General Discussion

Proposed car corrections for PL7

Comments

• LittleEnosBurdetteLittleEnosBurdette Member Posts: 1,774 ✭✭✭✭✭
    I have a question about the BMW 335d (ultra rare). Since it's going to be 4WD, will the handling reduce? 88 handling, 4wd and standard tyres with sub 4 sec. 0-60 looks too good for an ultra rare.
    It’s performance tyres. 
    43MK4 said:
    @LittleEnosBurdette thanks for posting that Zonda 760 RS info! I checked your links and looks like you are fully correct. Was totally unaware about this error on the car.
    So now looks like we have yet another trophy car that needs fixing.
    I can’t take all the credit. 🤭 It was pointed out to Hutch when it was awarded by @Rysio
  • 43MK443MK4 Member Posts: 1,281 ✭✭✭✭✭
    43MK4 said:
    @LittleEnosBurdette thanks for posting that Zonda 760 RS info! I checked your links and looks like you are fully correct. Was totally unaware about this error on the car.
    So now looks like we have yet another trophy car that needs fixing.
    I can’t take all the credit. 🤭 It was pointed out to Hutch when it was awarded by @Rysio
    Thats a while ago then. It will be a good time then to get it fixed now.
  • antonyhopantonyhop Member Posts: 65 ✭✭✭
    HeissRod said:
    greddy said:
    HeissRod said:
    greddy said:
    To be honest.. al S and RS Audis and Porsches, AMGs, BMW M suvs should have performance tires.
    Have you researched which did and did not come with performance tires as standard, non-optioned OEM equipment, before making a blanket statement like that?
    Dont need to do research to know that high performance suvs are not made for terrain. Even there handling sucks for some twisty road. They are highway bombers. If you drove some of them you would know that. For some reference last month i was driving few days X3M and yes sucks big time on curvy roads. But its ok for Highway / Autobahn with his 370HP. 

And about tires.. audi SQ5, SQ7, Porsche Cayenne, Macan and even that little X3M usually come with Continental Sport Contact or something similar. There is no All Surface tire capable doing 250km/h on market. 

Saying that... i know all this suvs would be useless in game without all surface tires so i understand why they are using it. 
    I actually own a performance SUV, and have driven them for the last 12 years, but thanks for assuming I haven't.  Not sure why you threw these comments in about cornering, as my question was only about the tires, though?  We're specifically talking about the tires fitted, which you want to change arbitrarily, without any evidence to support your statement.

The Porsche Macan Turbo OEM standard tire is the Pirelli Scorpion Verde All Season tire, speed rated to 149mph/240kph.  The optional tire was the Continental ContiSportContact 5 Summer tire, speed rated to 186mph/300kph.  In fact, here is an excerpt from the current Macan brochure:
    "All tires have been optimized for driving performance, handling, rolling resistance and weight. Wheel sizes between 18-inch and 20-inch come with all-season tires as standard. High performance summer tires are available as a no cost option. All 21-inch wheels come with summer tires as standard." 

As Hutch has said before, they are using standard, non-optional tires on their vehicles.

Unless your country belongs to the “hot climate zone” in which case all german manufacturers will equip their performance SUVs with performance tyres only. But i am sure in UK where hutch originates, they ship them will all seasons 
  • TduTdu Member Posts: 3
    And please change picture of Safrane biturbo 

• hillclimberhillclimber Member Posts: 1,440 ✭✭✭✭✭
    I need help, can't check all the 900 cars by myself. The Camaro Z28 has a ground clearance of 90mm (3.5 in.).
    https://media.chevrolet.com/media/us/en/chevrolet/vehicles/camaro-z28/2015.tab1.html
    let's assume this is the magic number for either being low or medium. Does someone has other examples for cars that should be according to this low but are medium ground clearance and also of course the other way around?

• PulsatingstarPulsatingstar Member Posts: 77 ✭✭✭
    Ground clearance and ride height are not the same things. A high car with huge overhangs is still going to be terrible off-road.
  • TD01055TD01055 Member Posts: 1,342 ✭✭✭✭✭
    This is funny. Every time hutch tells us about changes to cars we all moan for a bit and then accept the changes. Can we skip to the last step? I’m gonna go ahead and assume hutch has put more effort researching changes than 5 minutes on google. They won’t get all corrections in one hit, but there’s a dedicated thread for car corrections.

so are we hoarding Escalades and silverados?
    edited September 13
    Ground clearance and ride height are not the same things. A high car with huge overhangs is still going to be terrible off-road.
    yes ground clearance is over what you can drive, ride height is under what you can drive. quiet confusing...

