General Discussion

Bad smurfers

Comments

• justjukiejustjukie Member Posts: 17
    @SubaruLover04 I have noticed it happening to you more, usually on the events where you get in before me but happened to me on two of the dailies of the weekend as well.
  • SubaruLover04SubaruLover04 Member Posts: 326 ✭✭✭✭
    S3XY said:
    I think someone hates me I get fed a win or two at the start of just about every daily. Can't wait to feed whomever is doing it wins. Just need to find out who.
    29925 seems to be the guy here. if he didn't feed that win he is supposed to be -23
    Thanks for the info, I'll definitely be keeping my eye on him.
    justjukie said:
    @SubaruLover04 I have noticed it happening to you more, usually on the events where you get in before me but happened to me on two of the dailies of the weekend as well.
    Good to know it's not just me. When we find out who it is, do you want to help me teach them a lesson?

• AJTheCaveManAJTheCaveMan Member, Wrenchmen Posts: 1,309 ✭✭✭✭✭
    IDK if you see this guy in your brackets, but he has continued to hand out wins for months now on the US side.. 

Cooper Miller: To this day, this guy hands out wins to all farmers in my dailies at every opportunity. And was bragging publicly (on the IG) for doing this. Continously feed him to keep him out of trolling range!

*I've attached multiple screenshots.
    1st pic showing proof that it was Cooper Miller saying this (IG name Cannonball 13).
    2nd pic is from months ago, with him bragging about trolling other farmers for fun.
    3rd pic is from just a couple of weeks ago, showing he is still proudly doing it!
    2)
    3)
    justjukie said:
    Good to know it's not just me. When we find out who it is, do you want to help me teach them a lesson?

Absolutely. Give me the word and I'll pop him wins all the time, there are very few that smurf around us that could lose to my worst hand. 
  • SubaruLover04SubaruLover04 Member Posts: 326 ✭✭✭✭
    justjukie said:
    justjukie said:

Absolutely. Give me the word and I'll pop him wins all the time, there are very few that smurf around us that could lose to my worst hand. 

29925 is our guy, I tried to feed him wins with the rest of my tickets but he didn't pop up as an opponent. 

29925 is our guy, I tried to feed him wins with the rest of my tickets but he didn't pop up as an opponent. 
    Sounds good. I'll hit him.
  • kaje73kaje73 Member Posts: 60 ✭✭
    justjukie said:

Sounds good. I'll hit him.
    I’m in with you guys on my second account. I’ll feed him too. 

• AnzatoroAnzatoro Member Posts: 102 ✭✭
    edited December 6
    I did not know where to ask these two questions, I thought they are more relevant with (bad?) smurfing, so i will just lay them here.
    Forgive me if i should put them elsewhere.

(Just fyi, I am F2P playing for less than 2 months so if i miss something or i get something wrong, please let me know)

I was casually smurfing in daily bottom, when i saw this guy put his best hand, i legitimately asked myself many times how is that possible.

So this guy has two prize cars (and sits at 2500 trophies), meaning he has won AT LEAST 1800 trophies only for getting these T1 finishes.
    I really struggle to believe that someone can play so long without EVER winning ANYTHING (not even prelims, nothing) except 2-3 finals, anyone care to explain?
    Please note that you have to also level up your RQ, so he NEVER won anything not even during lvl up? Thats either heavy P2W with a plan, or F2P with masterplan from the VERY FIRST DAY.
    Not to be completely out of topic, he also stays on this hand at the bottom for too long.

My second question has to do with event entry, I have several times joined events INSTANTLY the first second it goes live, only to see people having 0-17 in the first 5 minutes, i really struggle to believe that they pay for extra tickets in the first 5 minutes just to dive, i mean thats stupid isnt it?

Thanks for your time to read.
    Anzatoro said:
    I did not know where to ask these two questions, I thought they are more relevant with (bad?) smurfing, so i will just lay them here.

(Just fyi, I am F2P playing for less than 2 months so if i miss something or i get something wrong, please let me know)

I was casually smurfing in daily bottom, when i saw this guy put his best hand, i legitimately asked myself many times how is that possible.

