Help and Support

Troubleshooting

Hutch_DemorphicHutch_Demorphic Hutch Staff Posts: 656 admin
edited June 2016 in Help and Support

I downloaded MMX Racing to claim the free Muscle car but it hasn't unlocked

The Muscle car can be claimed for free if you have installed and played MMX Racing on the same device as MMX Hill Climb.
[This offer is currently only available for Android devices through Google Play]

If MMX Racing has been installed while MMX Hill Climb is running then you will need to close down the game completely and then reopen it in order for the server to check whether you are eligible for the free vehicle. You will then be able to successfully unlock the free Muscle vehicle.

I had 'City Marathon' unlocked but after I updated it is locked again - what happened?

If you played our early version of the game (0.20.1515) and unlocked 'City Marathon' - you may have discovered that the level is locked again - since you updated to the latest version of the game.

This is because the unlock criteria for the level changed between those versions. The downside is that 'City Marathon' is now locked, the upside is that you now have our brand new level 'City Mayhem' unlocked for free!

We had hoped to avoid any quirks like this when moving from the early version to full release but unfortunately this one was unavoidable. We apologise and hope that it won't impact your overall enjoyment of the game.

- The same issue can occur for Desert Marathon, and Snow Marathon - due to a change in unlock condition from version to version.

What should I do if my game crashes?

If you find you’re experiencing crashes whilst playing try the following, they should help improve the situation:

Try rebooting your phone or tablet. Turn your device off and then on again, and launch the game. This will clear out old memory processes, which should help performance.
Check that your device has enough free storage space: lack of space can result in crashes, reduced frame rate and other unexpected issues in any app.
- For iOS: Please go to 'Settings' > 'About' and check 'Capacity' and 'Available'. You can free up space by removing unnecessary apps, for instance.

- For Android: Please go to 'Settings' and check 'Storage'.

Free up device memory by closing apps that are running in the background. To do this, double tap the 'Home' (square) button to see all the apps running in the background, then swipe them upwards to close them.
If you’re finding that the application crashes at a particular point, please contact our support team and we’ll do our best to find a solution for you.

How do I transfer my save between devices or platforms?

There are two ways of saving your game in MMX Hill Climb, you can either save it straight to your device using 'Local Save' or using your Facebook login details using 'Cloud Save'.

Only the Cloud Save option is capable of letting you transfer your game across multiple devices and platforms, so please think carefully about how you choose to save your game.

I have an issue with a purchase I've made. What do I do?

If you have made a purchase and it has not appeared on your account or you require a refund for an accidental purchase, please contact the Hutch customer support team with a copy of your official iTunes or Google Play receipt and your User ID, which can be found on Settings screen in-game; a screenshot of both of those can also be sent to us if that is easier for you.

Once we have that information our team will be able to help you.

The game is running really slowly/laggy but I have a great device, is it me or the game?

We have noticed that some devices can have extremely poor performance when battery optimisation mode/performance mode is switched on. We would strongly advise that these modes are switched off, after which you should see a great improvement in the game's performance.

How do I contact Hutch support?

We try to provide answers to your questions in our FAQ, but sometimes you may want to contact us directly. If you cannot find answers to your questions here, the best and fastest way to get in touch with us is sending an email to support@hutchgames.com. Also feel free to ask for support from the Hutch team and other players here on the forums.

Comments

• RbbikinitRbbikinit Member Posts: 3
    Says I'm not connected when trying to claim my coins, either cell or wifi can be my active connection. I'm in the forum posting this so that proves my internet connection. How do I connect?
    Keep asking which save I want to use when I start the game, local or icloud. I don't recall ever setting either up. So how can I tell it to save local always by default?
  • Hutch_DemorphicHutch_Demorphic Hutch Staff Posts: 656 admin
    These are two ways of saving your game in MMX Hill Climb, you can either save it straight to your device using 'Local Save' or using your Facebook login details using 'Cloud Save'. 

Our preferred method of saving the game is the Cloud Save option, as this is capable of letting you transfer your game across multiple devices and platforms. Occasionally we'll remind you to save this way as it also lets you race against your Facebook friends that play the game too. 

If do use Cloud Save option and at any point you no longer want to use it, all you need to do is remove the app and permissions from your Facebook account. Just open up Facebook, go to 'Apps' (in the left sidebar in a browser or in the 'More' section in the mobile app) and you should be able to make the changes in there. 
    I appreciate the fast response, I don't use FB for any game saves, I've never entered any info to be connected with FB, and there are no games in my FB apps. Any other suggestions?
  • Hutch_DemorphicHutch_Demorphic Hutch Staff Posts: 656 admin
    Please try the following if possible. It's a bit of a workaround and some effort, so apologies.

Jot down your user ID (you can see this in settings, the gear symbol in the top left)

Uninstall game

Turn phone off and on

re-install

Sync to cloud save

Problem should be fixed.

• rouag007rouag007 Member Posts: 1
     B) 
  • mikeymikey Member Posts: 1
    It keeps trying to get me to play upside down
  • GsearchGsearch Member Posts: 442 ✭✭✭
    Play sitting upright.
  • EskilEskil Member Posts: 1
    edited February 27
    JEG brukte himmel lagre og Nå Har JEG mistet Allé biler Som æ hadde oppdatert i løpet av Ett Ars Bruk grrrrr Hjelp.

• Checo01Checo01 Member Posts: 2
    Hi i just bought the buggy & got the big red. How do I fix this?