• joel24joel24 Member Posts: 486 ✭✭✭
    yes ground clearance is over what you can drive, ride height is under what you can drive. quiet confusing...

Pic for the other way round xd
  • TGPDTGPD Member Posts: 4,392 ✭✭✭✭✭
    I need help, can't check all the 900 cars by myself. The Camaro Z28 has a ground clearance of 90mm (3.5 in.).
    https://media.chevrolet.com/media/us/en/chevrolet/vehicles/camaro-z28/2015.tab1.html
    let's assume this is the magic number for either being low or medium. Does someone has other examples for cars that should be according to this low but are medium ground clearance and also of course the other way around?

The Jaguar Project 8 has a ground clearance of 110mm
    According to this:
    https://www.car.info/en-se/jaguar/xe/xe-50-v8-awd-sa8-2017-16177614/specs
    I remember we had this debate a while ago, and Hutch wanted it to be low ground clearance.
  • RidingDutchmanRidingDutchman Member Posts: 81 ✭✭
    antonyhop said:
    HeissRod said:
    greddy said:
    HeissRod said:
    greddy said:
    To be honest.. al S and RS Audis and Porsches, AMGs, BMW M suvs should have performance tires.
    Have you researched which did and did not come with performance tires as standard, non-optioned OEM equipment, before making a blanket statement like that?
    Dont need to do research to know that high performance suvs are not made for terrain. Even there handling sucks for some twisty road. They are highway bombers. If you drove some of them you would know that. For some reference last month i was driving few days X3M and yes sucks big time on curvy roads. But its ok for Highway / Autobahn with his 370HP. 

And about tires.. audi SQ5, SQ7, Porsche Cayenne, Macan and even that little X3M usually come with Continental Sport Contact or something similar. There is no All Surface tire capable doing 250km/h on market. 

Saying that... i know all this suvs would be useless in game without all surface tires so i understand why they are using it. 
    I actually own a performance SUV, and have driven them for the last 12 years, but thanks for assuming I haven't.  Not sure why you threw these comments in about cornering, as my question was only about the tires, though?  We're specifically talking about the tires fitted, which you want to change arbitrarily, without any evidence to support your statement.

The Porsche Macan Turbo OEM standard tire is the Pirelli Scorpion Verde All Season tire, speed rated to 149mph/240kph.  The optional tire was the Continental ContiSportContact 5 Summer tire, speed rated to 186mph/300kph.  In fact, here is an excerpt from the current Macan brochure:
    "All tires have been optimized for driving performance, handling, rolling resistance and weight. Wheel sizes between 18-inch and 20-inch come with all-season tires as standard. High performance summer tires are available as a no cost option. All 21-inch wheels come with summer tires as standard." 

As Hutch has said before, they are using standard, non-optional tires on their vehicles.

Unless your country belongs to the “hot climate zone” in which case all german manufacturers will equip their performance SUVs with performance tyres only. But i am sure in UK where hutch originates, they ship them will all seasons 
    In Germany you are actually obliged by law to run all season/winter tyres in winter like conditions. I'm not from Germany myself but I would assume people having at least a set of winters around if they want summers in the summer. 
  • flight4590flight4590 Member Posts: 549 ✭✭✭
    edited September 13
    Rangers are getting sold in the US again Hutch. (Edit) it’s the same Ranger you are considering the change to, just change the year to 2019 and keep it as US.

number 32 though..  oh man.  I’m going to have to use my Mustang in every daily now.
  • Hutch_TimHutch_Tim Administrator, Hutch Staff Posts: 387 admin
    TGPD said:
    Don't change the ride height of the Camaro. Then you will have to change ride height of every muscle car ingame.
    You call out which muscle cars have lower ground clearance with sources cited, we'll check them out!

HeissRod said:
    1) How can the Hummer H3's power and torque increase, but not the performance?  Bumping the hp to 242 is a lot.  Upgrading the engine 1.3 > 2.3 currently bumps it from 220 > 235hp.
    I appreciate that looks odd - the car's in-game performance curve is derived from the available data, and those stats listing Power and Torque are just listed from available data too, rather than derived from the performance curve. That's why they can change independently.

@TD01055 said:
    Few questions 
    will the Mclarens’ performance degrade with increased weight?
    Will the trans-ams grip go up with the tyre change?
    With the jags, will the GT mra go up or the convertibles down, or a bit of both?

overall happy with the changes and glad you’re listening to feedback!
    McLarens: Acceleration, top speed and grip won't change (as those come from the car at its correct weight rather than dry weight). There will be a very slight impact on cornering, where weight matters.

Trans-am: No change in grip, this was just a mistake.

