General Discussion

Update 7.0 Bugs

PolitoPolito Member Posts: 4
I think i've found a bug.
My 969 RQ21 Porsche Rally Spec is not finishing the snowy twisty road from the daily today... it get stuck in the first climb of the race
I'm sure it was able to finish the course before, as an offroader...

Comments

• SubaruLover04SubaruLover04 Member Posts: 284 ✭✭✭
    Low ride hieght is the only thing I can think of. Someone test a maxed Datsun and if it DNFs then my theory might be true, if not most likely a bug. 
  • iron_styleiron_style Member Posts: 108 ✭✭✭

Silvia 240Rs neither, with medium height
  • PolitoPolito Member Posts: 4
    same with datsun and abarth rally
  • TD01055TD01055 Member Posts: 1,165 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Pike peak makes it with low height. 4WD must be the key
  • erjuitoerjuito Member Posts: 22
    Cada actualización vamos a peor, a reconstruir todo el garaje los autos 969 son mejores que 699 en slalom y g-force. Os habéis coronado con estas "mejoras"
  • lemmings99olemmings99o Member Posts: 668 ✭✭✭✭
    Yeah rwd on snow sucks now, off road tyres way less useful. Anyone know how it's effected their times on dirt and wet dirt for twisty road?
  • DabigpDabigp Member Posts: 197 ✭✭✭
    „Plymouth“ not available to filter
  • mikesmikes Member Posts: 2,820 ✭✭✭✭✭
    There doesn’t appear to be a Plymouth filter option in My Cars. 
  • Steph81Steph81 Member Posts: 58 ✭✭
    Pagani still missing since the filters were involved
  • Hutch_RobinHutch_Robin Administrator, Hutch Staff Posts: 577 admin
    edited October 8
    mikes said:
    There doesn’t appear to be a Plymouth filter option in My Cars. 
    Steph81 said:
    Pagani still missing since the filters were involved
    A note that we are aware of this. Filters were not intended to list every manufacturer or option for each category, only those likely/possible to be used in events.
  • TwinkieTwinkie Member Posts: 559 ✭✭✭✭

The 4 matic used to win against the audis... seems pretty bugged now
    Twinkie said:

Just because a result has changed does not necessarily mean there is a bug. As Tim detailed in the patch notes, we have made changes to the physics simulation, so results can be different.
  • TD01055TD01055 Member Posts: 1,165 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Twinkie said:

Just because a result has changed does not necessarily mean there is a bug. As Tim detailed in the patch notes, we have made changes to the physics simulation, so results can be different.
    Robs, are you aware it seems 969 now beats 699 in slaloms? See other car discussion thread for details. Is this what you intended?
  • lemmings99olemmings99o Member Posts: 668 ✭✭✭✭
    Twinkie said:

Does that include all the rwd rally cars in snow or do you believe that to actually be a bug?
  • mauro07mauro07 Member Posts: 1,347 ✭✭✭✭
    Twinkie said:

can you check some weird results? rwd off roader on twisty road (ice), hillclimb, slalom... there was bug and you don't fix it, are you sure about your update? there are always bugs...
  • HeissRodHeissRod Member Posts: 2,703 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited October 8
    mazeoops said:

Free SCG
    Are you saying that you pulled one of those?
    edited October 8
    mauro07 said:
    can you check some weird results? rwd off roader on twisty road (ice), hillclimb, slalom... there was bug and you don't fix it, are you sure about your update? there are always bugs...
    To summarise, the two big reports of changes are:

- Multiple RWD Off Road tyre cars are DNFing on Twisty Road (Ice)
    - Some cars at 969 tuning are beating 699 tuning on slaloms

What bug are you referring to that we haven't fixed?

And what are the 'weird' Hill Climb results?
    the old slalom bug.... and then seems weird see some cars win hillclimb when you don't explain how works this new patch... and everytime with new update something weird we see...
    edited October 8
    mauro07 said:
    the old slalom bug.... and then seems weird see some cars win hillclimb when you don't explain how works this new patch... and everytime with new update something weird we see...
    Be specific. How many examples do you have of the old slalom bug not being fixed?  As the patch notes state, there should be a lot fewer of these unexpected results.

The patch notes give information on the change to physics that affects hill climbs (and anything with incline).
    Hutch_Tim said:

Physics simulation improvements
    Eagle-eyed players noticed that lighter cars were slower up hills than heavier ones, which is not how physics should work. This has now been fixed, so if you want to win a hill climb race upgrading weight is now (correctly) the best way to do it.

• LordNelozLordNeloz Member Posts: 138 ✭✭✭
    HeissRod said:
    mazeoops said:

Free SCG
    Are you saying that you pulled one of those?
    Why haven't you upgraded it yet? Don't know the upgraded stats? ;)
  • Olli8888Olli8888 Member Posts: 557 ✭✭✭
    No bug @Hutch_Robin ?!?!??
    @Olli8888 it's correct now LOL
  • Huskic69Huskic69 Member Posts: 1,479 ✭✭✭✭✭

look at how sharp and crisp those characters are at the upgrade section and how blurry they are on the card 
    nonetheless nice edit @mazeoops

• TwinkieTwinkie Member Posts: 559 ✭✭✭✭
    edited October 8
    mauro07 said:

The weird hill climb results is exacrly what i posted... you didnt mention to change anything with this car... the only thing mentioned is that lighter cars bow perform better on hill climbs... and the 4 matic is lighter than a s8 plus... so it shouldnt lose by 300 points or whatever instead of winning
  • UltimateUltimate Member Posts: 97 ✭✭
    mauro07 said:

@Hutch_Robin are you saying the DNF of rwd off-roaders is the correct result or a bug that needs to be fixed? Your statement above is not clear
    edited October 11
    Ultimate said:
    @Hutch_Robin are you saying the DNF of rwd off-roaders is the correct result or a bug that needs to be fixed? Your statement above is not clear
    I'm literally just summarising the issues at the moment. The Twisty Road (Ice) is on an incline, so changes that affect inclines will affect performance on that challenge.
    Twinkie said:
    The weird hill climb results is exacrly what i posted... you didnt mention to change anything with this car... the only thing mentioned is that lighter cars bow perform better on hill climbs... and the 4 matic is lighter than a s8 plus... so it should lose by 300 points or whatever instead of winning
    Took a quick look, looks like the Audi S8 plus is much improved on hill climb dirt than in the past. The 4Matic is slightly slower. I'll add it to the list.

Main reports of changes are:

- Multiple RWD Off Road tyre cars are DNFing on Twisty Road (Snow)
    - Some cars diverging in performance on off road Hill Climb in unexpected ways
    Post edited by Hutch_Robin on