General Discussion

Good job hutch!

benbqbenbq Member Posts: 582 ✭✭✭✭
I just wanted to say that the recent slew of low RQ events (common ground, mud bath, the current cold snap, etc) has really been a LOT of fun and has kept me logged in to TD much more than events in the past!!

I have no idea if this is just a special “never gonna happen again” time of year but I really hope we get this kind of action more often! 

Comments

• Hutch_RobinHutch_Robin Administrator, Hutch Staff Posts: 558 admin
    edited July 10
    The Mud Bath and Cold Snap events are part of the general rotation of Rarity Limited events. The Common Ground event is also one of those type of events, and was just an extra bonus event.

Sabermetrics, The Dragstrip, and The Gauntlet events are a new kind of event though. They are much more open, and are about competing under different conditions and a tight RQ limit, but ultimately giving the player more freedom. Also, because they're more open, matchmaking is the most open of any event, so you're very likely to play against new players.
  • dodojanikdodojanik Member Posts: 219 ✭✭✭
    I am a big fan of RQ limits in events but lately its just too much, there are Rq limits only.
  • DabigpDabigp Member Posts: 172 ✭✭✭
    Yes great job hutch! Finally i am able to win some events!
  • bobdylanbobdylan Member, Wrenchmen Posts: 2,552 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Need more low RQ prize cars tho to spice it all up (nod nod wink wink) 

And 

Free plastics 
  • AJTheCaveManAJTheCaveMan Member, Wrenchmen Posts: 1,030 ✭✭✭✭
    I agree with the OP. The strategic play created by the variety, and implementation of these limits have really helped to keep me interested. 

• GilTrucksGilTrucks Member Posts: 274 ✭✭✭
    Bugatti said:
    Rysio said:
    Why you limit RQ in most of the events?Why when is common, umcommon or any other kind of event you still limit RQ?Car category is enough restriction?What happend with main events?Do we have to wait whole month again?
    Top Drives is also about collecting a diverse garage of cars, so we're always going to have a diverse range of events.

Car category isn't enough of a restriction. A common point raised is that hands can be too similar in events. RQ limits in a Super Rare event mean that, on average, more cars are useful in the Super Rare category, not just the top RQ level. So players will tend to experiment with more cards and face players with different hands.
    It would be nice if there was both limit and no limit running together. Pretty boring if not...
    Hi @Bugatti ;
  • hillclimberhillclimber Member Posts: 1,156 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Bugatti said:
    Rysio said:
    Why you limit RQ in most of the events?Why when is common, umcommon or any other kind of event you still limit RQ?Car category is enough restriction?What happend with main events?Do we have to wait whole month again?
    Top Drives is also about collecting a diverse garage of cars, so we're always going to have a diverse range of events.

Car category isn't enough of a restriction. A common point raised is that hands can be too similar in events. RQ limits in a Super Rare event mean that, on average, more cars are useful in the Super Rare category, not just the top RQ level. So players will tend to experiment with more cards and face players with different hands.
    It would be nice if there was both limit and no limit running together. Pretty boring if not...
    you agree with Rysio? 😮

good to have you back 😉