General Discussion

Bad smurfers

Comments

• OzzmanOzzman Member Posts: 372 ✭✭✭
    Anzatoro said:
    Guys can someone let me know please how do you farm but you still leave a common hand for others to beat?
    Farming 4 tickets and ghosting 1 ticket for common hand does not seem very optimal farming but i may miss something.

Also what if I got hand and i want to go for tier1, i am forced to leave a good hand every time i play.

One last thing, do you farm but in the same time staying low in order to lose some trophies and so always keep relatively steady trophy count?

Thanks for any information

You either do the "farming 4 tickets, ghosting the 5th" method (that's what I usually do in most events), or you can try to find a hand that is just enough to 3 star fellow smarfers, but still weak enough to be 3 starred by others. The latter lets you farm with every ticket not having to worry about leaving a bad ghost. Of course sometimes you have to modify your hand in order to beat the slightly improved hands of others, and so on. This is what I do in dailies, I have a Common, Uncommon and Rare smarfing hand for this purpose, and as the event progresses I go from Common to Uncommon, then Rare and even my best hand in the end, as needed.

If you want to go for tier 1 you can still smurf a little in the beginning, if you have a really strong hand, but of course when you decide to move up, you don't leave a bad ghost behind.

About keeping trophies low, I gave up on that since the hard floors were introduced. I'm over 7k now, so it doesn't really matter to me now. If you have much less then that, it might be good to keep it low as long as you can, but eventually you will get higher if you want to go for better prizes.

• AnzatoroAnzatoro Member Posts: 102 ✭✭
    Ozzman said:

You either do the "farming 4 tickets, ghosting the 5th" method (that's what I usually do in most events), or you can try to find a hand that is just enough to 3 star fellow smarfers, but still weak enough to be 3 starred by others. The latter lets you farm with every ticket not having to worry about leaving a bad ghost. Of course sometimes you have to modify your hand in order to beat the slightly improved hands of others, and so on. This is what I do in dailies, I have a Common, Uncommon and Rare smarfing hand for this purpose, and as the event progresses I go from Common to Uncommon, then Rare and even my best hand in the end, as needed.

Thank you very much for your answer!

What you say above, is very nice but in order to to do that successfully you need all other smurfers to work in the same way, otherwise its ruined.
    Anzatoro said:
    Ozzman said:

What you say above, is very nice but in order to to do that successfully you need all other smurfers to work in the same way, otherwise its ruined.
    Absolutely, smurfing is not something you can do alone.
  • Nacho101Nacho101 Member Posts: 168 ✭✭✭
    Anzatoro said:
    Ozzman said:

And if you intend on continuing to smurf, as @Ultimate and @Ozzman have already mentioned only use a slightly better hand than the low ghosts around you to get three stars. I will never figure out why but some switch to their strongest possible hand while continuing to smurf leaving some in the unfortunate situation of having none or very little playable ghosts. So for example: if you have players with 5 x 3RQ non-upgraded ghosts you will only need 5 x common hand (some upgraded) to beat their hand.
  • jigajiga Member Posts: 188 ✭✭✭
    edited November 15
    @Anzatoro
    some very fine smurfology being imparted in these previous posts from some of the best smurfers out there.  can't help myself but add my little bit to endorse what @Ultimate @Nacho101 @Ozzman have said.  Here is a particularly smurf-friendly smurf hand courtesy @S3XY which i 3*ed with a hand only marginally less smurf-friendly.
    on a really good day i can clear around 5 prizeboards using nothing higher than 5 rq.  but usually i do need to go a bit higher.  it does all depend on what other smurfers are running on the day.  and as Nacho101 said being smurf friendly runs the risk of getting trapped by players who switch from smurf to their very best hand once they hit bottom of the table.  some of those will move on up fairly quick (i always help them with that if i am left with no one to 3*) but some will use their best hand to win a few 3* and then do nothing - really hard to figure when they would have got their wins as readily with a few uncommons.  i try to recognise the players that do this and try not to help them go down and as soon as they switch i help them go up.   my advice:  build up the bottom end of your garage and be a smurf frindly smurfer, lean out the window and say hello neighbour, nice day for a smurf isn't it.

by the way that little fiat even at stock packs a bit of punch on certain tracks (1/2 mile not one of them).  think i might max next one i get.

• ljhcjpljhcjp Member Posts: 353 ✭✭✭
    Noooooooo! Accidentally sold one of my Renault uncommon Smurf team! Had over 800 losses against it :( 

