General Discussion

7.0 - Welcome to the American Dream

Comments

• lukec436lukec436 Member Posts: 81 ✭✭
    Twinkie said:
    ShadowFTL said:
    When this patch goes live? 
    I want the car corrections first :D
    I can second that thought. Considering I've already maxed two escalades, and am sitting atop anxiously waiting for more to roll in, I'll be pretty darn disappointed if I find out that they're not getting 4WD. 
  • Nacho101Nacho101 Member Posts: 170 ✭✭✭
    Nacho101 said:
    Thx hutch. Some really great Improvements, nice teaser with the cars as well.

Not a massive fan of USA cars that are only or mainly sold in USA and I feel that the game aready has too many of these. Would like to see more from manufacturers that are universal like Toyota, Lexus, Volkswagen, Ferrari, Lamborghini etc - and yes I know Toyota is unlikely.

so when can we expect to see the rq changes?
    I don't quite understand this logic. Good luck buying a Vauxhall on this side of the pond. Or practically any diesel. Or a tvr, or just about any lotus save an Elise or exige. Or most of the alfas. Or any lancia. Or a ds, Renault, Citroen, or most mgs. I love that there are cars in the game that I can't purchase here in the States. I appreciate a great car no matter its domestic market or its availability here. There are so many fun fords and chevys that aren't in the game but I'm cool with that. I mean I never knew about the Lotus Carlton and I found it so fun to dig in to its story. Maybe I'm too fanatical about learning about obscure cars, but I love the variety afforded by Hutch including domestic market models as well as what you call "universal" models.  
    You have every right to your opinion which I respect as do it I. However In the context of what I’m referring to, How can you compare Alfa’s, Renault, Citroen, or even Vauxhall to cars only sold in American domestic market? Al these manufacturers are sold across all of Europe and even as far as Australia.
  • HeissRodHeissRod Member Posts: 3,159 ✭✭✭✭✭
    ShadowFTL said:
    When this patch goes live? 
    Hutch never gives a specific date in advance.  We just know when they announce the upcoming update.
  • TwinkieTwinkie Member Posts: 630 ✭✭✭✭
    @Hutch_Robin
    Will u fix the advertisement bug in 7.0?
    Already watched 4 ads today an got 0 gold👍
  • TheTruePwnzorTheTruePwnzor Member Posts: 169 ✭✭✭
    Nacho101 said:
    Nacho101 said:

Not a massive fan of USA cars that are only or mainly sold in USA and I feel that the game aready has too many of these. Would like to see more from manufacturers that are universal like Toyota, Lexus, Volkswagen, Ferrari, Lamborghini etc - and yes I know Toyota is unlikely.

I don't quite understand this logic. Good luck buying a Vauxhall on this side of the pond. Or practically any diesel. Or a tvr, or just about any lotus save an Elise or exige. Or most of the alfas. Or any lancia. Or a ds, Renault, Citroen, or most mgs. I love that there are cars in the game that I can't purchase here in the States. I appreciate a great car no matter its domestic market or its availability here. There are so many fun fords and chevys that aren't in the game but I'm cool with that. I mean I never knew about the Lotus Carlton and I found it so fun to dig in to its story. Maybe I'm too fanatical about learning about obscure cars, but I love the variety afforded by Hutch including domestic market models as well as what you call "universal" models.  
    You have every right to your opinion which I respect as do it I. However In the context of what I’m referring to, How can you compare Alfa’s, Renault, Citroen, or even Vauxhall to cars only sold in American domestic market? Al these manufacturers are sold across all of Europe and even as far as Australia.
    Because, according to the ACEA there are 289.9 million cars registered in Europe as a whole and according to hedges and co there are 276.1 million cars registered in 2018 in the United States. That does not seem to be an unfair comparison in my books.
  • TGPDTGPD Member Posts: 4,393 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited September 23
    Twinkie said:
    @Hutch_Robin
    It's their new feature :D
    Hutch_Tim said:
    RobGripes said:
    A lot of quality changes, many of which were requested by players.

Not sure about the collections thing, nice to have or course, but being to have more than 2 restrictions in the event setup would allow for even more variety.
    It's true that additional restrictions would add some more variety, but the Collections concept gets at something no amount of restrictions could - making brands (or countries) with very few models more viable. For example, we could never run an event that included 1x KTM or 1x AT because hardly anyone could enter, but if we had a tag that covered KTM and a few other manufacturers then KTM cars can be a lot more useful. This is the first version of that idea, so we'll see how it works out in practice.
    Additional tags would help.
    Add a "Family Friendly" tag for 5 seaters or "Supercharged" tag for supercharged cars would help massively.
    There are so many good suggestions in your recent posts Tim!
  • TwinkieTwinkie Member Posts: 630 ✭✭✭✭
    TGPD said:
    Twinkie said:
    @Hutch_Robin
    It's their new feature :D
    It seems to be a pretty old new feature 
  • DoupaoDoupao Member Posts: 319 ✭✭✭
    Hutch_Tim said:
    RobGripes said:

