General Discussion

Infiniti War - BMW Event

mikesmikes Member Posts: 2,959 ✭✭✭✭✭
Looks like the beginning of a Tri-Series for the Q60 prize car. My BMW hand isn't great, but I wonder what manufacturer we will actually need in the finals.

Comments

• greddygreddy Member Posts: 513 ✭✭✭
    Nice smurf event 
  • ManUtdTobbeManUtdTobbe Member Posts: 645 ✭✭✭✭
    My BMW hand is oh so very very very bad...

Got 1 maxed BMW and that's RQ18, have one Epic stock and then all super rare/rare stocks, oops.
  • greddygreddy Member Posts: 513 ✭✭✭
    Two bmw events? 
  • HeissRodHeissRod Member Posts: 2,946 ✭✭✭✭✭
    My best BMW is a C18  :D
  • mauro07mauro07 Member Posts: 1,471 ✭✭✭✭
    i don't see this events :(
  • Ivo_KamburovIvo_Kamburov Member Posts: 462 ✭✭✭
    mauro07 said:
    i don't see this events :(
    Throw money at Hutch 
    Oh wait, just buy packs, it's the same thing
  • flight4590flight4590 Member Posts: 543 ✭✭✭
    2018 pop culture in my Top Drives?

Reeeeeeeeeeeeee
  • TNThomasTNThomas Member Posts: 468 ✭✭✭
    greddy said:
    Two bmw events? 
    Same here..
  • JacoJaco Member Posts: 931 ✭✭✭✭
    M3 GTS finals and Infinity finals for GTS owners?
    No way they would limit the winning of a new prize car to the owner of old prize cars.  Are you nuts?
    Jaco said:
    M3 GTS finals and Infinity finals for GTS owners?
    i don't think.. there are players with 2 or 3 of this car!!
    HeissRod said:
    No way they would limit the winning of a new prize car to the owner of old prize cars.  Are you nuts?
    As if said prize car was worth it.  Yeah it's a decently fast Japanese 4WD with ABS and TC but..  I still don't see the Infiniti prize car being much more than bragging rights.  Then again I may be wrong given how Tokyo usually has rain on a normal basis.
    HeissRod said:
    As if said prize car was worth it.  Yeah it's a decently fast Japanese 4WD with ABS and TC but..  I still don't see the Infiniti prize car being much more than bragging rights.  Then again I may be wrong given how Tokyo usually has rain on a normal basis.
    Agreed.  Jaco suggested that only current BMW M3 GTS owners get the chance to fight for it, though.
  • JacoJaco Member Posts: 931 ✭✭✭✭
    HeissRod said:
    HeissRod said:
    Agreed.  Jaco suggested that only current BMW M3 GTS owners get the chance to fight for it, though.

Don't know, just crossed my mind. 
  • PashaPasha Member Posts: 147 ✭✭✭
    I think to prevent a lot of M3 GTS they will make some rain and dirt or snow. 
    You know this has given me an idea into another way to gain prize cars..  Basically in every event the tier you finish in adds points to a progress bar, 1 for 5, 2 for 4, 3 for 3 etc.  Eventually even if you can't do much at all you will still get something.  Have it be some lesser or so far unreleased ones like the DS3 perf.  I could see the M3 GTS being a good candidate for a later reward of this kind, given it's similarities to the Camaro bar the ride height.
  • MettitiMettiti Member Posts: 1,680 ✭✭✭✭✭
    You know this has given me an idea into another way to gain prize cars..  Basically in every event the tier you finish in adds points to a progress bar, 1 for 5, 2 for 4, 3 for 3 etc.  Eventually even if you can't do much at all you will still get something.  Have it be some lesser or so far unreleased ones like the DS3 perf.  I could see the M3 GTS being a good candidate for a later reward of this kind, given it's similarities to the Camaro bar the ride height.
    You're making my thinker-box hurt....
    Somebody explain this
  • MSteeLMSteeL Member Posts: 393 ✭✭✭
    Another outstanding event!!!
  • NinjaDesignzNinjaDesignz Member Posts: 1,021 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Tracksets. I believe I'm missing one
  • milewski1015milewski1015 Member Posts: 1,473 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited November 8
    Mettiti said:
    Somebody explain this
    I think he means some sort of progress bar where the tier you place in fills it up. Say when you hit 20 points you get a free CF. A tier 1 finish would give 5 points, tier 2 would give 4 points, etc. This way even if you placed tier 5 in every event, you still get a decent reward for trying. 

A CF might not be the best reward of course. I’m sure smurfers would be thrilled to know after 20 events (20 tier 5 finishes) they’d get a free CF in addition to all the ceramics they opened from cash earned via smurfing. Interesting idea nonetheless. But I think Hutch would argue that they’re already giving away a good amount of free stuff (challenge mode and daily reward), and that a progress bar that fills up faster the better you do in events would just lead to a rich-get-richer scenario.
  • Parimal_2000Parimal_2000 Member Posts: 644 ✭✭✭
    X5 event.
  • EndlessWavesEndlessWaves Member Posts: 150 ✭✭✭
    Get out those Z3s
    i don't have 5 bmw all terrain!! LOL i will smurf with 5 standard tyres!! :D
    Mettiti said:
    Somebody explain this
    I think he means some sort of progress bar where the tier you place in fills it up. Say when you hit 20 points you get a free CF. A tier 1 finish would give 5 points, tier 2 would give 4 points, etc. This way even if you placed tier 5 in every event, you still get a decent reward for trying. 

A CF might not be the best reward of course. I’m sure smurfers would be thrilled to know after 20 events (20 tier 5 finishes) they’d get a free CF in addition to all the ceramics they opened from cash earned via smurfing. Interesting idea nonetheless. But I think Hutch would argue that they’re already giving away a good amount of free stuff (challenge mode and daily reward), and that a progress bar that fills up faster the better you do in events would just lead to a rich-get-richer scenario.
    correct.  But mainly for prize cars, not something like a CF.  And I do agree it would cause an issue with the rich-get-richer thing.
    @CometDan ; i see you in my bracket.... hope to not find a lot of Suv BMW... if i can i will avoid you! :)
  • PashaPasha Member Posts: 147 ✭✭✭
    how's Asian server is filling?
    @Sherby90 ; @jczero ; and other forumers that smarfing.. we are in same bracket!!