Thanks to @HeissRod and @greddy for investigating tires, I believe this means things remain as they are according to our policy!

Also to re-cap for those who missed when I posted it first time around: the RQ calculation will be rerun when we have the final list of cars, corrections, and physics simulation fixes for the new update. As usual we will give advance notice of any rarity changes.

• RobGripesRobGripes Member Posts: 1,637 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Rangers are getting sold in the US again Hutch. (Edit) it’s the same Ranger you are considering the change to, just change the year to 2019 and keep it as US.

number 32 though..  oh man.  I’m going to have to use my Mustang in every daily now.
    Actually, come to think of it my Dakar now has a purpose! on-Road of course...  ;)
    Hutch_Tim said:
    TGPD said:
    Don't change the ride height of the Camaro. Then you will have to change ride height of every muscle car ingame.
    You call out which muscle cars have lower ground clearance with sources cited, we'll check them out!

HeissRod said:
    1) How can the Hummer H3's power and torque increase, but not the performance?  Bumping the hp to 242 is a lot.  Upgrading the engine 1.3 > 2.3 currently bumps it from 220 > 235hp.
    I appreciate that looks odd - the car's in-game performance curve is derived from the available data, and those stats listing Power and Torque are just listed from available data too, rather than derived from the performance curve. That's why they can change independently.

@TD01055 said:
    Few questions 
    will the Mclarens’ performance degrade with increased weight?
    Will the trans-ams grip go up with the tyre change?
    With the jags, will the GT mra go up or the convertibles down, or a bit of both?

overall happy with the changes and glad you’re listening to feedback!
    McLarens: Acceleration, top speed and grip won't change (as those come from the car at its correct weight rather than dry weight). There will be a very slight impact on cornering, where weight matters.

Trans-am: No change in grip, this was just a mistake.

Thanks to @HeissRod and @greddy for investigating tires, I believe this means things remain as they are according to our policy!

Also to re-cap for those who missed when I posted it first time around: the RQ calculation will be rerun when we have the final list of cars, corrections, and physics simulation fixes for the new update. As usual we will give advance notice of any rarity changes.

If the XJ-S Trans-Am gets slick tires and then the RQ calculation is rerun it will go down in RQ by 2-3 I guess and in raraty to rare. Are you certain that's a smart thing to do?
  • TGPDTGPD Member Posts: 4,392 ✭✭✭✭✭
    @Hutch_Tim I will use 110mm as a benchmark. Lower than that I will consider it to be low and vice versa.
    I think all the Camaros should stay the same, where they are
    Ford Mustang Boss 302 has 5.4in (13.7cm) of ground clearance, according to this C&D report:
    http://media.caranddriver.com/files/2012-ford-mustang-boss-302-test-review-car-and-driver2012-ford-mustang-boss-302.pdf
    New Ford Mustang has 5.9in (15cm) of ground clearance, according to this website:
    http://autotk.com/dimensions/ford/mustang/2016/
    A couple more notes:

Regarding the Caterham RS Levante's traction control, as noted in the Evo article cited, the traction and launch control systems weren't working when they tested it. We'd need to find some confirmation that these definitely worked at some point.

As for the Pagani Zonda 760 RS, the top speed and 0-60 times cited at the links given are manufacturer claims. When you see data different to that in-game, that means we're using independently observed performance figures. To make adjustments to these we'd need to see independent sources verifying the claims!

• benbqbenbq Member Posts: 590 ✭✭✭✭
    Also can confirm the Ford ranger being sold in the US!
  • G_anlucaG_anluca Member Posts: 237 ✭✭✭
    the image of the fiat uno turbo belong to the 1989-93 edition. That is not an iconic car at all, has differents specs and, cause it looks like the Fiat Tipo, was named "tipino". And is sh**t in comparison of the Uno Turbo '85. https://it.wikipedia.org/wiki/Fiat_Uno_Turbo

The correct image car for the UNO TURBO is something like this:
    Risultati immagini per uno turbo 85
    So you discredit the Levante traction control claim due to an Evo article yet won’t use Evo figures for the 760RS? That makes little sense to me, it’s a one off special so you would expect the manufacturers figures to be used. What independent performance figures did you use for the Pagani? I can’t find anything on the web pointing to that performance, as far as I can see you’ve used the performance figures of the Huayra by mistake no?
    Yep, because we prioritise observed performance over claimed.

From the Evo article, they are very clear about it:

Meanwhile when we asked Evo for the performance figures to use in-game, they supplied what you currently see.

