General Discussion

Physics simulation - fixes with PL7.5

2»

Comments

• Blue2moroBlue2moro Member Posts: 256 ✭✭✭
    I thought that was just a bug on my phone (Not going to latest post when entering a thread).
  • MettitiMettiti Member Posts: 1,766 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Hringur said:
    Can someone explain this? 
    #Hutched7.5
  • Ivo_KamburovIvo_Kamburov Member Posts: 526 ✭✭✭✭

What about the splitter-grinding "SUV"... 
    jiga said:
    Hringur said:
    Can someone explain this? 
    The winning car had the following advantages on this track:

Better little known features

Better adapted to withstand rigorous physics engine testing procedures
    inb4 they add VWs and they monster the hill
    Race info be like : DAS AUTO
  • hillclimberhillclimber Member Posts: 1,454 ✭✭✭✭✭

i was expecting a DNF for both but got instead 562 pts. I wonder how much a real car would score? also before the 356 couldn't finish the little hill on the tarmac twisty road now it does finish the dirt hill climb. 💇‍♂️
  • EpicexxoticEpicexxotic Member Posts: 1
    How is it possible to lose with the Lotus Elise Sport 135 (RQ19) in slalom with 2.3/3.3/3.3 against the same Lotus with 3.3/2.3/3.3? Lower weight means better performance in slalom or not ???
    How is it possible to lose with the Lotus Elise Sport 135 (RQ19) in slalom with 2.3/3.3/3.3 against the same Lotus with 3.3/2.3/3.3? Lower weight means better performance in slalom or not ???
    been happening for pretty much all cars post 7.5... sad
  • Hutch_TimHutch_Tim Administrator, Hutch Staff Posts: 396 admin
    Rawel said:
    Welcome to "eNgInE gIvEs TrAcTiOn" hidden feature
    Can't tell if you're joking, but just to clarify anyway:
    - If you don't see the orange triangle during the race (indicating the AI is throttling to maintain traction), then the engine-gives traction thing is not in play
    - Regarding the best tunes for different courses and how that should work, it's a big question and is opened up in this thread.
  • baestbaest Member Posts: 338 ✭✭✭
    Hutch_Tim said:
    Rawel said:
    Welcome to "eNgInE gIvEs TrAcTiOn" hidden feature
    Can't tell if you're joking, but just to clarify anyway:
    - If you don't see the orange triangle during the race (indicating the AI is throttling to maintain traction), then the engine-gives traction thing is not in play
    - Regarding the best tunes for different courses and how that should work, it's a big question and is opened up in this thread.
    I don't see how, in any universe, a 240Z @ 996 should be beating 240Z @ 969 on a snowy slalom, but that is the current state & really shows that there are bigger underlying issues.

What is this about?

• ManUtdTobbeManUtdTobbe Member Posts: 755 ✭✭✭✭
    Weight
  • MorkfromPorkMorkfromPork Member Posts: 2
    An easy way to add a diversification element is to introduce the concept of 'drives'. So in addition to cars, you need a driver behind the wheel, and each driver has different stats/specialities. There needs to be a way of training your driver, and maybe you can hire and fire new drivers in seasons etc etc. This way the chances of a draw become much much lower because your driver effects the outcome.
    An easy way to add a diversification element is to introduce the concept of 'drives'. So in addition to cars, you need a driver behind the wheel, and each driver has different stats/specialities. There needs to be a way of training your driver, and maybe you can hire and fire new drivers in seasons etc etc. This way the chances of a draw become much much lower because your driver effects the outcome.
    Lol this is a P2W's wet dream 😂
  • Hutch_RobinHutch_Robin Administrator, Hutch Staff Posts: 585 admin
    Definitely feels like an interesting new gameplay mode. A management mode where you build up a team of cars and drivers and compete in leagues.
  • erjuitoerjuito Member Posts: 60
    MorkfromPork said: mi
    Definitely feels like an interesting new gameplay mode. A management mode where you build up a team of cars and drivers and compete in leagues.

Para esto primero debería arreglarse el funcionamiento correcto del juego.
  • TimButTimBut Member Posts: 148 ✭✭✭
    Actually instead of driver I would see an endless car upgrade. 969 maybe the last stage of car infusing, but also we can lvl up car by cash or by amount of races, or by amount of experience car gets from each race.  Like each lvl gives 0.05 to some stats.  So we will be free from situations when there are just identical hands. 

When I'm smurfing in ceramic events, usually starting from 40 place - hands looks pretty much the same, especially in snow events.  
  • MorkfromPorkMorkfromPork Member Posts: 2
    TimBut said:
    Actually instead of driver I would see an endless car upgrade. 969 maybe the last stage of car infusing, but also we can lvl up car by cash or by amount of races, or by amount of experience car gets from each race.  Like each lvl gives 0.05 to some stats.  So we will be free from situations when there are just identical hands. 

When I'm smurfing in ceramic events, usually starting from 40 place - hands looks pretty much the same, especially in snow events.  
    I think this undermines the realising the game is 'trying' to aim for. In theory you could have a Ford mondeo doing 0-60 in 1 second if you just kept upgrading it. 
  • TimButTimBut Member Posts: 148 ✭✭✭
    since this is not a car simulator, its an arcade pixel card game - why not?  Ofc there must be some limits of upgrading cars in each class, but it will certaintly give a new breath to events,  because right now each event is just full of identical cars, kinda boring.

Maybe main stats shouldnt be changing with upgrades, like you cant max your mondeo to have 1 sec to 60. But there slightly increases mra, weight on 0,005 kg, etc. It will be a small change, but still give an advantage vs same car with a lower upgrade. 
  • mauro07mauro07 Member Posts: 1,580 ✭✭✭✭
    where is the patch? :O
2»