General Discussion

Not Mad, Just Disappointed

Comments

• TD01055TD01055 Member Posts: 1,354 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Steph81 said:
    TD01055 said:
    The only people it will affect is the hard working f2p and occasional spenders. The ones who play every ticket and SHOULD be the ones Hutch cares most about. 
    Lol, why should they care only 1 second about you f2p People? .... because you like to play a gratis game all the day? 
    Hutch wants Money Money and Money. You doesnt offer anything, so you are not important at all for them
    That’s an intersting point. I was more referring to the occasional spenders, I’m far from being a f2p sadly! Hutch has always claimed to be building a 10 year game, so a player who gets properly invested and pays 30/40 a month for the games duration should be the holy grail. The ones who pay, play, watch ads, keep thier stats up.

I still think my point is valid. This decision neither stops the whales or helps the newbies / f2p players. Really struggling to understand the motivation.
  • Hutch_RobinHutch_Robin Administrator, Hutch Staff Posts: 585 admin
    HeissRod said:
    What was the point of the Tier 1 prize cars in the qualifiers and prelims?  Without city courses or wet tracks, both are arguably terrible in this event.
    Most of the Ultra Rare Jaguars are medium height. Design-wise, it's a balance between awarding good Ultra Rares and making better cars desirable. There probably wouldn't be an off road track, that's probably too far in the other direction. Sometimes the early cars given out are appropriate/hints for the prelims. In future, where possible, we should improve how ideal the Prelims awarded cars are for the Finals challenges. I think this is a fair point.
    TimBut said:
    I wonder, what is "new player" in Hutchs mind.  Is it who is still not 150rq?  Or is i who is playing less than N months? 
    It's really both. I've mainly focused on discussing the newer high RQ players. The other kind, low RQ players, they usually compete in events with players around their level, so Finals offer an opportunity to see the journey ahead of them and to see hundreds of players compete for really cool cars. Finals are balanced knowing that lower RQ players will help fill out the brackets.
  • erjuitoerjuito Member Posts: 60
    edited November 30
    @Hutch_Robin
    Una sugerencia. Múltiples eventos de premio limitados por RQ. Usted es elegible para competir en RQ140-150, RQ130-140 o RQ120-130 según su garaje.
    Sin restricciones de autos ni nada. Los jugadores nuevos tienen más posibilidades y los veteranos pueden usar su arsenal. Todos contentos. 🙂
    Post edited by erjuito on
  • TimButTimBut Member Posts: 148 ✭✭✭
    What was the point to give UR medium height with standard tires car? Like 100% misspick for a final hand. I understand that you don't want to give free epics as we should get them from buying packs, but at least don't confuse people with inappropriate car.

And about new players. I am playing TD for 3 months, am I a new player yet?

• Sherby90Sherby90 Member Posts: 258 ✭✭✭
    edited November 30
    As things are right now the only way to enjoy this game is F2P. Buying packs and winning cars feels good for the moment, but in the long run you realise you cannot really use them when it counts. Either by rq limit, tracksets and now latest thing - ban.
    It just feels like you are moving faster towards these restrictions that leave you with the impression that all you won are a bunch of useless cars, which you fought and pretty much paid for. So there is no point fighting for them.
    I stopped buying gold when the prices were hiked, and honestly I feel like an idiot by not stopping earlier as I didn't feel any less enjoyment by finishing tier 3 as opposed to tier 1 in the finals.
  • baestbaest Member Posts: 338 ✭✭✭
    Seems my last comment was deleted. So I'll frame it differently:
    Top Drives is like paying for a penthouse to only be told that you have to live in the basement.
  • hillclimberhillclimber Member Posts: 1,454 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited November 30
    @Hutch_Robin

I do understand that snowballing needs to be prevented!

However ruling out previous won prize cars by naming them is the worst option hutch can choose and I understand also many here are ******.

I think it would take away a lot of insecurity if hutch would be ready to make a commitment to use the Non-Prize Car requirement only limited, let's say like a max of 4x per year. 
    Post edited by Gsearch on
  • MSteeLMSteeL Member Posts: 438 ✭✭✭
    edited November 30
    @Hutch_Robin

However ruling out previous won prize cars by naming them is the worst option hutch can choose and I understand also many here are *****.

I think it would take away a lot of insecurity if hutch would be ready to make a commitment to use the Non-Prize Car requirement only limited, let's say like a max of 4x per year. 
    And what if the only 4 prize cars you own get picked? Dont think this would work 
    Post edited by Gsearch on
  • ManUtdTobbeManUtdTobbe Member Posts: 755 ✭✭✭✭
    bobdylan said:
    I think prize cars should be banned from any event that wins a prize car.  

It's fair 
    If they're consistent about it then i'm cool with it, they really should have done a better job communicating this though.
  • binnerbinner Member Posts: 207 ✭✭✭
    bobdylan said:

It's fair 
    If they're consistent about it then i'm cool with it, they really should have done a better job communicating this though.
    Agreed if it becomes constitent this way I see no issue other than that Hutch may lose money since people won’t go all in on prize cars anymore. But I really see where they’re coming from. I can’t imagine how frustrating it’d be to have a good competitive hand without a prize jag and having to constantly be taking -50 losses to the prize jags. Would probably get discouraging very quickly and as the game goes on there will be more and more prize cars so it really had to happen eventually. Now it’s just up to everyone to decide if they want to spend on prize cars like they did before
  • BoxtaSBoxtaS Member Posts: 605 ✭✭✭✭
    bobdylan said:

It's fair 
    I’m not disagreeing with this, but wouldn’t that mean that the only reason to get them would be as collectors items? Or to win ceramics. 