So this guy has two prize cars (and sits at 2500 trophies), meaning he has won AT LEAST 1800 trophies only for getting these T1 finishes.
    I really struggle to think that someone can play so long without EVER winning anything except 2-3 finals, anyone care to explain?
    Not to be completely out of topic, he also stays for this hand at the bottom for too long.

My second question has to do with event entry, I have several times joined events INSTANTLY the first second it goes live, only to see people having 0-17 in the first 5 minutes, i really struggle to think that they pay for extra tickets in the first 5 minutes just to dive, i mean thats stupid isnt it?

To your first question, he is probably just a bad smurfer. He will use that had all the time and never leave a bad ghost hand up so thats why you always see his good cars. 

To your second question, they aren't using extra tickets. I'm lucky enough to almost always be able to join the daily event right when it becomes active because of how slow I get at work around that time so I can immediately go 0-5 with my smurf hand which means that as the people who join right away go for wins they hit my hand for easy wins making me 0-10, 0-11, 0-15, 0-17 right away. You definitely don't need to spend tickets to get losses if you leave up a really bad hand. I love the days I get lucky enough to be the only one getting hit and comeback to my hand being 0-20 or 0-30 so I can just straight farm without having to lose again. 
    justjukie said:
    Anzatoro said:

I really struggle to think that someone can play so long without EVER winning anything except 2-3 finals, anyone care to explain?
    Not to be completely out of topic, he also stays for this hand at the bottom for too long.

My second question has to do with event entry, I have several times joined events INSTANTLY the first second it goes live, only to see people having 0-17 in the first 5 minutes, i really struggle to think that they pay for extra tickets in the first 5 minutes just to dive, i mean thats stupid isnt it?

To your first question, he is probably just a bad smurfer. He will use that had all the time and never leave a bad ghost hand up so thats why you always see his good cars. 

To your second question, they aren't using extra tickets. I'm lucky enough to almost always be able to join the daily event right when it becomes active because of how slow I get at work around that time so I can immediately go 0-5 with my smurf hand which means that as the people who join right away go for wins they hit my hand for easy wins making me 0-10, 0-11, 0-15, 0-17 right away. You definitely don't need to spend tickets to get losses if you leave up a really bad hand. I love the days I get lucky enough to be the only one getting hit and comeback to my hand being 0-20 or 0-30 so I can just straight farm without having to lose again. 

Thank you for your reply

Considering my first question, is it possible for you to comment the main frame of it? About how is it possible to have those cars with so few trophies.

For the second one, i can understand what you say, but i usually enter RIGHT AWAY when the event becomes availalbe, the very first moment.
    However i never had 0-20 in the first 5 minutes, and when i see those numbers its usually in the same names. 
    So there has to be something more, its impossible that when i join there are 3 people in the event, 5 minutes later there are 25 people and the last one is on 0-20 while i am on 0-8.
    Its just not normal.
  • TD01055TD01055 Member Posts: 1,354 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Anzatoro said:
    justjukie said:
    Anzatoro said:

Thank you for your reply

Considering my first question, is it possible for you to comment the main frame of it? About how is it possible to have those cars with so few trophies.

For the second one, i can understand what you say, but i usually enter RIGHT AWAY when the event becomes availalbe, the very first moment.
    However i never had 0-20 in the first 5 minutes, and when i see those numbers its usually in the same names. 
    So there has to be something more, its impossible that when i join there are 3 people in the event, 5 minutes later there are 25 people and the last one is on 0-20 while i am on 0-8.
    Its just not normal.
    Something like your first point happened before and hutch looked into it. It turned out to be a display bug I think - 2500 was the old default trophy count. Can’t remember the thread to link. 

The 2nd can happen if you go in with 5x2cvs. You would be a target for everyone, even fellow smurfers would pick up a cheeky 3 star win. It’s not out of the question to rack up losses like that
    edited December 6
    TD01055 said:
    Anzatoro said:
    justjukie said:
    Anzatoro said:

Thank you for your reply

Its just not normal.
    Something like your first point happened before and hutch looked into it. It turned out to be a display bug I think - 2500 was the old default trophy count. Can’t remember the thread to link. 

