General Discussion

7.0 - Welcome to the American Dream

Hutch_RobinHutch_Robin Administrator, Hutch Staff Posts: 577 admin
edited September 21 in General Discussion

We thought we add a few details on the upcoming all-American 7.0 patch, so sit back with a cocktail and take a read.

Go West, Young Man

Take a trip to the Golden Sun State with six new challenge types racing through a new coastal city. Race through the streets, along the beach, or compete in a drag to the end of the pier!

Cars are banned from riding the ferris wheel.

---

The American Dream

We added Rover a few months ago, but with just 8 models they’re difficult to collect, and even if you find a few, they aren’t used in event restriction, so there they sit in your garage, loved but not raced.

As we integrate player requested cars along with 2019 models and new manufacturers, we want to give more opportunities for all cars to shine. We are solving this through Collections. Cars from one or multiple updates will form a Collection, defined by our car tag system. Currently there will be one collection, American Dream, for all cars from the 7.0 update.

This way we are able to run events where you can use any car from a particular update, rather than just being restricted to a single manufacturer, increasing the diversity of hands. This is a new building block for packs, challenges, events, and maybe future campaign areas.

For people who think the 1983 Blazer is “too modern”.
(RQ/Rarity not final)

Oh, yeah, we are also adding more Chevrolets, many of which came directly from player suggestions!

---

Other features

(new) Rolling starts

Challenges now have an icon if they are rolling starts on the challenge and results screens

Wait, is that a horse?
(RQ/Rarity not final)

Locking cars

Want to stop cars from being accidentally fused? Locking cars is coming. Lock a car from your garage and it won’t appear in the Fuse screen, and it won’t be sellable either.

American Muscle
(RQ/Rarity not final)

Better Fuse material browsing

When you have a lot of cars, swiping through that fuse list can be tricky. We’re adding a ‘next page’ button so you can easily tap your way through to the cars you’re looking for.

I suppose this replaces my 1995 model.
(RQ/Rarity not final)

Play cards in any order

You read that right. If you know which car you want to play on the 4th challenge, you’ll be able to drag it straight on there, to make it easier to figure out where to place your remaining cars.

The future is here.
(RQ/Rarity not final)

Welcome to the American Dream!

Comments

• HeissRodHeissRod Member Posts: 2,703 ✭✭✭✭✭
    The new environment looks great, as well as the new features.  Been wanting that "play cards in any order" for a long time.  When will we be able to test cars on these new environments? (i.e. Arizona, Tokyo, Forest, etc)

Also, any RQ adjustments with this update?
  • sinnersinner Member Posts: 614 ✭✭✭✭
    That ZR1 thou  <3 
  • NinjaDesignzNinjaDesignz Member Posts: 937 ✭✭✭✭✭
    I hope you guys add some American Ford cars as well too. Looks good nonetheless and I'm excited for it
  • RawelRawel Member Posts: 544 ✭✭✭✭
    edited September 21
    that looks really good for rq11 off-roader, even better than the rq14 280 ge (minus the top speed ofc)
  • TheTruePwnzorTheTruePwnzor Member Posts: 114 ✭✭✭
    Ah, the IROC Z, golden chariot of a certain set from Jersey in the 90s. That one hit me in the feels. So excited for some new ponies and muscle. There's no replacement for displacement.
  • hajduk_fanhajduk_fan Member Posts: 201 ✭✭✭
    will there be 1 new campaign level?
  • lukec436lukec436 Member Posts: 73 ✭✭
    Sounds great! However I wish we had more than just one collection, but what can ya do
  • _HighVoltage__HighVoltage_ Member Posts: 55 ✭✭
    The fact that RQ changes are not final leads me to believe we have at least a week (if not two) to wait before it rolls out.
  • GilTrucksGilTrucks Member Posts: 293 ✭✭✭
    Is it possible to place cars from the brands of the game that were or are sold in Brazil?
  • O__VERO__VER Member Posts: 459 ✭✭✭✭
    The fact that RQ changes are not final leads me to believe we have at least a week (if not two) to wait before it rolls out.
    Feels like they put this post up as a distraction from all the other problems lately. Given they haven't announced the existing cars that are changing RQ yet either, I'd say it's much more than two weeks away.
  • TGPDTGPD Member Posts: 4,335 ✭✭✭✭✭

Why does the 1963 El Camino have better handling than the 1970 one?
  • Bucks73Bucks73 Member Posts: 544 ✭✭✭✭
    These updates look awesome especially the ‘lock car’ feature!

good work!!!
  • Nacho101Nacho101 Member Posts: 105 ✭✭✭
    Thx hutch. Some really great Improvements, nice teaser with the cars as well.

Not a massive fan of USA cars that are only or mainly sold in USA and I feel that the game aready has too many of these. Would like to see more from manufacturers that are universal like Toyota, Lexus, Volkswagen, Ferrari, Lamborghini etc - and yes I know Toyota is unlikely.

so when can we expect to see the rq changes?
    Cars are banned from riding the ferris wheel.
    Oh come on!
  • Nacho101Nacho101 Member Posts: 105 ✭✭✭
    43MK4 said:
    Appriciate the rolling starts indication, thank you!
    Agree!! Rolling starts can make a huge difference. Something I was going to request  :)
  • 43MK443MK4 Member Posts: 1,177 ✭✭✭✭
    Nacho101 said:
    43MK4 said:
    Appriciate the rolling starts indication, thank you!
    Agree!! Rolling starts can make a huge difference. Something I was going to request  :)
    Yea it's basically a different race which until now had a same name!
  • RobGripesRobGripes Member Posts: 1,469 ✭✭✭✭✭
    A lot of quality changes, many of which were requested by players.

Not sure about the collections thing, nice to have or course, but being to have more than 2 restrictions in the event setup would allow for even more variety.
    Olli8888 said:
    TGPD said:

More weight on the back...
    weight at the back improves traction, not handling
  • hillclimberhillclimber Member Posts: 1,240 ✭✭✭✭✭
    TGPD said:
    Olli8888 said:
    TGPD said:

not if you have rear axle steering
  • RobGripesRobGripes Member Posts: 1,469 ✭✭✭✭✭
    TGPD said:
    Olli8888 said:
    TGPD said:

not if you have rear axle steering

True, but i don't think this El Camino did somehow... Still... Made me chuckle out loud.

#COL
  • joel24joel24 Member Posts: 411 ✭✭✭
    TGPD said:

Wait..... standard tyres?!
  • Huskic69Huskic69 Member Posts: 1,482 ✭✭✭✭✭
    rarity changes??????
  • rei348rei348 Member Posts: 607 ✭✭✭
    Is it available the 7.0 rarity change log?
  • ShadowFTLShadowFTL Member Posts: 68 ✭✭
    When this patch goes live? 
  • TwinkieTwinkie Member Posts: 561 ✭✭✭✭
    ShadowFTL said:
    When this patch goes live? 
    I want the car corrections first :D