General Discussion

Why does this game cheat?

HamsterHamster Member Posts: 2
edited May 23 in General Discussion
The AI in this game cheats! There have been several times on the rush tracks where we will both be in the air (with me in front) and suddenly, the AI car will get about 7 or 8 speed boosts and jump out ahead of me before we land.
A minute ago, the AI truck passed me like I was standing still and all 4 wheels were missing off his truck!!!

Answers

• Hutch_MattHutch_Matt Administrator, Hutch Staff Posts: 290 admin
    I can assure you that it does not.  It is not a programmed AI but actually ghosts that we have recorded ourselves, playing in the same cars and in the same ways you all do.
    If it appears to get a speed boost then try to stay with it during a run and see what they do differently to you.  It may be that they are slowing down a bit in places to get as smooth a jump/landing as possible.
  • mmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmm Member Posts: 1
     <3 <3  
  • HamsterHamster Member Posts: 2
    I can assure you that it does not.  It is not a programmed AI but actually ghosts that we have recorded ourselves, playing in the same cars and in the same ways you all do.
    If it appears to get a speed boost then try to stay with it during a run and see what they do differently to you.  It may be that they are slowing down a bit in places to get as smooth a jump/landing as possible.
    That still doesn't explain how a truck with all 4 wheels missing, can still accelerate past me and keep climbing hills and uphill collapsible bridges faster than me.

• produne14produne14 Member Posts: 129 ✭✭
    Hamster said:
    That still doesn't explain how a truck with all 4 wheels missing, can still accelerate past me and keep climbing hills and uphill collapsible bridges faster than me.

That's a ghost bug. Diring real recording it did not lose 4 wheels. But for the ghost of those things happen randomly. Try following ghost several times. It will have different results. Maybe 2 wheels.