General Discussion

Patch 6.0 Discussion Thread

Comments

• flight4590flight4590 Member Posts: 543 ✭✭✭
    HeissRod said:
    I like that the QX70 is moving up.  We had too many offroaders in the B-class and almost none in the A-class.

And you aren't the only one being bit by an update.  You're whining about not being able to max your new QX70?  Well, I drew a Porsche Cayenne GTS right before the last update, when it moved up to Legendary.  I had a small chance to upgrade it when it was an Epic, but now it will most likely stay at 1.3 forever.  Such is life.  Better or different cars will come along and the game is still enjoyable.  Quit being so dang negative.
    I thought I had it bad there..  I do agree about the A class offroader gap, even if Hutch grew it with the Cayenne. 

I'm fine with some pickups being moved up but the SUVs like the Vitara are absurd to me.
  • prexprex Member Posts: 621 ✭✭✭✭
    edited July 12
    El Camino bashing will probably end as we are getting new point allocation for drags.

Regarding that QX70: max it now and you might benefit. It will still be superior to other SUVs but will be rarer and more costly for other players now. True, this comes with a little higher RQ cost.
    I understand you’re salty about the QX70 - I would be too but I don’t have one. Look at it this way - you’re getting free food for a legendary.
    It's my best off road car...  That's why I'm mad.  My hand is maxes at around 100. For pete's sake I'm using the TRIBECA in my hand.  THAT'S how mediocre it is.
  • lemmings99olemmings99o Member Posts: 709 ✭✭✭✭
    I'm just glad the beat isn't going to uncommon, but I can see it going to maybe rq5?
    prex said:
    El Camino bashing will probably end as we are getting new point allocation for drags.

Regarding that QX70: max it now and you might benefit. It will still be superior to other SUVs but will be rarer and more costly for other players now. True, this comes with a little higher RQ cost.
    I have to max my Caterham JPE, my GT3, start on the CT6, AND start on the Maxi.  I'mstrapped for B classes to use for fuse.
  • TwinkieTwinkie Member Posts: 608 ✭✭✭✭
    Beat wont be 5rq... maybe 4 maybe 3
    lemmings99o said:
    I'm just glad the beat isn't going to uncommon, but I can see it going to maybe rq5?

• Carlos_RacineCarlos_Racine Member Posts: 54 ✭✭
    edited July 12
    Wring Post, sorry
  • bobdylanbobdylan Member Posts: 2,693 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Personally... I like shifting RQ limits . 
    Because eventually every one cottons on to what cars are vest at what in what field or category . 
    I have 5 orange elises !!!! 330 the 2x 303 2x 303 because it was so good at blue ... the chevette  HSR  another great rare ... now that they move it means my rare garage needs work on again and it's tinkering with the car collection that's the most fun. 
    Then when you just think it's sorted along comes the next changes . 

Can't wait puegot and VW to blow it all wide open again 
  • DomesticMDomesticM Member Posts: 370 ✭✭✭
    Looks good but I am not sure I want to rebuild my Rare-Common-Uncommon garage again. 

Where did you get that list? I can’t find it anywhere 
  • ATSR_997ATSR_997 Member Posts: 503 ✭✭✭✭
    Why not just define a FIXED set of parameters that determines the RQ for every car in the game so we don't have to go through all this nonsense after every update?

Unless Hutch is doing this on purpose to get us to keep spending endlessly upgrading cars after every update...
    DomesticM said:
    Looks good but I am not sure I want to rebuild my Rare-Common-Uncommon garage again. 

