General Discussion

So are 699 cars really useless now?

2»

Comments

• grandvachegrandvache Member Posts: 1,440 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Moog said:
    I don't think that there should be a rule that a certain build should always win on certain tracks, there are other variables at play. I do agree that there should be a usage for the various builds though so a 699 Countach is the 'correct' build and a 969 Countach is lolololol. In my mind in a perfect world they've all got their uses.

Agree, I'm talking in general one might expect tune X to win track Y.
  • evilprofesseurevilprofesseur Member Posts: 336 ✭✭✭
    edited October 10
    I'm not fine with our carefully set up garages suddenly becoming uncompetitive. 
    Uncompetitive against who exactly?
    against everyone who has cars I invested in but haven't had time to tune them yet. Everyone who suddenly draws them now. For instance, I have two 911 gt3rses maxed 699. They will lose to the freshly drawn ones and even if I get a third one maxing it seems rather ridiculous considering the number of epics that could use maxing. This will definitely hit people who spend little or nothing as higher class cars are a huge investment and setting up another copy of a car would be extremely wasteful with the resources they have.
    Newer players will also have an advantage, though one might argue they could use one.

also
    Moog said:
    I don't think that there should be a rule that a certain build should always win on certain tracks, there are other variables at play. I do agree that there should be a usage for the various builds though so a 699 Countach is the 'correct' build and a 969 Countach is lolololol. In my mind in a perfect world they've all got their uses.
    I demand to know more about the aforementioned Countach.
  • MoogMoog Member Posts: 81 ✭✭✭

Moog said:
    I demand to know more about the aforementioned Countach.
    I got it in a plastic :)
  • EndlessWavesEndlessWaves Member Posts: 168 ✭✭✭
    against everyone who has cars I invested in but haven't had time to tune them yet. Everyone who suddenly draws them now. For instance, I have two 911 gt3rses maxed 699. They will lose to the freshly drawn ones and even if I get a third one maxing it seems rather ridiculous considering the number of epics that could use maxing. This will definitely hit people who spend little or nothing as higher class cars are a huge investment and setting up another copy of a car would be extremely wasteful with the resources they have.
    Newer players will also have an advantage, though one might argue they could use one.
    You're uncompetitive against people without the car because... they have a chance to get it and max it? Well, you have the same chance and it'll take them the same amount of effort to max their first as it does your second or third - and you'll retain the advantage of having a second car when needed, and for those tracks where 233 wins.

The only players who might have gained a small advantage here are those about to do the final fuse on a vehicle. And arguably not even them, given that they now have a much higher chance of not ending up the optimal tune due to the out of date info and uncertainty around. 

So a small number of players on one or two cars might be in a slightly better position after the patch. There's no other group of players that's suddenly leapfrogged ahead of you, you haven't suddenly become less competitive. 
  • Nacho101Nacho101 Member Posts: 170 ✭✭✭
    Those of us who were ‘wise’ and upgraded cars like the lotus Elise sport 233 are now the ‘fools’ and will be uncompetitive against those that upgaded 323.
2»