sad sad day.
    @jiga that right there is next level smurfing, ruthlessly efficient! If only all smurfers were that good
  • UltimateUltimate Member Posts: 279 ✭✭✭
    Is it me or is Bob Bao smucking here? Awfully suspicious he is on 0 wins with 3 smurfers sporting 5 wins between them.
  • HeissRodHeissRod Member Posts: 3,129 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Bob Bao = @S3XY
  • S3XYS3XY Member Posts: 182 ✭✭✭
    @Ultimate I gave that 09605 a win. Check earlier in this thread he was identified as an enemy to smurfers :smile:
    edited November 16
    S3XY said:
    @Ultimate I gave that 09605 a win. Check earlier in this thread he was identified as an enemy to smurfers :smile:
    Ok thanks bro. Didn’t I know I walked into a war zone 😂 don’t catch me in crossfire please 😬
    Ultimate said:
    S3XY said:
    Ok thanks bro. Didn’t I walked into a war zone 😂 don’t catch me in crossfire please 😬
    Haha welcome to fight against 09605 together :wink:
    S3XY said:
    Ultimate said:
    S3XY said:
    Ok thanks bro. Didn’t I walked into a war zone 😂 don’t catch me in crossfire please 😬
    Haha welcome to fight against 09605 together :wink:
    09605 gave me 5 wins on monday.  spent the rest of that day stalking him/her and ended up feeding quite a few more wins than 5 in return.  guess the lesson not learned yet.  i always bear in mind though that was me doing that when i first started smurfing and didn't realise i had only to quit out.
    S3XY said:
    I was right! I suspected 09605 was giving me wins. I wonder if he doesn’t know that he needs to quit before playing. Whatever the reason it’s Annoying
  • luckylumpiluckylumpi Member Posts: 30 ✭✭
    Nacho101 said:
    S3XY said:
    I was right! I suspected 09605 was giving me wins. I wonder if he doesn’t know that he needs to quit before playing. Whatever the reason it’s Annoying
    I think that is exactly the problem. I didn't know that quitting before playing will not hurt the other player until I read it here. I always thought that the other one will get a winning for it.
    But it is hard to tell him if he has not joined / found this forum.
    Nacho101 said:
    S3XY said:
    I think that is exactly the problem. I didn't know that quitting before playing will not hurt the other player until I read it here. I always thought that the other one will get a winning for it.
    But it is hard to tell him if he has not joined / found this forum.
    just to be clear:  quitting before you select an opponent gives you a loss and nobody gets a win.  however if you select an opponent and then quit your opponent will receive a win.  (not clear this is what you meant).

as for 09605 and other win-feeders i think need to be treated as if they do it in full knowledge and shunned accordingly until they make good.  
    edited November 24
    I made a post on the IG forum and uncovered bad smurfer 09605. He’s been officially warned now. He’s quite unapologetic about it all. 

Update: ok didn’t actually uncover him, just another player pretending to be him. 😔 
    Post edited by Ultimate on
  • ljhcjpljhcjp Member Posts: 353 ✭✭✭
    Found this on the in game forum :( 

This is is why I can’t smarf anymore :( 
    Amateurs 
  • Huskic69Huskic69 Member Posts: 1,645 ✭✭✭✭✭
    ljhcjp said:
    Found this on the in game forum :( 

This is is why I can’t smarf anymore :( 
    my soul started hurting while reading this
    edited November 29
    I entered the daily before going to bed with the usual five losses. Woke up with 4 wins and hands like this at the back of the board:

Why oh why?

I see this guy was mentioned here before a couple of times.
    Ozzman said:
    I entered the daily before going to bed with the usual five losses. Woke up with 4 wins and hands like this at the back of the board:

Why oh why?

The AS brackets have multiple players just like this, sometimes outnumbering genuine smurfers.  they are a pita.  they play an enticing smurf hand til they get to the bottom and then pull out a getfed hand just like that.  they feed off the real smurfers and give nothing back.  they need to be actively discouraged
    jiga said:
    Ozzman said:

Why oh why?

The AS brackets have multiple players just like this, sometimes outnumbering genuine smurfers.  they are a pita.  they play an enticing smurf hand til they get to the bottom and then pull out a getfed hand just like that.  they feed off the real smurfers and give nothing back.  they need to be actively discouraged
    Wish us smurfers had our own private bracket
  • bluedogsnoopbluedogsnoop Member Posts: 314 ✭✭✭✭
    I read this thread and I just shake my head.

I smurf/smarf however you want to describe it. I have been doing so for most of the American Dream events recently as I really have few good cars for those. I take myself low and then just see what I can play when down there. A few times I am the 100th player and I cannot beat those in 97th-99th or only will do so with a 1* win. I shrug and move on though.

In the daily I always take myself low and then aim to be in the top 30 for the Aluminium at the end. I play this way everyday and will not change that. I am certain many others do the same. 

This is how I play. I respect how you play but I will not be told how to play your way. You can gift me wins (happens all the time) and I will not complain. You can name names here and again it would not change me (for the record I have not been name checked yet) but I will simply tell you that I think it is churlish and ridiculous.

No one made any of you the chosen one to decide how others play. You do not have any information or background as to how others play or why they play that way. They may be a young child, they may be someone with learning difficulties, or they may just be the average player trying to best make do with the cars they have, however they can. It matters not. They should all should be treated equally and respectfully. This is just a game. It is meant to be fun. It is not meant for vendettas and revenge. If you think it is, then you are playing the wrong game. 

• Parimal_2000Parimal_2000 Member Posts: 697 ✭✭✭✭
    edited November 30
    jiga said:
    Ozzman said:

Why oh why?

How should we plan on beating that hand? By revving our 2CV's?
    Post edited by Parimal_2000 on
    Well said @jiga
  • SubaruLover04SubaruLover04 Member Posts: 325 ✭✭✭✭
    I think someone hates me I get fed a win or two at the start of just about every daily. Can't wait to feed whomever is doing it wins. Just need to find out who.
    I think someone hates me I get fed a win or two at the start of just about every daily. Can't wait to feed whomever is doing it wins. Just need to find out who.
    29925 seems to be the guy here. if he didn't feed that win he is supposed to be -23