrary game mechanics (breakable boxes, exploding boxes, vortexes etc) that take the skill element out of the game due to the random effect they have on your vehicle. The vehicles are worse too (quad bike sucks ****, sry Hutch) and the track design feels really lacklustre. But the worst is the fact that i can't import a vehicle upgrade without getting stupid prestige tokens, which apparently i can't get unless i play the stupid "highway wealth" mode which just bombs me before i can even get up to 5 goes. Going back to HD1.

Comments

• AsmoAsmo Member Posts: 73 ✭✭
    I see your point, but I would argue that RNG is not the opposite of skill, but rather takes a new set of skills to master it. Personally I try to approach RNG with probabilities in mind, so if I figure out how to best get past my personal nemesis "exploding pipes", I try to remember and master the version with the highest probability to conquer it. I may fail 2 out of 10, but the other 8 will always give me a good feeling - and will give me an advantage over every player who plays RNG in an "all random or nothing mode".

But I see your point, if the 1st game had no RNG that it can seem a bit tedious now...
  • Hutch_DemorphicHutch_Demorphic Administrator, Hutch Staff Posts: 1,075 admin
    Are you struggling to get prestige? I seem to get quite a bit if I don't take too many risks on H2W and have a regular go at it.