I'm not quite sure what you mean referring to the Huayra, the figures are different?
  • IntrovertDuckIntrovertDuck Member Posts: 16
    I mentioned some mistakes in the bug thread long time ago, but it seems not to be in the list. Theres alot of mistakes tbh but here some of them for now.

Mercedes-AMG E 63 (RQ24)
    Wrong picture, currently it shows the W212 model, should be facelifted W211.
    Mercedes-Benz E 63 AMG -
    Mercedes-AMG A 45 (RQ 26)
    Acceleration should be slower, currently shows 0-60 mph 4.0s. Almost all reviewers stated 0-60 mph in 4.2s. You could crosscheck this with other websites.
    https://www.autoexpress.co.uk/mercedes/a-class/92812/new-mercedes-amg-a45-2016-review

Mercedes-AMG CLK DTM (RQ 25)
    Mid-Range Acceleration seems very off, very terrible actually. Even though it has alot of torque, still got beaten by a Boxter and other lower torque cars.

Mazda RX-7 Spirit R (RQ 19)
    Wrong model year, currently shows 1992. The Spirit R only came in 2002-2004. It is the last batch of FD RX-7.
    https://www.edwardlees.com.au/model-reviews/mazda/mazda-rx7-series-8/

Mazda RX-7 Type RS (RQ19)
    Wrong model year, currently shows 1992. Type RS is only available in JDM Series 8 form, production year starts from 1999.
    https://www.edwardlees.com.au/model-reviews/mazda/mazda-rx7-series-8/

Mazda 6 (RQ10)
    Wrong model year, currently shows 2018. The data is based on early model, lower-trim, 2.0 petrol. Production starts from 2013.
    And acceleration should be slower, since it uses CX-3/3 engine but with much more weight. Currently shows 0-60 9.0s. Based on the web i attached, 0-60 time is 9.6s.
    https://www.autoexpress.co.uk/mazda/6/62013/estate

I also want to mention the Epic RQ 30 Audis, and the RQ 28 Alfa Giulia Quadsomething, please take a look on them because the RQ level of those cars is too high for what they should be.

Hutch_Tim said:
    So you discredit the Levante traction control claim due to an Evo article yet won’t use Evo figures for the 760RS? That makes little sense to me, it’s a one off special so you would expect the manufacturers figures to be used. What independent performance figures did you use for the Pagani? I can’t find anything on the web pointing to that performance, as far as I can see you’ve used the performance figures of the Huayra by mistake no?
    Yep, because we prioritise observed performance over claimed.

From the Evo article, they are very clear about it:

Meanwhile when we asked Evo for the performance figures to use in-game, they supplied what you currently see.

I'm not quite sure what you mean referring to the Huayra, the figures are different?
    I’m confused, why aren’t you using the figures they supplied you to use in the game?
    The performance figures (top speed, 0-60) in the game for the RS are that of the Huarya in real life is what I mean.  
  • hajduk_fanhajduk_fan Member Posts: 225 ✭✭✭
    edited September 13

Mercedes-AMG A 45 (RQ 26)
    Acceleration should be slower, currently shows 0-60 mph 4.0s. Almost all reviewers stated 0-60 mph in 4.2s. You could crosscheck this with other websites.
    https://www.autoexpress.co.uk/mercedes/a-class/92812/new-mercedes-amg-a45-2016-review

It says 4.2s is time from 0 to 62 which is 100km/h (standard in most countries). 0-60 is up to 96.5km/h which is standard in UK+US only.

So 4.0s is correct.
  • sinnersinner Member Posts: 664 ✭✭✭✭
    Hutch_Tim said:
    A couple more notes:

Regarding the Caterham RS Levante's traction control, as noted in the Evo article cited, the traction and launch control systems weren't working when they tested it. We'd need to find some confirmation that these definitely worked at some point.

As for the Pagani Zonda 760 RS, the top speed and 0-60 times cited at the links given are manufacturer claims. When you see data different to that in-game, that means we're using independently observed performance figures. To make adjustments to these we'd need to see independent sources verifying the claims!

It has traction control as stated by the manufacturer. It just wasnt working, i cant understand why you wouldnt add it.
  • hajduk_fanhajduk_fan Member Posts: 225 ✭✭✭
    But were they able to fix it?

If the car has TC but it's not working, it's like it doesn't have it at all. If they fixed it, it should have it.
  • grandvachegrandvache Member Posts: 1,434 ✭✭✭✭✭

If the car has TC but it's not working, it's like it doesn't have it at all. If they fixed it, it should have it.
    @bobdylan didn't you say you know someone who has one?
  • sinnersinner Member Posts: 664 ✭✭✭✭

It was only not working on the one they tested. 
This discussion has been closed.