The 2nd can happen if you go in with 5x2cvs. You would be a target for everyone, even fellow smurfers would pick up a cheeky 3 star win. It’s not out of the question to rack up losses like that
    I really did not think of a display bug, that would explain it all.
    So you too believe that its not possible right?

As for the other, my hand is 4x 2CV 1x Renault 4, so i still keep my doubts about what you said as my hand is lucrative too for everyone..
  • Blue2moroBlue2moro Member Posts: 256 ✭✭✭
    Just over 2 minutes into the new daily with my Carol smurfing hand. Why feed this many wins... :'(

• UncleGaryUncleGary Member Posts: 141 ✭✭✭
    justjukie said:
    Anzatoro said:

Running low on pitch forks in here yet guys? All this shaming and forced conformity is getting to the point of ridiculous now. 

Yep, thats me in the screenshot. Probably got enough losses for the day and with only enough time left on the clock  to secure my daily aluminium and that little bit of extra gold from tier 2 or 3 like I always do. That means I don't want any more losses.

But nevermind what I want for myself. Let's talk about what you want from me, because that's what this seems to be all about. Let's work out a way I can play the game that makes you happy all the time.
  • bluedogsnoopbluedogsnoop Member Posts: 319 ✭✭✭✭
    UncleGary said:
    Running low on pitch forks in here yet guys? All this shaming and forced conformity is getting to the point of ridiculous now. 

Yep, thats me in the screenshot. Probably got enough losses for the day and with only enough time left on the clock  to secure my daily aluminium and that little bit of extra gold from tier 2 or 3 like I always do. That means I don't want any more losses.

But nevermind what I want for myself. Let's talk about what you want from me, because that's what this seems to be all about. Let's work out a way I can play the game that makes you happy all the time.
    Could not agree with this more. This whole thread is beyond ridiculous.
  • AndreasSimmerAndreasSimmer Member Posts: 40 ✭✭
    edited December 7
    UncleGary said:

Could not agree with this more. This whole thread is beyond ridiculous.
    This tread always made me wonder. Why point at people you most likely dont know, let alone their reasons?!
    Try to focus on the positive things, good cooperations, instead of shaming players here.
    More fun, less politics.

Edit: I smurf a lot, and get to feel some of the above spoken problems on my own. but its just a game, and i can still farm 6 digits cash each day.
    UncleGary said:

Hey man, I am sorry for that, but i guess i was wrong posting my questions in this thread, i just thought its more relevant to smurfing.
    I said about you keeping this hand for too long just so my post not to be considered out of topic. I realize now that was not a good idea, I dont actually like naming and shaming too.
    I only wanted to know if your trophy count is a visual game bug or its some kind of masterplan and if you are pure F2P or P2W, because i was pretty astonished when i saw it.

Thats all i wanted, sorry again.
  • UncleGaryUncleGary Member Posts: 141 ✭✭✭
    Anzatoro said:

Hey man, I am sorry for that, but i guess i was wrong posting my questions in this thread, i just thought its more relevant to smurfing.
    I said about you keeping this hand for too long just so my post not to be considered out of topic. I realize now that was not a good idea, I dont actually like naming and shaming too.
    I only wanted to know if your trophy count is a visual game bug or its some kind of masterplan and if you are pure F2P or P2W, because i was pretty astonished when i saw it.

Thats all i wanted, sorry again.
    No worries, I've been wanting to post something in this thread for a while because I think all this talk about win-feeding, ganging up on people and making enemies is getting out of hand. It might have seemed like I only care because I got my screenshot up here, but that was only the final straw that got me to post at last.

I am certainly not trying to grief anyone, and I think that goes for serveral other people that are mentioned here as "bad smurfers" as well.
    The "socially acceptable" way to smurf seems, by reading this thread, to only get more and more limited in terms of what you are allowed to do before you get some gang of angry people feeding you wins because they hate your guts.

Some people know how quitting before selecting an opponent works and others don't. I know I didn't when I first started playing. Doesn't mean they want to cause you pain. Some people want an aluminium pack at the end of the day and others don't. I do my best to farm as much as possible, when I don't have any climbing to do I always quit with a smurf hand with my 5th ticket.