Im not against that, I’m glad I’ve got the useless RS4.0, 2.7RS and GNX because they’re cool, but I reckon a lot of people would see it differently.

incidentally, the only car I have that can compete against the GT90, R390 & F1 is a prize car, so I’d be screwed either way! 
  • milewski1015milewski1015 Member Posts: 1,519 ✭✭✭✭✭
    bobdylan said:

It's fair 
    Don’t get me wrong, I’m all for preventing snowballing. But especially after coming off this recent XJ220 event, those new prize car owners probably saw Jags were needed for the Nismo and jumped for joy. Again, I’ll return to my point that the prize cars Jaguar has to offer are only marginally better than some non-prize cars jaguar has to offer. The people that put in resources to fight hard and earn the prize cars deserve to put them to good use, assuming they’re not extreme outliers when compared to the rest of their manufacturer (looking at you Pikes Peak). 

Communicating that jag prize cars wouldnt be usable in the finals once the qualifiers opened up would’ve been a good move. Unfortunately, this is the first time Hutch has implemented something like this, and I think they’ve learned their lesson about waiting to communicate such an important detail. 
  • BoxtaSBoxtaS Member Posts: 605 ✭✭✭✭
    bobdylan said:
    I mean you guys do realize there only what ? 16 of us who still play this game .
    All the rest are bots
    I wish I could press LOL 16 times. Good from you
  • mauro07mauro07 Member Posts: 1,580 ✭✭✭✭
    seriously.. who have prize cars? big spenders, who have the best garage in game? big spenders .... they win always if they can use this prize car or not use it!! it's a big LOL :D :D
  • HeissRodHeissRod Member Posts: 3,155 ✭✭✭✭✭
    BoxtaS said:
    bobdylan said:

It's fair 
    I’m glad I’ve got the useless RS4.0, 2.7RS and GNX ! 
    I gotta say, out of my 16 prize cars, those three are pretty useless.
  • bobdylanbobdylan Member Posts: 2,813 ✭✭✭✭✭
    I managed the rs 4.0 , 2.7rs ... but also the caterham levy  , so at least I'm a little better than you lol . 

• HeissRodHeissRod Member Posts: 3,155 ✭✭✭✭✭
    bobdylan said:
    I managed the rs 4.0 , 2.7rs ... but also the caterham levy  , so at least I'm a little better than you lol . 
    I've got the Levante as well.  It is arguably useless as well, because a maxed R500 will beat it unless it's maxed.
  • CharlieRCharlieR Member Posts: 465 ✭✭✭✭
    Banning the most collectible cars in car collecting game is not really a thought that should be born... for me the alure of this game the fact that over time you build up your garage and it only natural that i will then have advantage over those who don't have such garage. That is the damn point of this game the way that i see it
  • hillclimberhillclimber Member Posts: 1,454 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited November 30
    MSteeL said:
    @Hutch_Robin

However ruling out previous won prize cars by naming them is the worst option hutch can choose and I understand also many here are *****.

And what if the only 4 prize cars you own get picked? Dont think this would work 

MSteeL said:
    @Hutch_Robin

hmm, not sure what you would prefer instead? some here are not willing to accept the Non-Prize Car requirement ever others want it in any finals.
    without this requirement the same guys who won the P8 would be likely to now automatically win the Nissmo GT-R, newer players wouldn't stand a chance no matter what. and the game has to be attractive to new users, otherwise we long-term players will only fight each other in never filling up brackets. 
    if the requirement would be always on than that would narrow down the use and desirability of any prize car and we would hold back on upgrading them.
    A strictly limited use as a last resort seems still reasonable to me.

• NinjaDesignzNinjaDesignz Member Posts: 1,122 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Steph81 said:
    TD01055 said:
    The only people it will affect is the hard working f2p and occasional spenders. The ones who play every ticket and SHOULD be the ones Hutch cares most about. 
    Lol, why should they care only 1 second about you f2p People? .... because you like to play a gratis game all the day? 
    Hutch wants Money Money and Money. You doesnt offer anything, so you are not important at all for them
    At the moment, they are not paying attention to p2w either 
  • EndlessWavesEndlessWaves Member Posts: 168 ✭✭✭
    MSteeL said:
    Bear in mind that Prize car owners are already ahead by this point in the Nismo event because of the prelims. Prize car owners on average end up with a better Jaguar pack from that event, and a better Jaguar hand as a result. 

I don't know if Hutch are willing to share the numbers with us, but I'd bet at least two thirds of Jaguar prize car owners in the top trophy bracket ended up in the top half of the results. 
    Did you see which ones were offered as rewards for T1? Do you find any usefull?
    Absolutely, but then I'm 'merely' an above average player who beat 80% of others in a top trophy bracket and ended up with a RQ11 XJS and a Jaguar Aluminium pack that produced an RQ11 E-type. 

I'm not even sure what the Tier 1 prize was, I didn't bother to look, but a Ultra-rare or Epic of any sort AND a carbon fibre would have been a brilliant prize. A prize car that guaranteed a ceramic in any prelim event for that manufacturer would also be an excellent addition to my garage.

A lot of complaints in this thread do seem to be from people in the top fraction of a percent, who are effectively complaining that the better rate of progress of their garage compared to most players isn't fast enough, and they should have even better rewards and higher chances to win prize cars. 

Those complaints aren't necessarily invalid in a P2W game like this, but some of the posts do seem to be lacking any sense of perspective. There's always going to be a tendency for the top end to expect ever greater rewards - see CEO salaries -  so any sort of discussion has to bear in mind what most players are getting.