General Discussion

Update 7.0 Bugs

Comments

• HeissRodHeissRod Member Posts: 3,159 ✭✭✭✭✭
    HeissRod said:
    HeissRod said:
    No why is it ok, let us just filter out whatever manufacturers we want, jeez... 
    Why is it such a problem that it doesn't?  Were you really that hard pressed to need help in finding your Bugattis, Paganis, or Acuras? (Literally the only manufacturers not listed in the filter, prior to this update.  The update now adds Plymouth, Ram, & Scuderia to that list)

Instead, how about we mention that the filter now includes the ability to filter by the tags, such as Sleeper or Motorsport, and get happy about that.

I'd rather them spend time addressing more important concerns than something as trivial as that.
    Ugh it's about them being stubborn. 
    Pot.  Kettle.  Black.

Again, why is it such an issue?
    I wanna filter out what I wanna filter out 😒
    Now who's being stubborn?
  • greddygreddy Member Posts: 609 ✭✭✭✭
    I noticed one more thing. My saved hands dissapears after some time. Anyone noticed the same thing, or is just me? 
  • baestbaest Member Posts: 338 ✭✭✭
    greddy said:
    I noticed one more thing. My saved hands dissapears after some time. Anyone noticed the same thing, or is just me? 
    Only if I sell or fuse a card that was in them
  • greddygreddy Member Posts: 609 ✭✭✭✭
    Then probably that is the case. Too many duplicates 😆
  • RobGripesRobGripes Member Posts: 1,652 ✭✭✭✭✭
    My opponent's stock car finished the snow twisty road... :o

• mikesmikes Member Posts: 3,071 ✭✭✭✭✭
    RobGripes said:

You almost had time there. 
  • HeissRodHeissRod Member Posts: 3,159 ✭✭✭✭✭
    RobGripes said:

Uhmmm....that's not the twisty road?
  • baestbaest Member Posts: 338 ✭✭✭
    HeissRod said:
    RobGripes said:

Regardless, still makes no sense lol.
  • TNThomasTNThomas Member Posts: 504 ✭✭✭
    Not sure if it’s a ‘bug’, but my Top Drives keeps crashing on start-up. I am on iOS 12.0.1 on an iPhone X. Anyone else having this problem?
  • RobGripesRobGripes Member Posts: 1,652 ✭✭✭✭✭
    HeissRod said:
    RobGripes said:

Oooh, oops. lol

I guess going downhill is easier than twisty road. 

Nice spot, can't believe I missed that!
  • hillclimberhillclimber Member Posts: 1,454 ✭✭✭✭✭
    A follow up from my last post. Looking into the provided examples (thanks for these!) is ongoing. In the meantime, I'm excluding twisty road and hill climbs where possible. Might not be everywhere as events are created in advance, but hopefully less than there would normally be.

Challenges with Inclines

Some preliminary thoughts are that the physics corrections made for correct calculations on incline have shown the twisty road to be simply much more difficult than in the past. We'll suppress the challenge where possible for now. If it helps, this isn't bug territory - but an issue of balance. After investigating the various examples, we'll consider the options we have.

The one thing that may be related to this is 4WD's performance vs. RWD all surface/off road tyres issue. For more details, I refer you back to the physics discussion thread. This is the biggest outstanding engine change we could make, but haven't yet, as it will affect a lot of results (mainly 4WD perf on low traction surfaces). My guess (because we're still looking at the results) is that as the twisty road became super hard, this exacerbated this outstanding issue.

Slalom

Continuing to look at examples for this, and to investigate the extent different handling challenges are affected and why this might be (your examples for different challenges or weird results will help). We're talking margins of fractions of a second, but that can be enough to change which tuning wins challenges. I empathise with your frustration that a particular tune may now be less effective in certain situations.

Quickfire Summary

- We're taking time to investigate the examples you've been discussing
    - With corrected physics, for now Twisty Road is harder.
    - With the AI improvements, for some cars, a different tune is now better on slalom. We're investigating the extent of this, and will look at the overall balance of different tunes.

Few other comments:
    - Not every manufacturer is in the filter, and that's okay. Manufacturers we are not likely/able to use for events aren't in the list.
    - The 'too many upgrades on some cars' bug has got a fix
    - You can only lock cars from the 'My Garage' screen. This is the current implementation.
    - Car corrections - sounds like there are a handful of the 89, we'll aim to get these in 8.0, as we try to regularly do a round of corrections like this update.
    - Sand hill climbs offering too many points. We can look to do another challenge points balance for 8.0.

As always, we really appreciate the various reports and investigations you all do and, of course, your patience - so thank you!
    twisty road 
    it became harder, fair enough it's for everyone the same no problem. But I see an issue in consistency,  if the Nissan Patrol gets an DNF on sand no car should finish on snow or ice. and i guess that's not what you're looking for.
  • ljhcjpljhcjp Member Posts: 356 ✭✭✭
    What does ‘harder’ mean? It’s not like we are driving the cars. Am I being thick here? 
  • evilprofesseurevilprofesseur Member Posts: 336 ✭✭✭
    edited October 12
    ljhcjp said:
    What does ‘harder’ mean? It’s not like we are driving the cars. Am I being thick here? 
    ...harder for the cars to finish? Some cars don't finish even on dry asphalt now

EDIT:
    996 patrol making it instead of the 969 makes sense come to think of it, seeing as the incline is the difficult part, not the corners. 969 is better at the twisty part but falls just short of the power required to climb the hill.
    this is fun, a completely new dimension to the twisty road, I really like it. Dunno if cars on performance tires should be able to finish it on sand though. We've already touched on performance tires'...performance offroad during the 959 dakar scandal. I think  it's time Hutch took another look at it.
    Post edited by evilprofesseur on
  • sinnersinner Member Posts: 678 ✭✭✭✭
    Twisty road is so broken, no other way to describe it
  • EndlessWavesEndlessWaves Member Posts: 168 ✭✭✭
    I was benchmarking stock commons today and a lot of times seem to have changed. Most tracks are only slight differences - 0.03, 0.06 or 0.1s - but twisty road can take a couple of seconds longer, and hairpin road is a couple of seconds quicker (e.g. Stock RQ6 Prelude 2.0i was 57.20, now 54.63).

