News & Announcements

Suzuki Pikes Peak, Upcoming in PL7, Pricing Adjustments

Hutch_TimHutch_Tim Administrator, Hutch Staff Posts: 327 admin
edited September 13 in News & Announcements

The next Tri-Series event will award the highly-coveted Suzuki Pikes Peak. Long-time players will remember that we originally gave this car out as a prize back in October 2017, and we know a lot of players are keen to have another chance to win it. The first round of this event starts tonight.

Note that any players who won the Suzuki Pikes Peak the first time around will not be able to enter the final. They will instead be able to enter an exclusive and highly rewarding previous-winners event.

Upcoming Features in PL7
With Top Drives turning one year old and still going strong, we thought it was a good time to review some of the most-requested changes that players asked for since launch but hadn’t made it in yet. This isn’t a complete list for PL7, but here’s what you can definitely expect when that update hits.

Lock cars
Want to stop cars from being accidentally fused? Locking cars is coming. Lock a car from your garage and it won’t appear in the Fuse screen, and it won’t be sellable either.

Better Fuse material browsing
When you have a lot of cars, swiping through that fuse list can be tricky. We’re adding a ‘next page’ button so you can easily tap your way through to the cars you’re looking for.

Play cards in any order
You read that right. If you know which car you want to play on the 4th challenge, you’ll be able to drag it straight on there, to make it easier to figure out where to place your remaining cars.

More American cars
As some of you guessed from some marketing tests we ran, we’re going to be adding more American cars, from some of the most-requested manufacturers. If you’ve been waiting for Dodge, you won’t have to wait much longer.

Price Adjustments
Okay, here’s the unpopular one. From early on, players noticed that prices on Android were cheaper in some countries - sometimes a lot cheaper. Google Play make it very easy to adjust prices, so we thought we would use this to offer cheaper prices in countries where the average population has a lower income. But this created a discrepancy with players on iOS, where we can’t make such adjustments.

We revisited this decision, and we now think the difference in some countries is too large. Effective immediately, countries where Android prices were significantly lower than iOS will see higher prices than before. This includes Russia, Romania and India among others.

Do note that we will continue to review our pricing policy and may make further adjustments in future.

Post edited by Hutch_Robin on

Comments

• evilprofesseurevilprofesseur Member Posts: 184 ✭✭✭
    edited September 13
    Hutch_Tim said:

Note that any players who won the Suzuki Pikes Peak the first time around will not be able to enter the final. They will instead be able to enter an exclusive and highly rewarding previous-winners event.

Now that's a proper solution to a problem, I love that! Everyone should be happy with that

Hutch_Tim said:

Price Adjustments
    Okay, here’s the unpopular one. From early on, players noticed that prices on Android were cheaper in some countries - sometimes a lot cheaper. Google Play make it very easy to adjust prices, so we thought we would use this to offer cheaper prices in countries where the average population has a lower income. But this created a discrepancy with players on iOS, where we can’t make such adjustments.

We revisited this decision, and we now think the difference in some countries is too large. Effective immediately, countries where Android prices were significantly lower than iOS will see higher prices than before. This includes Russia, Romania and India among others.

Do note that we will continue to review our pricing policy and may make further adjustments in future.

This, however, I'm not a fan of. It'll be just as, if not more unfair in a very different manner. It's a very sensible move to adjust prices for different markets, seeing as an hour's wage in different places has a very different relative buying power and it'll be difficult for me to push nearly as much money in as people from, say, UK or USA could. 

The fact that ios doesn't enable that shouldn't make things unfair for android users. Especially since you could make an argument that someone who buys an iphone in places that need their prices reduced can already afford higher prices.

Even now I think the prices are rather steep and I can barely justify buying gold. I don't know if I'll be making any more purchases if it gets any higher

Post edited by evilprofesseur on
  • TGPDTGPD Member Posts: 4,333 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Super Stoked!!
  • OzzmanOzzman Member Posts: 238 ✭✭✭
    Those new features are all welcome, especially the car locking. Looking forward to Dodge as well.
  • AntounAntoun Member Posts: 886 ✭✭✭✭
    1 Gold for 1 € ! I hope you will do this soon guys !!!