And no, my trophy count is not a bug. I'm F2P, playing for about 6 months and obviously poor given that I can not afford the luxury of putting even one fuse in my Audi.
  • 43MK443MK4 Member Posts: 1,289 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Wooow that’s bad! Seems like I just got 5 wins from nitin verma. Come on just quit before choosing me!

• ReaktorKalleReaktorKalle Member Posts: 183 ✭✭✭
    edited December 10

Nice. I have won 6 Times while I was asleep. 

Edit:

And another 2 wins. Thank you Thomas Berglund?
    Post edited by ReaktorKalle on
  • jigajiga Member Posts: 191 ✭✭✭
    43MK4 said:
    Wooow that’s bad! Seems like I just got 5 wins from nitin verma. Come on just quit before choosing me!

I have never noticed nitin verma doing that before though from that shot does look like it.  I wonder if the culprit just isn't showing on the board due to a bug/delay in the system?  Is TD09605 in your bracket by any chance?  
  • ljhcjpljhcjp Member Posts: 356 ✭✭✭

Edit:

Ngl, I feed you wins in the daily’s because you are one of the ones who sinks to the bottom and then plays a full strength deck. Why do you do this with like 16hours to go? It’s not helpful to other smarfers. 

• 43MK443MK4 Member Posts: 1,289 ✭✭✭✭✭
    jiga said:
    43MK4 said:

I have never noticed nitin verma doing that before though from that shot does look like it.  I wonder if the culprit just isn't showing on the board due to a bug/delay in the system?  Is TD09605 in your bracket by any chance?  
    He is not in any of my brackets today.
  • ReaktorKalleReaktorKalle Member Posts: 183 ✭✭✭
    ljhcjp said:

Edit:

Ngl, I feed you wins in the daily’s because you are one of the ones who sinks to the bottom and then plays a full strength deck. Why do you do this with like 16hours to go? It’s not helpful to other smarfers. 

Accepted. I tried to get tiers up, but its not worth it, so I‘m going back to increasing hands. Sorry for that...
  • Huskic69Huskic69 Member Posts: 1,648 ✭✭✭✭✭
    ljhcjp said:

Edit:

well there are other smurfers too
    ljhcjp said:

So we just have to play the game the way you want us to basically? 

I like many others will go low when the event starts and then the next day work my way up the board during the day, and try to get into the top 30 for an aluminium pack. That is a strategy. I do it every day. 

Other events I either compete or I stay low (US Event currently). I do what works best for me. Currently in the US Event I am last in my bracket and the 3 above me are all playing maxed out hands just hammering me. Such is life. I will not complain here about that (I am merely making a point of order on this). I am now forced to play my best hand which can beat two of them and life goes on. 
    edited December 10
    ljhcjp said:

I like many others will go low when the event starts and then the next day work my way up the board during the day, and try to get into the top 30 for an aluminium pack. That is a strategy. I do it every day. 

Other events I either compete or I stay low (US Event currently). I do what works best for me. Currently in the US Event I am last in my bracket and the 3 above me are all playing maxed out hands just hammering me. Such is life. I will not complain here about that (I am merely making a point of order on this). I am now forced to play my best hand which can beat two of them and life goes on. 
    I never said that, I just voiced my opinion.
    It’s unhelpful when you have to try and beat players with 5 legendaries when you are positioned at the bottom. 

At this point you are a pot calling the kettle black, because you are dictating how I should be playing. If I want to feed him wins because of this reason, I will. 
    Huskic69 said:
    ljhcjp said:

Edit:

well there are other smurfers too
    True, I take your point. 
    Anyway it’s just good etiquette. This forum is known for helping each other out. So if you are going to fall to the bottom, the least you can do is play a beatable hand on your way up and amend it accordingly. IMO
    ljhcjp said:
    ljhcjp said:

I never said that, I just voiced my opinion.
    It’s unhelpful when you have to try and beat players with 5 legendaries when you are positioned at the bottom. 

At this point you are a pot calling the kettle black, because you are dictating how I should be playing. If I want to feed him wins because of this reason, I will. 

No I really do not care how you play. You do what you like. What I have an objection with is you stating 'Why do you do this with like 16hours to go? It’s not helpful to other smarfers'.

Bad mouthing someone on a forum without knowing the circumstances or reasons for their gameplay is not good etiquette as you put it.