Not a bug of course, I'm just putting the observation here to help those speculating on the causes of the changes. 
  • UltimateUltimate Member Posts: 280 ✭✭✭

Quickfire Summary

@Hutch_Robin I don’t understand how a sand twisty road can be harder for a car like the patrol and easy for a Nissan skyline. Your game engines all flipped around. I mean IRL can you even drive a skyline on the beach? It doesn’t make sense 
  • Bucks73Bucks73 Member Posts: 551 ✭✭✭✭
    edited October 12
    Deleting this as it was just a posting about the Patrol on twisty road which is see has been covered!
  • TD01055TD01055 Member Posts: 1,354 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Whatever the problems, and I appreciate they are complex, PLEASE test all tracks you are planning to use with all eligible cars for this upcoming event. It would suck bright blue **** if the outcome was decided by bugged tracks
  • mauro07mauro07 Member Posts: 1,582 ✭✭✭✭
    it's a big problem for this Event for MAZDA... i hope not only Drags!! LOL
  • ATSR_997ATSR_997 Member Posts: 516 ✭✭✭✭
    Hutch_Tim said:
    Dunno if cars on performance tires should be able to finish it on sand though. We've already touched on performance tires'...performance offroad during the 959 dakar scandal. I think  it's time Hutch took another look at it.
    Yep, that's the one.

The balance of traction factors is currently quite generous to 4WD/Perf cars; they are only at a small disadvantage vs. 4WD/All-Surface (on the straight at least). I mentioned in the Dakar thread that we should review this, but we'd have to be very careful with it because it would change so many results.

What I hadn't realised was that the hill climb weight bug was disguising the effect. The weight bug meant that heavier cars could get up hills faster. It just so happens that, in general, the cars with all-surface tires are heavier. So we observed 4WD All-Surface vehicles getting up hills that 4WD Perf vehicles couldn't make it up, and assumed that was everything working. But actually the weight bug was making more of the difference than the traction.

Now we've fixed the weight bug, the traction issue has become more obvious.

Something is broken as well with the 4WD cars with performance tires on twisty tracks. They are way too effective now. The 90’s event is highlighting all the new problems in HD
  • lemmings99olemmings99o Member Posts: 765 ✭✭✭✭
    A follow up from my last post. Looking into the provided examples (thanks for these!) is ongoing. In the meantime, I'm excluding twisty road and hill climbs where possible. Might not be everywhere as events are created in advance, but hopefully less than there would normally be.

Challenges with Inclines

Some preliminary thoughts are that the physics corrections made for correct calculations on incline have shown the twisty road to be simply much more difficult than in the past. We'll suppress the challenge where possible for now. If it helps, this isn't bug territory - but an issue of balance. After investigating the various examples, we'll consider the options we have.

The one thing that may be related to this is 4WD's performance vs. RWD all surface/off road tyres issue. For more details, I refer you back to the physics discussion thread. This is the biggest outstanding engine change we could make, but haven't yet, as it will affect a lot of results (mainly 4WD perf on low traction surfaces). My guess (because we're still looking at the results) is that as the twisty road became super hard, this exacerbated this outstanding issue.

Slalom

Continuing to look at examples for this, and to investigate the extent different handling challenges are affected and why this might be (your examples for different challenges or weird results will help). We're talking margins of fractions of a second, but that can be enough to change which tuning wins challenges. I empathise with your frustration that a particular tune may now be less effective in certain situations.

Quickfire Summary

- With the AI improvements, for some cars, a different tune is now better on slalom. We're investigating the extent of this, and will look at the overall balance of different tunes.

Few other comments:
    - Not every manufacturer is in the filter, and that's okay. Manufacturers we are not likely/able to use for events aren't in the list.
    - The 'too many upgrades on some cars' bug has got a fix
    - You can only lock cars from the 'My Garage' screen. This is the current implementation.
    - Car corrections - sounds like there are a handful of the 89, we'll aim to get these in 8.0, as we try to regularly do a round of corrections like this update.
    - Sand hill climbs offering too many points. We can look to do another challenge points balance for 8.0.

As always, we really appreciate the various reports and investigations you all do and, of course, your patience - so thank you!
    Just to add to this. I'm getting results on motocross as well where I had cars previously that finished the race "volvo polestar being one since it's in the current event" that are now getting a end. I'm assuming that's the same reason as the twisty road issue?
  • RawelRawel Member Posts: 645 ✭✭✭✭

Freelander can't go up a dry dirt hill, my smurfing is ruined
  • bobdylanbobdylan Member Posts: 2,819 ✭✭✭✭✭
    My Subaru XT 033 loses wet slalom vs it's 303 counterpart now. 
    Question is , do I sell it now ? 
    Are an of these 033s worth keeping (sigh)
  • 43MK443MK4 Member Posts: 1,292 ✭✭✭✭✭
    bobdylan said:
    My Subaru XT 033 loses wet slalom vs it's 303 counterpart now. 
    Question is , do I sell it now ? 
    Are an of these 033s worth keeping (sigh)
    Well it all depends on the next planned or unplanned adjustment of the game engine :)