General Discussion

Road Trip Pick Up Game - EVENT

mikesmikes Member Posts: 3,051 ✭✭✭✭✭
A very open title. Not a clue what it could mean. 

Pickup basketball? RQ21?

Comments

• bullet_splatterbullet_splatter Member Posts: 525 ✭✭✭✭
    Trucks!
  • GilTrucksGilTrucks Member Posts: 308 ✭✭✭
    Time Maloo R8 LSA
  • mikesmikes Member Posts: 3,051 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Trucks!
    D'oh! So obvious.
  • mazeoopsmazeoops Member Posts: 719 ✭✭✭
    H2 SUT is pickup, but H2 SUV is not pickup. Its SUV. 
    I dont know how many pickups do i have. 

• bow6nbow6n Member Posts: 62 ✭✭
    Great! Another event with a RQ limit!! 
  • bobdylanbobdylan Member Posts: 2,800 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Dirt or mix ?
  • Hutch_RobinHutch_Robin Administrator, Hutch Staff Posts: 581 admin
    edited July 10
    bow6n said:
    What cars do you want to play in a pick-up truck event that you can't play with the RQ limit?
    bow6n said:
    What cars do you want to play in a pick-up truck event that you can't play with the RQ limit?
    Well given that my only pick ups. Are raptor, g63 6x6 and the Maloo, that takes up 69 out of 90 RQ leaving 21RQ to to get 2 half decent cars. Just be nice to actually use the full potential of my garage at least once a week. 
  • LittleEnosBurdetteLittleEnosBurdette Member Posts: 1,774 ✭✭✭✭✭
    bow6n said:
    There are quite a few hands the low RQ rules out. 

• Hutch_RobinHutch_Robin Administrator, Hutch Staff Posts: 581 admin
    bow6n said:
    Well given that my only pick ups. Are raptor, g63 6x6 and the Maloo, that takes up 69 out of 90 RQ leaving 21RQ to to get 2 half decent cars. Just be nice to actually use the full potential of my garage at least once a week. 
    Right, that's the event. If you have fewer pick-ups, you select them, and then figure out what else to fill your hand with, with the RQ remaining. If you have lots of pick-ups, you have more strategic options in how you balance your hand.
  • LittleEnosBurdetteLittleEnosBurdette Member Posts: 1,774 ✭✭✭✭✭
    bow6n said:
    bow6n said:
    Fully agree with you, it’s getting ridiculous. 
    bow6n said:
    Right, that's the event. If you have fewer pick-ups, you select them, and then figure out what else to fill your hand with, with the RQ remaining. If you have lots of pick-ups, you have more strategic options in how you balance your hand.
    I just think it’s time to lay of the RQ limits, like 3 x pick up and no legendary isn’t enough of a limit. Or maybe try and have at least one RQ limit free event going on, instead of 3 events all with RQ limits. 
  • HeissRodHeissRod Member Posts: 3,116 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited July 10
    Dang it.  Just fused the orange/brown Nissan Navara yesterday.
  • milewski1015milewski1015 Member Posts: 1,510 ✭✭✭✭✭
    What’s everyone using? Definitely rolling with a maloo, leaning towards a raptor and maybe an el Camino, but it’s hard to justify that with little to no straight drags in the sets
  • Topdriver44089Topdriver44089 Member Posts: 86 ✭✭✭
    I'm in tier 2 with:
    Ford ranger wildtrack rq 17 9/6/9
    H2 SUV rq 14 9/9/6
    El Camino rq 13  9/9/6
    Lotus 340r rq 21 9/6/9
    Carrera GTS rq 25 6/9/9

I dont have raptors or g63s 

• ZumZum Member Posts: 70 ✭✭
    I like the event and I like the RQ-limit, because we really have to think about, what car to use. I have no good Offroad-Pickups, so this could be my hand:
    No chance for tier 1 or two, but interesting. 

That‘s my alternative:

The problem with the Silvia is, that it can‘t climb and is bad at wet races...
    Any advices?
  • hillclimberhillclimber Member Posts: 1,440 ✭✭✭✭✭
    in my opinion the most difficult event I can remember when it comes to car selection. nice contest hutch 👍 maybe nobody is really sure what to use and is waiting for someone else to come up with something great? 😄
  • ljhcjpljhcjp Member Posts: 348 ✭✭✭
    Great event! Still wondering how 1st is leading so commandingly in my bracket 😫 should be wide open in theory. 

• 43MK443MK4 Member Posts: 1,281 ✭✭✭✭✭
    ljhcjp said:
    Great event! Still wondering how 1st is leading so commandingly in my bracket 😫 should be wide open in theory. 

Check his lineup and post it so everyone see that :)

But seriosuly yes, this event is very tricky to find good hand.

• CharlieRCharlieR Member Posts: 464 ✭✭✭✭
    bow6n said:
    bow6n said:
    I just think it’s time to lay of the RQ limits, like 3 x pick up and no legendary isn’t enough of a limit. Or maybe try and have at least one RQ limit free event going on, instead of 3 events all with RQ limits. 
    stop slapping this on each and any event!!!!!! this is really infuriating HUTCH WHAT IS YOUR PROBLEM? WHY CAN'T YOU HAVE BOTH TYPES OF EVENTS AT THE SAME TIME? WHY WE ALWAYS HAVE RQ LIMITED EVENTS

what do you guys think?

I know I wish I had the green Porsche. 
  • Parimal_2000Parimal_2000 Member Posts: 693 ✭✭✭

what do you guys think?

The requirements are pickups × 3 not ×2
    HeissRod said:
    bow6n said:
    bow6n said:
    Maybe consider having a more diverse garage and one that's not so top heavy?
    If it was cheaper to get slots then maybe I would have a more balanced 

what do you guys think?

oops 🤦‍♂️
  • mauro07mauro07 Member Posts: 1,560 ✭✭✭✭
    what is a good hand? 
  • MiroslavStoevMiroslavStoev Member Posts: 128 ✭✭✭

what do you guys think?

oops 🤦‍♂️

Besides that a lot of people at my bracket use Caterham/Lotus for twisty races and two offroaders for hill climb, so with Beat and Fiat you will lose many too many points for two races.
    And El Camino is a must.
  • MiroslavStoevMiroslavStoev Member Posts: 128 ✭✭✭
    mauro07 said:
    what is a good hand? 
    Top 3 in 15 points:

I'm forth at the moment with this hand:

• Huskic69Huskic69 Member Posts: 1,632 ✭✭✭✭✭
    bugatti event, 3x bugatti required, rq limit 45