Where did you get that list? I can’t find it anywhere 
    Go to newest news&announcement post and scroll a bit down... theres a link somewhere
  • Huskic69Huskic69 Member Posts: 1,595 ✭✭✭✭✭
    i have collected enough rares that will move up class that i can max an ultra rare from them lol
    When did you get jail 🙈🙈🙈
  • rkorallerkoralle Member Posts: 290 ✭✭✭
    El Camino still is D Class?
  • NinjaDesignzNinjaDesignz Member Posts: 1,023 ✭✭✭✭✭
    rkoralle said:
    And the Honda Beat is still 3 RQ.
    Very clever name for a car that beats almost everyone in its tier lol
    rkoralle said:
    And the Honda Beat is still 3 RQ.
    is this your compromise? 
  • EndlessWavesEndlessWaves Member Posts: 152 ✭✭✭
    I think the issue people have with this patch is the diluting of the packs and the destruction of low end garages. At least that's what I saw on the emoji forum. Cars like the rq14 ranger will be in ceramic packs and the Mitsubishi outlander will be found in cf packs now which is rather annoying. I can see their point of view on it as we all spent a lot of time and resources collecting these top tier cars only to see them be useless at bottom tiers.

On thw other hand, some of the changes are necessary like moving the elise. We can all agree that thing was OP. But yeah, bumping up 40 cars seems a bit excessive in my eyes. Hopefully the changes seem reasonable with the introduction of new cars
    It's kind of unfortunate the changes have been presented this way. It does allow easy planning, but it presents a misleading first impression of what balance changes are actually happening.

It's likely that we're seeing a general reshuffle of RQ to move the performance level of each RQ downwards and most of these changes aren't individual balance changes, just the cars being moved to the correct performance group for the new levels. I'd expect around four times as many RQ changes in total, with equal numbers of cars from each of the three lower RQs in each rarity being pushed up by an RQ. 

The developers seem to aim to have the same number of cars at each RQ, so this sort of shuffling will happen whenever cars are added unless they're scattered across all RQs equally.  It also means there'll be no 'dilution' of packs, you'll still have the same chance to draw an RQ18 as an RQ15 and so forth after the patch.

I suspect the reason for having the same number of cars at each RQ is pack draw fairness. I think it's the only way to ensure that all cars in a rarity have an equal chance of being drawn and you're also equally likely to get an card from each of the four RQs. 
  • DontTazeMehBroDontTazeMehBro Member Posts: 21
    I think the issue people have with this patch is the diluting of the packs and the destruction of low end garages. At least that's what I saw on the emoji forum. Cars like the rq14 ranger will be in ceramic packs and the Mitsubishi outlander will be found in cf packs now which is rather annoying. I can see their point of view on it as we all spent a lot of time and resources collecting these top tier cars only to see them be useless at bottom tiers.

On thw other hand, some of the changes are necessary like moving the elise. We can all agree that thing was OP. But yeah, bumping up 40 cars seems a bit excessive in my eyes. Hopefully the changes seem reasonable with the introduction of new cars
    It's kind of unfortunate the changes have been presented this way. It does allow easy planning, but it presents a misleading first impression of what balance changes are actually happening.

It's likely that we're seeing a general reshuffle of RQ to move the performance level of each RQ downwards and most of these changes aren't individual balance changes, just the cars being moved to the correct performance group for the new levels. I'd expect around four times as many RQ changes in total, with equal numbers of cars from each of the three lower RQs in each rarity being pushed up by an RQ. 

The developers seem to aim to have the same number of cars at each RQ, so this sort of shuffling will happen whenever cars are added unless they're scattered across all RQs equally.  It also means there'll be no 'dilution' of packs, you'll still have the same chance to draw an RQ18 as an RQ15 and so forth after the patch.

I suspect the reason for having the same number of cars at each RQ is pack draw fairness. I think it's the only way to ensure that all cars in a rarity have an equal chance of being drawn and you're also equally likely to get an card from each of the four RQs. 
    They didn’t have to change any RQ.  Just added new cars to the already established RQ.
  • TNThomasTNThomas Member Posts: 468 ✭✭✭
    I hope Hutch releases the update today! The wait is hard, I want to know what Mazda models are in the game.
    Why they do dis? 😥
    We got pranked
    Best laid plans of mice and men .... 

Still , not quite on pah with the grandturismo boys ... they set the bar when it comes to release date changes 
  • NinjaDesignzNinjaDesignz Member Posts: 1,023 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited July 13
    Olli8888 said:
    Its 7th of December 
    In America it is ;) 
  • funbreakefunbreake Member Posts: 96 ✭✭✭
    Olli8888 said:
    Its 7th of December 
    Funbrake