12750 Gold = 12750 €
  • mauro07mauro07 Member Posts: 1,351 ✭✭✭✭
    like a bitcoin!! LOL
  • SpikeSpike Member Posts: 12
    Price adjustment is a welcome thing. Prices where ok for my country, so it became an addiction for me and i've spent way to much on this game... Now it went up from 42.99€ to 99€ for a 12750 pack so it is fair play for everyone and i'm free from addiction after seeing the price :) 

P. S. In my country averadge salary after taxes is ~700€ which works out to ~32€/day, so it means that on averadge poeple will need to work little bit more than 3 days to aford biggest gold pack.

P.P.S. On the other hand is really sad - when pikes peak was out for the 1st time i was just beginning the campaign and was f2p, now i'm again f2p and will again miss it... and all future prize cars... 
  • LEGENDNADALEGENDNADA Member Posts: 204 ✭✭✭
    Price adjustments for all countries using android? I haven't use my android for a while I only use it when buying a gold pack, so if it's really increased in my country I won't buy again because the average salary here in my country is 150$/month ! You could decrease the drop rate or do anything rather than increasing the prices because you don't really know what we really do to buy some in-game gold with our real hard working money. Without any offense please revise this step as it will make many long-term buyers to stop buying or playing the game Thanks hutch
  • jigajiga Member Posts: 82 ✭✭
    i have always been a bit dubious about the idea of locking cars.   once a car has been locked is it able to be unlocked again.  if not i can not see anything useful about it.   if the idea is to somehow facilitate the fusing rigmarole my vote would be for a tagging system or for a separate fusing pool for cars destined to be so disposed of.
  • O__VERO__VER Member Posts: 459 ✭✭✭✭
    jiga said:
    i have always been a bit dubious about the idea of locking cars.   once a car has been locked is it able to be unlocked again.  if not i can not see anything useful about it.   if the idea is to somehow facilitate the fusing rigmarole my vote would be for a tagging system or for a separate fusing pool for cars destined to be so disposed of.
    Of course it will be unlockable. I'm expecting some kind of toggle so it can be locked and unlocked at any time.
  • RobGripesRobGripes Member Posts: 1,469 ✭✭✭✭✭
    @jiga

try the locking feature on a car you know for sure you won't ever sell, and see if it can be unlocked. 
  • floop200floop200 Member Posts: 26
    Related to increase pricing, here in Indonesia increase 300 percent... 3x multiplier...
    So...for sure no buying gold again....
    You can buy REAL new motorcycles with 40 CF pack buying with gold...thats for sure....
    U need to rethink again of this...
  • 43MK443MK4 Member Posts: 1,177 ✭✭✭✭
    I think I would also like to share my view on recent gold price increase on android for several countries.
    As a F2P who plays on iPhone it doesn't affect me that much. Even if I wasn't F2P prices in my AppStore are some of highest out there.

One of the minor (not main!) reasons why I'm F2P is the fact that I would have to pay 4 times more for gold as many players in other countries.
    I think it's not fair. Rules and requirements for winning in this game should be the same for everyone. After all the rewards we are fighting for are the same for everyone.
    So if I decided to be a top player and spend 1000 € a month on the packs, I would not be very happy that others only have to spend 250 € a month for a similar garage. Or, even worse, if they spend 1000 € a month like me, then they end up with 4 times better garage! That's simply unfair game system. I could also imagine that a lot players having expensive gold minimize their purchases knowing that someone somewhere can just buy tons of gold for a 1/4 of the price they pay.

For me winning main prizes in Top Drives is comparable to winning Champions League in football. Same rules and requirements for everyone where in the end it's all about money and the richest win. Because richest teams (top drives players) can have best players (cars) on their team. 
    Somehow I can't imagine a football team let's say Baba Jaga Tatrograd (fictional team) buying players for 1/4 of market price and then paying them 1/4 of their salaries while they sail towards their CL victory.

Personally I also think that winning CL or great cars in TD feels much better if it is done without any discounts or benefits compared to other countries. If u want to be the best, you should beat the best following same rules as they do.

43MK4 said:
    I think I would also like to share my view on recent gold price increase on android for several countries.
    As a F2P who plays on iPhone it doesn't affect me that much. Even if I wasn't F2P prices in my AppStore are some of highest out there.

