General Discussion

Suggestions - for new patch

GaborBartalGaborBartal Member Posts: 6
edited October 10 in General Discussion
The new patch with 89 new cars and various other features and improvements is sweet.
I was thinking of a few more:

- Fuse-list-buttons and lock feature are great. Furthermore, in the fuse screen, stock (non-tuned) cars could have a border around it to signal that. This would allow people to quickly drag and drop cars they haven't worked on, instead of having to open one by one, then flip the card, then scroll down to see if the car is 1-1-1. No one would like to accidentally fuse a car they spend money on, and currently it's a cumbersome process. Or maybe a simpler solution is, when you tap on a car in the fuse list, it could also list the sell value (for some reason that only appears when you are outside the fuse screen). Most players know the default values of tiers (125-250-etc) and that would be a good enough indication they're good to go.
The ad watch reward further complicates things, as it upgrades a random car of yours, so you really never know what is safe to fuse from the list. 

- Perhaps the next periodic store discount (weekly? more frequent? never checked) could come with a few garage slots. I know these are rare though, but would be badly needed to be able to keep at least 1-2 American Dream cards. Most people are low on empty slots, if not zero. They'd still pay for it with gold or cash, just a nice gesture from devs.

- All store discounts (of all kinds) start at the same time as events end, and last 24 or 48 hours. It means they also expire right when the events end, while people could really use the few golds that the event itself gives them to count towards buying a discount. Could the store discount timer end just a tad bit later? +1 hour or something.

- The "play your hand in any order" feature is great, but the UI didn't change, first empty slot is still larger and says "drag card here", suggesting the user that is the only slot they can play. Most people don't read patch notes on this forum.
Also, we might as well be able to drag a car back from a slot, not just the "Reset hand" button.

- I always wondered why only "Race Won" is displayed, but no other data that you saw a split second before that: lap times of you and the AI, and their final speed. That would be quite useful to increase your knowledge in the game, and would also make the game more serious. Right now you just won, no data shown, it doesn't give justice to the complex physics engine and AI under the hood

Cheers,
G

Comments

• OzzmanOzzman Member Posts: 238 ✭✭✭

I agree, especially with the last two suggestions.

Another great feature would be the ability to look at the current ghosts you have for the tracksets in a certain event.

And I still find it a bit annoying that the cars in your holding pool just disappear after 24 hours, an auto-sell feature would be nice in this case.

• GaborBartalGaborBartal Member Posts: 6
    Ozzman said:

And I still find it a bit annoying that the cars in your holding pool just disappear after 24 hours, an auto-sell feature would be nice in this case.

I never thought about that, but so true! Often you don't have wifi access or is busy with life, you shouldn't lose the reward you get.
  • MoogMoog Member Posts: 47 ✭✭
    I can see why they wouldn't want auto-sell, so if it was implemented, perhaps it auto-sells for 50% of the value as a compromise?

I'm big fan of race times being displayed on the 'Finish' screen, I can't think of a reason against doing this and it sounds like it would be minimal dev time.
  • milewski1015milewski1015 Member Posts: 1,384 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Ozzman said:

I agree, especially with the last two suggestions.

Another great feature would be the ability to look at the current ghosts you have for the tracksets in a certain event.

I’m all for the looking at current ghosts, that would be a great implementation. 

As far as the holding pool suggestion goes, I don’t think Hutch will ever implement something like it. They need ways to keep people coming back to their game. If you could just set your holding pool to auto-sell once the timer expires, people have less reason to open the game back up after a normal playing session.
  • OzzmanOzzman Member Posts: 238 ✭✭✭
    Yeah I know auto-sell will never be implemented, but it would be nice nevertheless. :)
  • TopDrives20409TopDrives20409 Member Posts: 170 ✭✭✭
    I’m not convinced by the 250 point limit for DNF results. Basically, you can finish a race and lose more points than if you DNF, which seems counter-intuitive. I think it should be increased to make it more damaging - maybe 350? 
  • MoogMoog Member Posts: 47 ✭✭
    I agree that auto-sell is a big ask, but they could monetise it. You could pay 100 gold or something to hire a car dealer who auto-sells for you for a few days for example.
    Once it's in, it could be a minor reward as part of a lower tier prize or something for spotting bug fixes or so. Basically a sweetener that doesn't give away too much power.