General Discussion

Proposed car corrections for PL7

1235789

Comments

  • 43MK443MK4 Member Posts: 1,281 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Thanks for the feedback on the Pagani @Hutch_Tim at least you can have a look and see where the discrepancy comes in, for it to be arguably the most extreme Pagani released and have those figures doesn’t seem right. 
    Like u mentioned before, the actual in game performance of 760 RS is almost exact like in case of Huayra. In big majority of cases Huayra is even better. But is it really the case in real life?
  • joel24joel24 Member Posts: 486 ✭✭✭
    If I remember correctly, way back ... .. Before porsche update, I think the levante had tc. I used to think "this car is op with tc and all...." I could be wrong.
  • HeissRodHeissRod Member Posts: 3,116 ✭✭✭✭✭
    bobdylan said:


    Waiting on the answer .... don't actually  need traction control  looking at this WOW
    Pretty sure I hear some traction loss around 0:38.  That would definitely need traction control.  lol
  • TGPDTGPD Member Posts: 4,392 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Didn't see an orange triangle anywhere in the video tho
  • GsearchGsearch Member, Wrenchmen, Senior Wrenchmen Posts: 2,123 ✭✭✭✭✭
    The Mazda RX-7 1983 falls between the Chevy Trailblazer SS and the Nissan X Trail in vehicle HEIGHT....  uhh, I don't think so, unless you are stacking two of them.
  • TGPDTGPD Member Posts: 4,392 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Gsearch said:
    The Mazda RX-7 1983 falls between the Chevy Trailblazer SS and the Nissan X Trail in vehicle HEIGHT....  uhh, I don't think so, unless you are stacking two of them.
    No, the image was distorted soo much that it actually looks like it's proportional, but in reality it's a super short super tall car.
  • bobdylanbobdylan Member Posts: 2,798 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited September 14
    Yes it has traction 



    All have the Pectel SQ6 ECU, you can read the features it offers.  You can select the most safe setting, lock the wheel over and floor the throttle, and the car will just drive away with minimum fuss and no wheelspin.
  • bobdylanbobdylan Member Posts: 2,798 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Altho the one this guy has is a more hard core version that's fitted for traction control ... but hasn't it 🤔🤔🤔🤔 

    Wait hard core .... of that !!! 
  • bobdylanbobdylan Member Posts: 2,798 ✭✭✭✭✭
    He's has a later more lighter V6 engine that has more boost bigger brakes more carbon .... can we have he's in the game instead ?
  • O__VERO__VER Member Posts: 684 ✭✭✭✭✭
    TD01055 said:
    Can you explain why the RS6 is seemingly unlimited? Was it one where you could get a source on the true top speed?
    From Wikipedia:

    "By adding the optional Dynamic or Dynamic Plus package, this top speed is increased to respectively 280 km/h (174.0 mph) or 305 km/h (189.5 mph)."
  • TGPDTGPD Member Posts: 4,392 ✭✭✭✭✭
    O__VER said:
    TD01055 said:
    Can you explain why the RS6 is seemingly unlimited? Was it one where you could get a source on the true top speed?
    From Wikipedia:

    "By adding the optional Dynamic or Dynamic Plus package, this top speed is increased to respectively 280 km/h (174.0 mph) or 305 km/h (189.5 mph)."
    Then why don't Hutch make them have the "Dynamic Plus" package and just settling for the "Dynamic"?
  • O__VERO__VER Member Posts: 684 ✭✭✭✭✭
    TGPD said:
    O__VER said:
    TD01055 said:
    Can you explain why the RS6 is seemingly unlimited? Was it one where you could get a source on the true top speed?
    From Wikipedia:

    "By adding the optional Dynamic or Dynamic Plus package, this top speed is increased to respectively 280 km/h (174.0 mph) or 305 km/h (189.5 mph)."
    Then why don't Hutch make them have the "Dynamic Plus" package and just settling for the "Dynamic"?
    That's what I thought when I looked it up 🤨
  • rkorallerkoralle Member Posts: 314 ✭✭✭
    edited September 15
    You can do the same thing for most amg cars with 280 and/or 300kmh.

    If the problem for @Hutch_Tim is to get proved information, the forum may help?

    A friend of mine was working for mercedes 14 years, has a c55 and now sells mercedes car parts. He knows alot about amg (even has pens and keyholders and everything with amg printed on). I could ask him and try to confirm this information online.

    If you gave us a signal to change this 155mph thing when u habe proved information, we could put information together!
  • joel24joel24 Member Posts: 486 ✭✭✭
    My mom used to have a gle 63s. Changed it to gle 400 4Matic on January .
  • joel24joel24 Member Posts: 486 ✭✭✭
    TGPD said:
    joel24 said:
    My mom used to have a gle 63s. Changed it to gle 400 4Matic on January .
    Did she say that it lacked mid-range acceleration?
    I'm waiting for myself to get one ig .then ill post it in the bug thread. The gle can beat the g63 in any drag. The g63 won't be able to catch up in a drag race against the gle 63s.
  • pmglfvpmglfv Member Posts: 109 ✭✭✭
    The database should be repaired.
    Fiat Abarth 131 Rally (969) abandons the race in twisty road with snow (France Chamonix 8-1), but we see it visually continue the race!
  • 43MK443MK4 Member Posts: 1,281 ✭✭✭✭✭
    bobdylan said:
    Yes it has traction 



    All have the Pectel SQ6 ECU, you can read the features it offers.  You can select the most safe setting, lock the wheel over and floor the throttle, and the car will just drive away with minimum fuss and no wheelspin.
    @bobdylan just to confirm what u wrote. So acc to your source (the guy who owns Levante), the car was equipped with TC from factory? And it was the Pectel SQ6 model?
  • Hutch_TimHutch_Tim Administrator, Hutch Staff Posts: 387 admin
    edited September 15
    bobdylan said:

    All have the Pectel SQ6 ECU, you can read the features it offers.  You can select the most safe setting, lock the wheel over and floor the throttle, and the car will just drive away with minimum fuss and no wheelspin.