One of the minor (not main!) reasons why I'm F2P is the fact that I would have to pay 4 times more for gold as many players in other countries.
    I think it's not fair. Rules and requirements for winning in this game should be the same for everyone. After all the rewards we are fighting for are the same for everyone.
    So if I decided to be a top player and spend 1000 € a month on the packs, I would not be very happy that others only have to spend 250 € a month for a similar garage. Or, even worse, if they spend 1000 € a month like me, then they end up with 4 times better garage! That's simply unfair game system. I could also imagine that a lot players having expensive gold minimize their purchases knowing that someone somewhere can just buy tons of gold for a 1/4 of the price they pay.

For me winning main prizes in Top Drives is comparable to winning Champions League in football. Same rules and requirements for everyone where in the end it's all about money and the richest win. Because richest teams (top drives players) can have best players (cars) on their team. 
    Somehow I can't imagine a football team let's say Baba Jaga Tatrograd (fictional team) buying players for 1/4 of market price and then paying them 1/4 of their salaries while they sail towards their CL victory.

Personally I also think that winning CL or great cars in TD feels much better if it is done without any discounts or benefits compared to other countries. If u want to be the best, you should beat the best following same rules as they do.

Maybe you should buy android or a laptop after they return the prices to normal. Because if you see the daily events or other events 90% of the players are p2w (including me) some of them are heavy buyers and some of them buy some gold for every major event only (including me too) and still not competitive to the heavy buyers. I was able to buy gold when it's price was low in my country (using android) but now after this incredible increase I don't think I will have extra money to share it with Hutch wonderful game for some in-game gold and I think 80% of the buyers won't be able to buy again because of this point. The issue is not that you can't buy gold because the prices are high in iphone you can buy using any android before this increase in the price and Hutch told us in an old thread that google prices are according to the countries and I think that is the fair thing in this point
    43MK4 said:

Maybe you should buy android or a laptop after they return the prices to normal. Because if you see the daily events or other events 90% of the players are p2w (including me) some of them are heavy buyers and some of them buy some gold for every major event only (including me too) and still not competitive to the heavy buyers. I was able to buy gold when it's price was low in my country (using android) but now after this incredible increase I don't think I will have extra money to share it with Hutch wonderful game for some in-game gold and I think 80% of the buyers won't be able to buy again because of this point. The issue is not that you can't buy gold because the prices are high in iphone you can buy using any android before this increase in the price and Hutch told us in an old thread that google prices are according to the countries and I think that is the fair thing in this point

The whole point is that I dont want to buy gold in this game. I enjoy it much more as a F2P, its like an extreme challange. And I definitely and for sure dont want to buy gold if I know that others can buy 4x as much as I can for the same price.

But at the same time when I win something as a F2P, It feels good, because I know that I followed same rules as those guys who have to spend 150 USD per top pack. And by same rules I mean that I didnt buy 4 x as much gold as they did for my 150 USD.

43MK4 said:
    43MK4 said:

The whole point is that I dont want to buy gold in this game. I enjoy it much more as a F2P, its like an extreme challange. And I definitely and for sure dont want to buy gold if I know that others can buy 4x as much as I can for the same price.

But at the same time when I win something as a F2P, It feels good, because I know that I followed same rules as those guys who have to spend 150 USD per top pack. And by same rules I mean that I didnt buy 4 x as much gold as they did for my 150 USD.

That's hard working wining I hope the best for you🙏🏻🙏🏻
  • greddygreddy Member Posts: 379 ✭✭✭
    Hutch_Tim said:

More American cars
    As some of you guessed from some marketing tests we ran, we’re going to be adding more American cars, from some of the most-requested manufacturers. If you’ve been waiting for Dodge, you won’t have to wait much longer.

It seems that Dodge wont be the only new manufacturer in this update.
    43MK4 said:
    43MK4 said:

That's hard working wining I hope the best for you🙏🏻🙏🏻
    @LEGENDNADA thank u and I appriciate the understanding! But yea those victories are not easy to get for me. Good luck to u and c u out there on the track :)
    43MK4 said:
    43MK4 said:

You're kind of missing the point here. In some markets prices are more or less adjusted to the relative income, so that gold might cost 4x less but people earn about 4x less too. Relative to their buying power, gold is similarly priced
    43MK4 said:
    43MK4 said:

