General Discussion

Sharing my ‘pain ‘: duplicate legendaries as F2P

dunowedunowe Member Posts: 469 ✭✭✭
Bought some ceramics to get some last minute C class food for fusing a B class porsche
second pack: BAM, legendary!
but.... now i have 3 times the lotus exige, out of 7 legendaries total, sigh...

The car is not good enough to have 3 111 copies of, even in a Lotus only event..

what to do with it?
-Selling it for 8 ceramics...
- waiting a long long time to get 2 more epics i want to part with and use it as food, prob for a second tune on the 12C...

i know trading would be a bad, bad idea for this game, but right about now i almost disagree 😪

Comments

• CometDanCometDan Member Posts: 1,203 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Use them to fuse into another Legendary 
  • RobGripesRobGripes Member Posts: 1,341 ✭✭✭✭✭
    That is really harsh... 
  • hillclimberhillclimber Member Posts: 1,151 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited June 13
    that's almost sarcastic, specially since you already have the 2-eleven GT4!

but hey, lotus is such a great brand and it's truly british.  don't do something you would regret later. We only have to convince hutch to bring a second Lotus trophy car. That can't be to difficult. any Suggestions?
  • JacoJaco Member Posts: 835 ✭✭✭✭
    That hurts.
    But at least you have 7 Legendaries :)
  • dunowedunowe Member Posts: 469 ✭✭✭
    So no clear cut consensus, didn t expect so 😉
    @hillclimber indeed , really was the worst possible duplicate i could pull
    @jaco: 2 of the 7 were won (porsche and ofc one of the exiges)
    @TD01055  i was close to selling it, but wanted other opinions, and now more no then yes in the responses...

Well, i ll keep it for the moment, if i ever sell, i ll update this thread with the results.

• DoupaoDoupao Member Posts: 204 ✭✭✭
    at least u have 7 all up. it is one of the weak s cars which only comes handy in lotus events. but dont sell it. i have a few duplicate s cars but not three
  • AntounAntoun Member Posts: 850 ✭✭✭✭
    Well you were not so lucky this time ! Obtaining an S car is almost all the time a great news, but in your case...

I totally agree with you @dunowe when you write that this Lotus is not good enough to keep 3 times 111 copy of it.

But, I would not fuse it in a S car, I think it's a bad idea, and selling it should be the best solution. Like @TD01055 said food is important for f2p players, and if you got only C-Class cars, they should be useful, but you will surely get at least one or two B Class cars or much better who knows...

Not keeping an S car is a bad idea, except in your case. But don't fuse it in a S car...
  • 43MK443MK4 Member Posts: 1,074 ✭✭✭✭
    I dont think that duplicate legendaries are bad.
    I think that bad legendaries are what the problem is.
  • KasplantKasplant Member Posts: 290 ✭✭✭
    Never sell S cars, you will end up with pulling trash.. the odds are just to low. Those Exige will come in handy at one point
    Thanks @Antoun you are pulling me towards selling

@43MK4 i dont really agree, there will always be better legendaries then other, thatis how collecting card games work (yes i am calling topdrives a ccg !). I would never consider selling a second exige, in a lotus only event it will be better on some tracks than all epic lotuses.
    But you cant warrant keeping 3...
    @Kasplant d*mn , just read your comment and valueing you opinion it just pulled me a bit to opposite direction again 😜
    but still not sure about a situation that i will regret having 3 exiges, expect if hutch would some how make a “trade your car for an other with same rarity” functionality.
    @Hutch_Robin , any thoughts on such feature? E.g. input 2 legendaries, output 1legendary, different from the 2 input ones?
  • AntounAntoun Member Posts: 850 ✭✭✭✭
    dunowe said:
    @Kasplant d*mn , just read your comment and valueing you opinion it just pulled me a bit to opposite direction again 😜
    but still not sure about a situation that i will regret having 3 exiges, expect if hutch would some how make a “trade your car for an other with same rarity” functionality.
    @Hutch_Robin , any thoughts on such feature? E.g. input 2 legendaries, output 1legendary, different from the 2 input ones?
    In fact your situation is delicate... For the moment I have sold 2 S cars but not for your reason (it was early in the game, and it was a mistake because if these cars were RQ27 I missed them in another event).

In your case, you already have 3 Exige S and 1 2-Eleven GT4 (if I'm not wrong). In all every other situation I would say to keep it (If it was a great S Car, or if it helps you in daily, if it's a car with specific talent like off-road car for example...) But here, in your situation, selling an Exige is not a bad idea. You already have 7 legendaries, think if this Exige is useful in one case ! If yes so keep it, you will not regret it, but if it's a no, why should you keep this car. And fusing it in a S car is a really BAD idea...

Just one more thing, as you have dropped this legendary today, wait a little bit to sell it, because you will surely get craps if you buy Ceramics today.

That's what I think ;-)
    dunowe said:
    Thanks @Antoun you are pulling me towards selling

@43MK4 i dont really agree, there will always be better legendaries then other, thatis how collecting card games work (yes i am calling topdrives a ccg !). I would never consider selling a second exige, in a lotus only event it will be better on some tracks than all epic lotuses.
    But you cant warrant keeping 3...
    @dunowe of course there should be good and bad legendaries. Exige is a bad legendary, and this is why the author created this thread (not because he has duplicates but coz of bad duplicates).
    I would not complain if I got 3 duplicates of a great legendary.

