General Discussion

7.0 opinions and ideas to improve future updates

SubaruLover04SubaruLover04 Member Posts: 285 ✭✭✭
I'm making this thread so we can come together as a community and share what we like about 7.0 what we dislike and recommendations to improve feature updates(bugs, stats etc.) 
What I like about 7.0: I definitely liked the cars added to chevy, nice to see the cars I recommended get added to the game. I also like that SCG was added, I wasn't expecting that. Even if it's one car it's still nice to have. 
I like the added features, fuse lock, rolling start symbol and placing cards in any order. I don't know about the rest of you but I still go from left to right, nevertheless still a nice feature to have
Dislikes: bugs, it's always expected at this point. I wish hutch would do a bit better testing but it is what it is. 
A bit heavy on the prize cars, I don't know about anyone else but I feel like a majority of the new good cars are prize cars. I don't think cars like the Ram, Plymouth Superbird should've been prize cars. 
Disappointed with cars not added, I feel like this update was definitely missing cars from the manufactures added like the ME 412, more Ram cars and I was hoping for the Dodge stealth R/T nice AWD sleeper. I know hutch can't get every car from a manufacturer but I feel like they could've added a few more popular ones with out too many issues. 
Incorrect stats, I'm ok with a picture being wrong it's not that big of a deal. Would be nice to have an accurate one but it doesn't really bug me. It's stuff like the SRT Durango that definitely should not have stats that off. Don't want to get to much into it list your opinions below.
Ideas for future updates. To prevent the dislike list existing I have an idea for hutch, release an update with all new cars and features added but your unable to pull the cars from packs. This way the players can look at the cards and tell you correct stats without having people pull them yet. SRT Durango is my example, it's a super rare right now easy to max. If the stats are corrected that should turn into an epic. People who pulled and maxed it got a maxed epic at a very cheap price. Back to the idea you give people about a week to report them (incorrect car stats) then fix them, now that the patch is released without the cars but with all the new features, players could point out bugs and they can be fixed when the cars stats are fixed. This way we would have to wait another week but have a much better quality update and not have to wait a while for bad bugs to get fixed. Thanks for reading let me know what you think. 

Comments

• TGPDTGPD Member Posts: 4,321 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Incorrect race results, lacklustre effort in creating an RQ balance and no effort at all to inform us of the RQ changes.
    Yeh this update was okay, but without the new cars it's just useless.
  • RawelRawel Member Posts: 541 ✭✭✭✭
    I just want 699 cars to win slaloms and g-forces
  • Amy25Amy25 Member Posts: 17
    I would have liked an American Dream Pack offer, maybe in combination with garage slots. For example for 2000 gold with 20 places and American CF. Maybe there will be something else like that.
  • TGPDTGPD Member Posts: 4,321 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Rawel said:
    I just want 699 cars to win slaloms and g-forces
    There is a point where the additional power doesn't make a difference on a twisty course, like twisty circuit, compared to reduced weight which not only improves straight-line speed. This is very significant on higher-end cars like the Jaguar F-Type Convertible. 
    For example the additional power reduces 0.1 seconds off 0-60 time (assuming the acceleration curve is the same)
    BUT the weight upgrade shaves 0.08 seconds off 0-60 time but provides 2% additional grip?
    303 still wins drags against 033, but gets beaten on just about everything else.

There is also another point where the engine upgrades are just not as effective against weight upgrades.
    For example the additional power reduces 0.1 seconds off 0-60 time (assuming the acceleration curve is the same)
    but the weight upgrade shaves 0.12 seconds off 0-60 time AND provides 2% additional grip?
    Shouldn't the 033 car trounce the 303 on everything? It's basic logic guys. 

Weight upgrades should be the way to go.

There's another thing to consider: Adding power doesn't make you launch off the line quicker, it just spins it's wheels and waste power.
    A 1969 Camaro with street tyres aren't gonna beat a Lotus Elise fitted with slicks off the line. It's just not. Maybe in the long run.
  • 43MK443MK4 Member Posts: 1,173 ✭✭✭✭
    I'm quite annoyed by the fact that I have no clue now how to tune cars, can't really afford messed up tunes on tier B and up. I have no idea if this is supposed to permanent and intended change or another bug. If it's intended why wasn't it explicitly mentioned in patch notes. If it's a bug then will it be changed/adjusted in near future. Right now due to that issue and lack of statement by Hutch all final fuses are on stand by for me.
  • MSteeLMSteeL Member Posts: 343 ✭✭✭
    This cant be intended, people didnt throw in thousands of $ to tune the cars wrong.
  • Steph81Steph81 Member Posts: 58 ✭✭
    Amy25 said:
    I would have liked an American Dream Pack offer, maybe in combination with garage slots. For example for 2000 gold with 20 places and American CF. Maybe there will be something else like that.
    Just wait for the first Event with the new cars, then we will see the offers.
    Offers always came with the first related Event... just take your time... all those begging for instant offers...
  • baestbaest Member Posts: 150 ✭✭✭
    The silence is deafening innit.
  • UltimateUltimate Member Posts: 100 ✭✭✭
    A lock/unlock filter