You're kind of missing the point here. In some markets prices are more or less adjusted to the relative income, so that gold might cost 4x less but people earn about 4x less too. Relative to their buying power, gold is similarly priced
    In point 👌🏻👌🏻👌🏻
    @evilprofesseur @LEGENDNADA I fully see and understand your point of view, I really do. I can also imagine my reaction if I was a p2p/p2w and I woke up to find out that my gold prices increased x3 or x4. Not nice reaction.
    Regarding the average income in the countries concerned, I look at it in a more complex way where income in these countries is not exactly evenly divided among hundreds of millions potential customers (just affected countries in Europe). Among all these customers there is a big group of people whose income far exceeds average income in these countries. If the gold is only 1/4 of the price for this group then we already have a profile of a stereotypical top tier player in the game.
    For a person who would like to invest 1000$ a month and become a top tier player, having other players who can get 4x carbons for the same price will be very demotivating and might result in not spending any money at all on the game.

43MK4 said:
    @evilprofesseur @LEGENDNADA I fully see and understand your point of view, I really do. I can also imagine my reaction if I was a p2p/p2w and I woke up to find out that my gold prices increased x3 or x4. Not nice reaction.
    Regarding the average income in the countries concerned, I look at it in a more complex way where income in these countries is not exactly evenly divided among hundreds of millions potential customers (just affected countries in Europe). Among all these customers there is a big group of people whose income far exceeds average income in these countries. If the gold is only 1/4 of the price for this group then we already have a profile of a stereotypical top tier player in the game.
    For a person who would like to invest 1000$ a month and become a top tier player, having other players who can get 4x carbons for the same price will be very demotivating and might result in not spending any money at all on the game.

@43MK4 I see what you're getting at but don't you think you're overestimating the problem? There would be some people making significantly more than the rest in this countries but would their number be great enough to deeply influence the everyday scene? And why should the system be skewed to correct only for that marginal number of people, not most of the player base.

My life went rather well, I'm doing several times the median wage in my country. Even I won't be buying any more packs. Not because I can't afford them but because they are no longer even pretending to be worth their cost. I've already written that on igf but for the current price of a large pack (which I used to buy almost every month) I could
    - take my wife out to a very nice dinner
    - go see a movie together afterwards 
    - buy a new pair of jeans
    And with what's left over I could (and did) buy an introductory paragliding flight. 

Not one of these things, all of them. I'm sure nearly everyone in countries affected the way mine was will see it the same way
    43MK4 said:

@43MK4 I see what you're getting at but don't you think you're overestimating the problem? There would be some people making significantly more than the rest in this countries but would their number be great enough to deeply influence the everyday scene? And why should the system be skewed to correct only for that marginal number of people, not most of the player base.

My life went rather well, I'm doing several times the median wage in my country. Even I won't be buying any more packs. Not because I can't afford them but because they are no longer even pretending to be worth their cost. I've already written that on igf but for the current price of a large pack (which I used to buy almost every month) I could
    And with what's left over I could (and did) buy an introductory paragliding flight. 

Not one of these things, all of them. I'm sure nearly everyone in countries affected the way mine was will see it the same way
    @evilprofesseur I think I saw your post on IG forum, u even provided prices for the activities you and your wife's have done together.
    I'm also very happy that you are doing quite well in your country where as u say your salary is several times the median. From what I know it brings it on to a level with salaries of your western neighbor whose gold has been much more expensive. Since your salary is similar to theirs is it really still necessary in your case to have heavily discounted packs?

In my opinion Hutch should have set gold prices for different countries at same/similar level from the beginning. What exact price a top gold pack should have is another issue. Changing those prices now will understandably make a lot of people unhappy since it will totally change their game play and output from invested money.
    edited September 15
    43MK4 said:
    43MK4 said:

@evilprofesseur I think I saw your post on IG forum, u even provided prices for the activities you and your wife's have done together.
    I'm also very happy that you are doing quite well in your country where as u say your salary is several times the median. From what I know it brings it on to a level with salaries of your western neighbor whose gold has been much more expensive. Since your salary is similar to theirs is it really still necessary in your case to have heavily discounted packs?

In my opinion Hutch should have set gold prices for different countries at same/similar level from the beginning. What exact price a top gold pack should have is another issue. Changing those prices now will understandably make a lot of people unhappy since it will totally change their game play and output from invested money.

I don't think I can agree with that. In absolute terms my salary is similar to an average salary in the west, true. But shouldn't I compete with people of the same relative buying power, so that people with average income have the same chance against other people with average income? As it was before I could buy more or less just as much as people of similar relative income in other countries. 

