So. Any guesses?!

How many owners do we have here?

Comments

• AntounAntoun Member Posts: 909 ✭✭✭✭
    You are one of them...  :D
  • TD01055TD01055 Member Posts: 1,273 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Antoun said:
    You are one of them...  :D
    I’m gonna get smashed, I’m willing to put my hand up as the weakest pikes peak owner. Probably the only non-p2w!
  • AntounAntoun Member Posts: 909 ✭✭✭✭
    Happy to see that it was possible to win the Pikes without investing a lot. It's a good lesson for the future (Prices explosion)
  • LittleEnosBurdetteLittleEnosBurdette Member Posts: 1,681 ✭✭✭✭✭
    @TD01055 I’d be interested to here your view on what you as a pikes owner would think is a reasonable prize? Surely it will have to be something considerable to compensate for not having a chance to win another pikes.
    Will be interesting to see how many owners are still playing, prize structure will be a difficult one, if there’s only 20 players in the event. 
  • BoxtaSBoxtaS Member Posts: 546 ✭✭✭✭
    Could be loads of gold & cash, but not a ‘prize car’ prize car. 
    edited September 13
    @TD01055 I’d be interested to here your view on what you as a pikes owner would think is a reasonable prize? Surely it will have to be something considerable to compensate for not having a chance to win another pikes.
    Will be interesting to see how many owners are still playing, prize structure will be a difficult one, if there’s only 20 players in the event. 
    Im pretty much resigned to being last. There can only be a few “groups” worth of players. I can only hope the prizes aren’t heavily tiered, In the main pool I (and probably all pikes owners) would be fighting for top tier, so a great S car and carbon fibres. If I end up in tier 4 of a mega-group with a ceramic I’ll be pretty unhappy.

As for the top-prize I don’t know how they can compete with a pikes! Gotta be looking at legendary plus multiple carbon fibres at least.

I thought they could let us compete as normal but instead of awarding a duplicate pikes, let us pick any car, or something like that. I’m really not a fan of this mega-league idea, unless the minimum prize is at least a great car and carbon fibre pack.

edit : have to say I’m totally in agreement with limiting prize cars to one each, and I hope they do this consistently. Gives me real hope of winning cars I missed out on in the future by “thinning the pool”. I’m playing to collect rather than win so I genuinely hope lots of forumers end up with the pikes, it’s pretty decent!
    It’ll be a difficult balance to strike for sure, a legendary of choice and 5x CF or something for top 10 but I can’t see that happening. Unless they structure it in groups of 5 or something there will surely only be one bracket per region. Be interesting to find out. 
  • BoxtaSBoxtaS Member Posts: 546 ✭✭✭✭
    BoxtaS said:
    Amazed that someone would disagree with me speculating about what the prizes might be 😆
    BoxtaS said:
    BoxtaS said:
    Amazed that someone would disagree with me speculating about what the prizes might be 😆
    Lol nothing stranger than folk. 
  • hillclimberhillclimber Member Posts: 1,396 ✭✭✭✭✭
    I would suggest to make only one big worldwide bracket with incredible prizes, cars, gold, CFs, but only for the top 5.
    I would suggest to make only one big worldwide bracket with incredible prizes, cars, gold, CFs, but only for the top 5.
    I’d be pretty annoyed if I had won the pikes previously and finished 6th in that though, a really good prize even for entering is the bare minimum I’d expect. 
    There is also the fact that if the new tri-series is about winning cars to help win the pikes mark 2 is it going to be the same final criteria for this?
  • hillclimberhillclimber Member Posts: 1,396 ✭✭✭✭✭
    I’d be pretty annoyed if I had won the pikes previously and finished 6th in that though, a really good prize even for entering is the bare minimum I’d expect. 
    There is also the fact that if the new tri-series is about winning cars to help win the pikes mark 2 is it going to be the same final criteria for this?
    I was joking about the prize structure. 
    but if the cars you get from the qualifiers in the same way as they did in the Levante Tri Series it wouldn't matter.
  • CometDanCometDan Member Posts: 1,207 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Tri series prizes never matter, not even tier 1’s. You could occasionally pull an Epic from the Carbon but 95% of the time it’s an RQ19 Ultra. 
    CometDan said:
    Tri series prizes never matter, not even tier 1’s. You could occasionally pull an Epic from the Carbon but 95% of the time it’s an RQ19 Ultra. 
    True. But @LittleEnosBurdette question is a valid one. The prize revealed in a couple hours will let us know what the finals is, will have to assume these are the same
  • CometDanCometDan Member Posts: 1,207 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Yes they should be an indication, rather than the Penta series of last time which took more twists and turns that I care to remember. 
  • joel24joel24 Member Posts: 426 ✭✭✭
    I don't even belong to this thread.
    joel24 said:
    I don't even belong to this thread.
    Not yet anyway...