General Discussion

Messages being spammed or awaiting approval?

Hutch_DemorphicHutch_Demorphic Administrator, Hutch Staff Posts: 1,076 admin
edited August 20 in General Discussion
Are you posting into the forum and getting an 'awaiting approval' message in response?
Tired of having something interesting to say and not being able to say it? This sucks, and you deserve better.

Many of us live with the constant fear of being 'placed in the spam queue'. Never knowing why or when it will strike.
The rules are not clear, the results disappointing. You are not alone, many others share this affliction, often in silence.

With New, updated Mega Intelligent Spam Filter, your worries are over. Post into the forums stress free. If you get flagged for spam or asked to wait and your message is legitimate, you will be white listed and never have to worry about being flagged again.

Life just got better.

(Results are not guaranteed, previous comments may have been lost, please read terms & conditions before applying, your house may be at risk, always read the label, performance may vary).

Comments

• LEGENDNADALEGENDNADA Member Posts: 204 ✭✭✭
    Thanks Hutch 
  • TGPDTGPD Member Posts: 4,321 ✭✭✭✭✭
    you guys honestly make me cringe with these types of posts lol
  • Huskic69Huskic69 Member Posts: 1,479 ✭✭✭✭✭
    sounds like you wanna sell me some "as seen on tv" product 
    Huskic69 said:
    sounds like you wanna sell me some "as seen on tv" product 
    oh yeah "your house may be at risk" lol
    you knees will also be at risk if you don't keep up repayments
  • hillclimberhillclimber Member Posts: 1,238 ✭✭✭✭✭
    @Hutch_Demorphic has the uploading bug reported to you? We can't upload pictures and files in general since maybe a week ago in the chats (threads are not affected).

@Hutch_Demorphic has the uploading bug reported to you? We can't upload pictures and files in general since maybe a week ago in the chats (threads are not affected).

threads on mobile are
  • grandvachegrandvache Member Posts: 1,323 ✭✭✭✭✭
    You guys are a tough audience
    Tish and pish.  You guys write the most entertaining patch notes I've ever encountered.
  • lg29lg29 Member Posts: 470 ✭✭✭
    edited August 20
    You should make a commercial for this!
    the beginning starts out in black & white with a man and a woman crying because they got placed in the spam list. 
    But, then the new Mega Intelligent Spam Filter is introduced,
    their world becomes in color again and inspirational music flows through. 
    They begin posting while smiling and laughing in slow motion. Two scenes toggle back and forth, them walking in a park with the sun out with they are smiling, and them posting freely on the forum.
    At the end a man says all the side effects very quickly
  • Blue2moroBlue2moro Member Posts: 130 ✭✭✭
    How long does this whitelisting take you speak of? I had a post held a couple days ago. Never came up but when I logged back in later that day it was saved as a draft and I was able to resubmit. Had a comment and a thread held today and as I’m typing this I realise it probably won’t even get through. Why am I still typing? I dunno. Going a bit loopy. Who dis?
  • AJTheCaveManAJTheCaveMan Member, Wrenchmen Posts: 1,166 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Tough crowd, indeed!

I appreciate the clarification. I've had a couple of users PM about this and I've been running into it myself. 
  • Hutch_DemorphicHutch_Demorphic Administrator, Hutch Staff Posts: 1,076 admin
    I've seen your threads in the spam queue, approved them and white listed you all as posters
  • TheTruePwnzorTheTruePwnzor Member Posts: 110 ✭✭✭
    My posts definitely look like spam. They're vaguely reminiscent of a piece of ham and almost exclusively enjoyed in Hawaii.
  • GsearchGsearch Member, Wrenchmen, Senior Wrenchmen Posts: 2,069 ✭✭✭✭✭
    People, do not post again if it gets caught in the filter.  We are approving the comments on the regular, if you double post, they will both show up when we do.
  • AJTheCaveManAJTheCaveMan Member, Wrenchmen Posts: 1,166 ✭✭✭✭✭
    It's sorted for me now after a few days. Thanks Tim.
  • RysioRysio Member Posts: 392 ✭✭✭
    Gsearch said:
    People, do not post again if it gets caught in the filter.  We are approving the comments on the regular, if you double post, they will both show up when we do.
    On regular you saying?Why I have to wait for days to my post appear?

Rysio said:
    Gsearch said:
    On regular you saying?Why I have to wait for days to my post appear?
    Gsearch saying that if your first post is not automatically posted (waiting on approval), making duplicate posts (several versions of the same post) means that when you are white listed, all of your posts will go live, including all of the duplicates. So better to leave the first post and wait for white listing.
    Huskic69 said:

You have been white listed now and free to post.
    I've been seeing some duplicate posts from different people, don't know if this is another error?
  • GsearchGsearch Member, Wrenchmen, Senior Wrenchmen Posts: 2,069 ✭✭✭✭✭
    TGPD said:
    I've been seeing some duplicate posts from different people, don't know if this is another error?
    It's not, people repost because the first one got blocked, once approved there are two.
  • HeissRodHeissRod Member Posts: 2,703 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Huskic69 said:

That was a big mistake
    HeissRod said:
    Huskic69 said:

That was a big mistake
    Time will tell!
    HeissRod said:
    Huskic69 said:

That was a big mistake
    time to taste the power of trump hhehehhahahahahaha
  • GT47LMGT47LM Member Posts: 207 ✭✭✭
    edited August 30
    I keep receiving messages that my comments and posts have to be approved. Am I still on a list? 

Update: Disregard this message, I can now post :) 
  • grandvachegrandvache Member Posts: 1,323 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Guys can you PLEASE whitelist me?
  • Ernst_WomoErnst_Womo Member Posts: 80 ✭✭
    @Hutch_Demorphic,
    the first time, that my posts are under arrest. 😉Could you check them please? 😇
  • lukec436lukec436 Member Posts: 73 ✭✭
    I've been held hostage as of yesterday. I'm scared and in need of assistance :( the only way to help is to whitelist me so I can papercut my foes!
  • 43MK443MK4 Member Posts: 1,172 ✭✭✭✭

It happens to me daily that I cant post anything and messages are awaiting approval. So annoying.

Is it happening to everyone, or have I somehow been blacklisted?

• lemmings99olemmings99o Member Posts: 668 ✭✭✭✭
    Seems mine are awaiting approval whenever I quote another quote