The way it stands, you're comparing everyone in the world with an Englishman using an iPhone. A rather extreme standard I'd say.
    43MK4 said:
    43MK4 said:

I don't think I can agree with that. In absolute terms my salary is similar to an average salary in the west, true. But shouldn't I compete with people of the same relative buying power, so that people with average income have the same chance against other people with average income? As it was before I could buy more or less just as much as people of similar relative income in other countries. 

The way it stands, you're comparing everyone in the world with an Englishman using an iPhone. A rather extreme standard I'd say.
    I have to admit that I like to look at ppl from different countries as equals. I don't consider anyone better or worse just because of their heritage or income. But it also means I have same expectations to all of them. No special treatment. So in a way yes I will treat an Englishman same way as a citizen of Fantastan.

Hutch has provided us tons of content in this game for FREE. Everyone can play it for free and have plenty of fun doing that since game is fully playable without spending anything. Very nice thing to those with less income.

Spending money is not required and is only a choice. Something ppl can chose to do to increase a chance of winning. And we are talking about winning a global game, a global competition where awards are the same for all winners regardless where they come from.
    So if rewards are equal for all players, rules and prices should be same for all players too. After all as I mentioned before, I treat people equally - so no special treatment.
    Honestly speaking I'm totally fine with the richest (spending most real life money) winning top prices, that's what they pay for, that's why they pay - to be the best. Same as in real life competitions.
  • AymericRacingAymericRacing Member Posts: 14
    And will the probability of getting a legendary car go up? For 1 year, I won only ONE LEGENDARY CAR on more than a hundred attempts
  • GaborBartalGaborBartal Member Posts: 6
    I'm in Central Europe, Hungary. Minimal wage is barely above 1.5 EUR an hour.
    I've just noticed gold suddenly costs 3x as much as before one day to the next...... A Carbon Pack equivalent of the 1100 + 525 gold pack now costs 14 EUR, or a full 8 hour workday plus 2 from the next. Despite the situation here I've so far bought gold about 20 times since I started play it a year ago, not tons, just the 1st-2nd-3rd cheapest gold options. I already hardly justified it for myself, now I will never spend a cent for these overpriced virtual items.
    Is it worth it for you to alienate half the world? Seriously, isn't SOME income from the players from these countries better than NONE at all? You can trust that you will see a huge drop on purchases from these countries. I was already close to uninstall this game a few times before when you realize that ~33 Carbon Fiber packs are needed on average for a chance of an S tier car, and when for a whole year by now at level 150 still my fastest car is the damn default Lambo. That statistical "guarantee" (33 CF packs) for an S car would cost someone like me about 450 EUR, or 300 working hours, I see no point in playing any more and I guess I can say goodbye to my spendings so far (doesn't matter if it wasn't a large amount compared to Western users). A single, non-existing virtual car costing that much is R I D I C U L O U S. It used to be that mobile games struggled to try to sell something premium item for 1-2 EUR, and now this? And when you finally get an S car it's ONE out of all S cars, likely you'd get some lame one and you will never ever compete with Bugatti owners in your life. The P2W scheme has always been too obvious with this game, those players can never be caught up with, those players will be the ones winning PRIZE ONLY damn OP cars like the 2.1 sec Suzuki and all that, and so goes the cycle of the gap increasing and never caught up with.
    You can expect a ton of 1 star reviews from half the world, I hope it was worth it. And that excuse... jhez, let me help: those with iPhones *in lesser countries* can AFFORD to pay the global app purchase prices in the first place. Claiming it's for fairness to iOS users is something a child would come up with.
  • GaborBartalGaborBartal Member Posts: 6
    43MK4 said:
    Spending money is not required and is only a choice. 

It's the only way to ever get anywhere close to top 10 brackets. It's P2W. If you can't win, it's not an ejoyable game, you can only saythere is a very limited game where you can constantly struggle losing against OP players, and OP is not determined by skill - which is what a competition game should rely on. It's greed, no matter what way you're trying to phrase it. 
    I was already close to uninstall this game a few times before when you realize that ~33 Carbon Fiber packs are needed on average for a chance of an S tier car, and when for a whole year by now at level 150 still my fastest car is the damn default Lambo. 
    I believe the car you are referring to is actally a McLaren not a Lambo. Anyhow its a capable car which Im still using. Looking forward to a Lamborghini update one day !!! :)