Not sure about the collections thing, nice to have or course, but being to have more than 2 restrictions in the event setup would allow for even more variety.
    It's true that additional restrictions would add some more variety, but the Collections concept gets at something no amount of restrictions could - making brands (or countries) with very few models more viable. For example, we could never run an event that included 1x KTM or 1x AT because hardly anyone could enter, but if we had a tag that covered KTM and a few other manufacturers then KTM cars can be a lot more useful. This is the first version of that idea, so we'll see how it works out in practice.
    @Hutch_Tim wondering when will the tags be used to add varieties events instead of based on regions, decades, countries etc. would like to see a wild ride, muscle car ir street racer events.
  • greddygreddy Member Posts: 609 ✭✭✭✭
    Only events we had were style icon events...
  • joel24joel24 Member Posts: 487 ✭✭✭
    greddy said:
    Only events we had were style icon events...
    Yeah and a challenge where requirements were street racers.
  • AvengedAvenged Member Posts: 289 ✭✭✭
    Car locking and anywhere-placement are very, very welcome QOL changes. Well done Hutch dudes!
  • KakofonnKakofonn Member Posts: 5
    edited September 24
    Was there a feature in this game which was keeping hands used for different challanges? For example, if I was using RQ70 cars for the challenge, then started going through daily challenge with my best hand, and then when opening that RQ70 challenge again - it would remember my last used hand for that challenge and put cars there? This feature could possibly save so many clicks. Was it proposed, or implemented already at some point before? I know that you can save your hands, but if it would be stored automatically for challenges, it could be so much better.
    If not, how can I suggest it to developers? :)
  • RobGripesRobGripes Member Posts: 1,652 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Doupao said:
    Hutch_Tim said:
    RobGripes said:

@Hutch_Tim wondering when will the tags be used to add varieties events instead of based on regions, decades, countries etc. would like to see a wild ride, muscle car ir street racer events.

Muscle car vs street car event would be fun
  • PichaiPichai Member Posts: 212 ✭✭✭
    Wow - I owned an IROC Z 28, a tuned-port fuel injection engine back in 1985. What a car. Thanks for bring back the memories Hutch
  • MSteeLMSteeL Member Posts: 439 ✭✭✭
    So I guess update goes live sometimes next week?
  • evilprofesseurevilprofesseur Member Posts: 336 ✭✭✭
    MSteeL said:
    So I guess update goes live sometimes next week?
    Basing it on the fact that we've been just given an offer of 50 slots to drain us before new manufacturer offers : p?
  • greddygreddy Member Posts: 609 ✭✭✭✭
    edited September 26
    Always before update, there is a slot offer.
  • hajduk_fanhajduk_fan Member Posts: 225 ✭✭✭
    Slot offer was there about 2 weeks ago too
  • MSRZ23MSRZ23 Member Posts: 28
    I'm wondering if American City will have speed bumps? Speed bumps are the only track where medium height cars are useful.
  • hillclimberhillclimber Member Posts: 1,454 ✭✭✭✭✭
    MSRZ23 said:
    I'm wondering if American City will have speed bumps? Speed bumps are the only track where medium height cars are useful.
    that's a good one! - weren't speed bumps invented in the USA?
  • Tom_MuellerTom_Mueller Member Posts: 1
    Nacho101 said:
    Nacho101 said:

Except for Vauxhall, which is pretty much limited to the UK. I really don't get it, why a lot of games (Top Drives, Gran Tourismo, Forza etc...) always use Vauxhall as the brand, even if they haven't developed a single car in years, 90% of the cars aren't built in Vauxhall factories and are only sold in one single country.

Why don't they use Opel instead. The company that actually developed and built most of the cars under the Vauxhall brand?
  • hillclimberhillclimber Member Posts: 1,454 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Nacho101 said:
    Nacho101 said:

Except for Vauxhall, which is pretty much limited to the UK. I really don't get it, why a lot of games (Top Drives, Gran Tourismo, Forza etc...) always use Vauxhall as the brand, even if they haven't developed a single car in years, 90% of the cars aren't built in Vauxhall factories and are only sold in one single country.

Why don't they use Opel instead. The company that actually developed and built most of the cars under the Vauxhall brand?
    your name is Mueller or Müller?  :D

of course you are correct. to be fair, there are two Opels. but it's strange they still count as GB?

Some Vauxhalls do make it to Australia as rebadged Holdens.

Because, according to the ACEA there are 289.9 million cars registered in Europe as a whole and according to hedges and co there are 276.1 million cars registered in 2018 in the United States. That does not seem to be an unfair comparison in my books.
    There are 250 million and 159 million registered vehicles in China and India respectively. China is also the largest car producer in the world, yet we don't have a single Chinese car in the game. Car manufactures that are available across more countries are more 'universal' in my opinion.
  • O__VERO__VER Member Posts: 705 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Nacho101 said:

Some Vauxhalls do make it to Australia as rebadged Holdens.
    Pretty much their whole range is Opel/Vauxhall and Chevrolet rebadges now.
    Nacho101 said:

There are 250 million and 159 million registered vehicles in China and India respectively. China is also the largest car producer in the world, yet we don't have a single Chinese car in the game. Car manufactures that are available across more countries are more 'universal' in my opinion.
    Chinese car are... Not exactly Chinese. 
    You see, the Chinese government requires all car manufacturers that want to build factories in China to team up with a local manufacturer. This is the reason why luxury cars are so expensive. BMW teamed up with Brilliance Auto (which isn't brilliant in any way), Toyota teamed up with Guangdong Automotive and Honda with Dongfeng. These cars are basically rebadged versions of their European and American counterparts.