     So this is really cool, but represents a new process when it comes to verification.

    I personally believe @bobdylan - but if we accept this then we open the door to anyone claiming something for any car.

    What would we need to do to be certain?

    I guess as @grandvache suggests video of a TC indicator light activating?
  • bobdylanbobdylan Member Posts: 2,798 ✭✭✭✭✭
    The levante is a odd one tho because evo themselves said it had it but it wasn't working .... 
    Drop these guys a email maybe

    http://www.rsperformance.co.uk/levante_technicalspecification.htm 


  • RysioRysio Member Posts: 392 ✭✭✭
    Hutch_Tim said:
    bobdylan said:

    All have the Pectel SQ6 ECU, you can read the features it offers.  You can select the most safe setting, lock the wheel over and floor the throttle, and the car will just drive away with minimum fuss and no wheelspin.

     So this is really cool, but represents a new process when it comes to verification.

    I personally believe @bobdylan - but if we accept this then we open the door to anyone claiming something for any car.

    What would we need to do to be certain?

    I guess as @grandvache suggests video of a TC indicator light activating?

    bobdylan said:
    What do you want me to ask the levante owner ? 

    If it has traction or launch control or not ? 

    Any other questions ?
    Why you don't call them to find out?If I tell you I spoke with them and was told TC is fitted you won't belive me.
  • bobdylanbobdylan Member Posts: 2,798 ✭✭✭✭✭
    I mean it gets confusing cos the guy I know levante is a 2.2 V6 .... and I didn't know they even did one . 
    510 low boost 600bhp high boost .... alarming!!!!!! 

    So been the type of car that can vary wildly on specs don't help. 

    However the 8 (V8) ones sold that's in the game were all said to have tc/ launch control so that's what we want to go off
  • TGPDTGPD Member Posts: 4,392 ✭✭✭✭✭
    bobdylan said:
    Plus it's a suv so wants the up the hill bonus adding 
    No, then it will beat the dakar.
  • Olli8888Olli8888 Member Posts: 568 ✭✭✭
    edited September 15
    Hutch_Tim said:

    Yep, you're quite correct - it's much harder to get reliable top speeds for such cars, which is why we went with 155. This is also consistent with our rule-of-thumb to go with the performance of a car as-sold (which tires it has for example).

    It's also true that it's a bit odd that engine 'upgrades' increment this limit up by small amounts - that's just us applying the standard model for upgrades, but in my head I like to imagine these upgrades are actually bribes to the local authority allowing you to exceed the limit a little bit. We could arguably have engine upgrades for speed-limited cars just increase the 0-60 time and the MRA while maintaining the 155 limit I suppose? Still, if people can cite a reliable source for the 'true' top speed we could consider adjusting them.

    That is official with Audi when you order the S8 plus or the RS7 or RS6 with the biggest perfomance package (its called Dynamic Package Plus) they are limited to 305 km/h because of the tyres. That’s nothing hidden or so. This is something you can just order at the Audi or see in the configuration.

    i think that is a „reliable source“
  • bobdylanbobdylan Member Posts: 2,798 ✭✭✭✭✭
    "Andy Webber I said it doesn't need it and showed a video with it being driven flat out without it switched on.

    Of course the ECU supports it and the feature may be implemented by the addition of a few sensors,

    Max torque is at a useless 8500rpm.

    Peters car is not a Levante as it ia not a V8." 


    Hmmmm plot thickens.  
    I think I opened a can of worms
  • antonyhopantonyhop Member Posts: 65 ✭✭✭
    Hutch_Tim said:

    I guess as @grandvache suggests video of a TC indicator light activating?
    That would not be possible. These traction control systems dont work like in normal cars where you have a blinking light indicting a loss of traction. They just interfere without any visual indication and are adjustable in many levels. Even the built in traction control of ferraris does not have a blinking light. 
    Imagine having a 500hp caterham with traction control set to, lets say 25% allowed wheel slip. Then during a hot lap you would see the light blinking all the time !! That would distract you. Only shift lights and warning lights are present.
    https://youtu.be/I31CFY5v2Qc
    Just an example. Search for racelogic traction control on youtube. Many more videos show the same stuff
  • hajduk_fanhajduk_fan Member Posts: 225 ✭✭✭
    All cars in game are stock, not any kind of dynamic or dynamic plus packages.
  • Olli8888Olli8888 Member Posts: 568 ✭✭✭
    edited September 15
    All cars in game are stock, not any kind of dynamic or dynamic plus packages.
    Who said that? You?!

    nobody buys a RS6 limited anybody would choose this package. And @Hutch_Tim said it’s hard to define these speed limits but I just said it’s not because it’s official an option to choose when you order an Audi.

    its an old agreement from german manufacturers to limit their cars to 250 km/h but you can choose this option from the beginning it’s no tuning so the car is still stock
  • hajduk_fanhajduk_fan Member Posts: 225 ✭✭✭
    Olli8888 said:
    All cars in game are stock, not any kind of dynamic or dynamic plus packages.
    Who said that? You?!
    No, stats say that.

    If you check, you'll see that i was the one who originally suggested removal of 155mph limiter but thing is that more reliable car magazines rarely test those cars without limiter so they can't get reliable data.

    For example, i know for fact that stock Mercedes AMG E63 S (RQ24 in game) can achieve at least 302 km/h (187mph) with limiter removed because a friend of mine did it but since none of reliable sources for Hutch did that test they can only set 155 because it's claimed top speed by manufacturer.
This discussion has been closed.