• TwinkieTwinkie Member Posts: 464 ✭✭✭✭
    edited June 13
    the chances of pulling an epic in 8 ceramics is 2 low... and if u pull an epic the chances of fuse material is very high... so theres like a 1% chance (guessing) to end up with fuse material or better... so i would never... i mean NEVER sell a legendary
    Post edited by Twinkie on
    @43MK4 : so the problem is bad duplicate legendaries: agreed 😉, i would be thrilled to have 3 12Cs!

i ll prob be pulling the trigger and sell, but will take @Antoun s advice and won t dare the RNGgods , so not today.
    That also leaves some time for some one from Hutch staff to react 😇😏.

a simple agreement from hutch that i can rebuy this particular exige back for 275k if hutch ever implements a feature (not event) so this third copy would become valuable again , would be decisive 😜👍 (a man can dream...)
  • CometDanCometDan Member Posts: 1,203 ✭✭✭✭✭
    My argument for using for food - Epics and Legendaries are hard to pull. The Epics you pull are often useful so you don’t want to use them as food. The fact you have 3 of them means you are very unlikely to need more than 1 so in my view use 2 as food. 
    @Twinkie remember  i got to this situation because i needed C class cars, so the end situation will always be better, opening 8 ceramics will alomst certainly lead to 10 or more Cs, so aslong as i forget the intermediate situation, i ll end up a better position...
  • prexprex Member Posts: 592 ✭✭✭✭
    edited June 13
    Particularly because you're F2P I think fusing it is the only legit option! I would never sell it.

It may feel a bit strange but in fact you're replacing an A with it. And, being F2P you know how hard it is to get an A.

Selling it to buy ceramics will most likely end with about 8 to 10 C class, maybe you're lucky and you get one or two B class. But it's unlikely you will get an A (~25% chance to get one or more in 8 packs). But, even if you get an A you're not necessarily on a better position than now. So, you have to multiply that 25% with the fraction of A classes (and S classes) which would put you in a better position.

Anyway: if you're selling it I am interested in the result :D
    dunowe said:
    @Twinkie remember  i got to this situation because i needed C class cars, so the end situation will always be better, opening 8 ceramics will alomst certainly lead to 10 or more Cs, so aslong as i forget the intermediate situation, i ll end up a better position...
    But why should you forget about the intermediate situation?
    That makes no sense to me
    Twinkie said:
    dunowe said:
    But why should you forget about the intermediate situation?
    That makes no sense to me
    "Imma sell all my cars now. The end situation will always be better prepared to me starting the ge months ago"
    prex said:
    Particularly because you're F2P I think fusing it is the only legit option! I would never sell it.

It may feel a bit strange but in fact you're replacing an A with it. And, being F2P you know how hard it is to get an A.

Selling it to buy ceramics will most likely end with about 8 to 10 C class, maybe you're lucky and you get one or two B class. But it's unlikely you will get an A (~25% chance to get one or more in 8 packs). But, even if you get an A you're not necessarily on a better position than now. So, you have to multiply that 25% with the fraction of A classes (and S classes) which would put you in a better position.

Anyway: if you're selling it I am interested in the result :D
    25% nahhh its more like 5-10
    Just keep it, u never know what kind of events Hutch might come up with.
    Hutch also mentioned a future campaign update which will be unlockable based on cars that u have collected, so u never know when this extra S class u got there might get useful.
    Thanks for all the responses!
    Great reasoning @prex! This should really be THE question: what is worth more to me, a food A-class (and long waiting period) or the 8 ceramics (and instant satisfaction/disappointment)...
  • AvengedAvenged Member Posts: 286 ✭✭✭
    Wish I had even a single S besides the McLaren! 😂
    Gifting it to some one would be super great, but oh so exploitable...
  • binnerbinner Member Posts: 129 ✭✭✭
    I know the general concensous is to never sell legendaries, but after trying to use my Porsche Panamara in this event and realizing how bad it really is I decided to sell it to hopefully get some food for my A class Porsche’s. Ended up pulling the mclaren 570s out of one of the packs, even though it’s not the best mclaren it’s definietly an upgrade from the panamara. But then again I was very close to only getting a bunch of junk c class cars 
  • willcf15willcf15 Member Posts: 265 ✭✭✭
    edited June 13
    Hey so for what it's worth, the chance of pulling an epic or better from 8 ceramic packs is 24.7%. If it really is no use to you, even in specialized events, then you could either:

1. Fuse it into another S class, now or eventually (I'd do this one)
    2. Sell it and cross your fingers (I'm not a big risk taker, but make your own choices :P)
    3. Hope that it drops to A class eventually, where it'll kick butt when fused

Edit: fixed probability...oops
    Edit Edit: Ah ****, just saw that @prex already gave you the probability.

Twinkie said:
    prex said:
    [Omitted for length]
    @Twinkie

The number that prex and I gave is the actual number, derived from the data that Hutch provided in the help section. Here's a link to my spreadsheet:

I'm sure prex's looks similar

willcf15 said:
    Hey so for what it's worth, the chance of pulling an epic or better from 8 ceramic packs is 24.7%. If it really is no use to you, even in specialized events, then you could either:

1. Fuse it into another S class, now or eventually (I'd do this one)
    2. Sell it and cross your fingers (I'm not a big risk taker, but make your own choices :P)
    3. Hope that it drops to A class eventually, where it'll kick butt when fused

Edit: fixed probability...oops
    Edit Edit: Ah ****, just saw that @prex already gave you the probability.

Twinkie said:
    prex said:
    [Omitted for length]
    @Twinkie

The number that prex and I gave is the actual number, derived from the data that Hutch provided in the help section. Here's a link to my spreadsheet:

I'm sure prex's looks similar

So your tellin me u have a 25% chance to get 1 Epic in 8 ceramic packs?
    The drop rates for an epic are about 2.5% so thats not possible at all