General Discussion

Not Mad, Just Disappointed

124»

Comments

• AguiarAguiar Member Posts: 201 ✭✭✭
    ljhcjp said:
    I think some of the bashing of HUTCH staff is unnecessary. We are all just 
    people trying to do our best in life, We all make mistakes. You simply cannot please all of the people all of the time and other such clichés. I do believe when they say it is a fine balance. 

I am frustrated with the bugs, but I genuinely don’t feel decisions such as these are malicious, or an attempt to drive us away. 

Full disclaimer: I do not have the prize cars, so maybe I would feel different if I had invested hard earned cars in them, But I do concider myself a long term player. 

just trying to add some perspective here, it’s only a game.

Bring on the disagrees! 
    I would totally agree with you. If and only if it made any sense except milking money. Explain me why would a free player have the same advantage as a paying one? You pay to win the P8, then they remove it. The car isnt OP at All against the other S cars. Give me a real reason besides selling more carbons? So imagine i payed for 10 carbons to win the P8, i have 1 good jaguar now, a New player buys 10 jaguar carbons now and get an S, he hás an advantage now. Why? Because he gave money to hutch. Did you saw this discussion when they removed Pikes peak from the suzuki competition? No because it makes sense. This doesnt make sense at All, except for the cash
  • UltimateUltimate Member Posts: 280 ✭✭✭
    Aguiar said:
    ljhcjp said:
    I think some of the bashing of HUTCH staff is unnecessary. We are all just 
    people trying to do our best in life, We all make mistakes. You simply cannot please all of the people all of the time and other such clichés. I do believe when they say it is a fine balance. 

I am frustrated with the bugs, but I genuinely don’t feel decisions such as these are malicious, or an attempt to drive us away. 

Full disclaimer: I do not have the prize cars, so maybe I would feel different if I had invested hard earned cars in them, But I do concider myself a long term player. 

just trying to add some perspective here, it’s only a game.

Bring on the disagrees! 
    I would totally agree with you. If and only if it made any sense except milking money. Explain me why would a free player have the same advantage as a paying one? You pay to win the P8, then they remove it. The car isnt OP at All against the other S cars. Give me a real reason besides selling more carbons? So imagine i payed for 10 carbons to win the P8, i have 1 good jaguar now, a New player buys 10 jaguar carbons now and get an S, he hás an advantage now. Why? Because he gave money to hutch. Did you saw this discussion when they removed Pikes peak from the suzuki competition? No because it makes sense. This doesnt make sense at All, except for the cash
    I’d like to use a pikes peak in an all Suzuki event. Pikes peak vs 5x kizashi doesn’t seem a mismatched. They just need to build an event that doesn’t give the PP an overwhelming bonus like having drags, maybe get some motocross in there, possible fix hill climb so more difficult for low cars, rain, rain, rain. City speed bumps, city speed bumps with rain. Car wash. Car wash with rain. Did I say rain? They could use rain in a Suzuki event. Rain rain rain rain rain

• UncleGaryUncleGary Member Posts: 141 ✭✭✭
    edited December 1
    Anything that isn't motocross would have a pikes peak in it.

Suzuki event 5x motocross:

Suzuki event 4x motocross:

UncleGary said:
    Anything that isn't motocross would have a pikes peak in it.

Suzuki event 5x motocross:

Suzuki event 4x motocross:

City tracks with speed bumps?

isnt this the whole point of this thread? Why punish prize winners when the event designers can make it more even by building an event that naturally limits the best cars. And if you happen to have a hand like that then I think you deserve to win, you collected and built the right cars for the event, should be yours.
    Ultimate said:

isnt this the whole point of this thread? Why punish prize winners when the event designers can make it more even by building an event that naturally limits the best cars. And if you happen to have a hand like that then I think you deserve to win, you collected and built the right cars for the event, should be yours.
    Does that mean you would want them to use 5x motocross or speed bumps to limit use of the pikes peak in this case? Because it's a lot easier to just say "no prize cars x5", and the result is exactly the same. We would get more interesting track sets that way, instead of 5x whatever car works best on some particular track they put there just to limit the use of some special car.
    UncleGary said:
    Ultimate said:

Does that mean you would want them to use 5x motocross or speed bumps to limit use of the pikes peak in this case? Because it's a lot easier to just say "no prize cars x5", and the result is exactly the same. We would get more interesting track sets that way, instead of 5x whatever car works best on some particular track they put there just to limit the use of some special car.
    No that’s not what I mean. But you have the top hand in your example, how are you any less dominant without the PP? The prize cars are just 1 car vs all the other good cars you can have multiple copies of. You could easily fit in all the cars with the right tracks. Sure you’d still have a big advantage if you had the peak. But what if you had a peak and 4 other really bad Suzuki’s? I certainly don’t have 5 kizashi or XLs and if someone was able to collect them like you have then you deserve to dominate the event.
    Ultimate said:
    No that’s not what I mean. But you have the top hand in your example, how are you any less dominant without the PP? The prize cars are just 1 car vs all the other good cars you can have multiple copies of. You could easily fit in all the cars with the right tracks. Sure you’d still have a big advantage if you had the peak. But what if you had a peak and 4 other really bad Suzuki’s? I certainly don’t have 5 kizashi or XLs and if someone was able to collect them like you have then you deserve to dominate the event.
    But my point is if the limitation was "non-prize car x5" then the event could consist of all kinds of tracks, not just those the pikes peak couldn't do well. So a 5x rq18 XL7 wouldn't be a winning hand at all. You would potentially need all kinds of cars, even those with low ride height which you couldn't have before.

But Suzuki is kind of an extreme... Let's consider a McLaren event. All the McLarens are low, on performance tires, real wheel drive etc.
    You couldn't find any tracks where a P1 or P1 GTR wouldn't dominate. If you don't mind the idea of a prize car winning people more prize car then that's your opinion, but if you didn't want that then banning prize cars is the only option.

For the record I think Hutch is right in doing this because in my opinion it is the fair thing to do. I just think they could have communicated it earlier so people didn't fuse a bunch of cars in vain and gotten mad about it.
  • Destroyer2k11999Destroyer2k11999 Member Posts: 1,085 ✭✭✭✭✭
    I think if they were going to be really fair about the no prize car rule they could have just done a "no legendaries" restriction, that would even the playing field more, but the negative would be they'd have a hard time selling CFs to people at the current price, and every event would end up looking like an infiniti final, which, while not fun, had a bunch of new faces in the top 8.
    UncleGary said:
    Ultimate said:
    But my point is if the limitation was "non-prize car x5" then the event could consist of all kinds of tracks, not just those the pikes peak couldn't do well. So a 5x rq18 XL7 wouldn't be a winning hand at all. You would potentially need all kinds of cars, even those with low ride height which you couldn't have before.

But Suzuki is kind of an extreme... Let's consider a McLaren event. All the McLarens are low, on performance tires, real wheel drive etc.
    You couldn't find any tracks where a P1 or P1 GTR wouldn't dominate. If you don't mind the idea of a prize car winning people more prize car then that's your opinion, but if you didn't want that then banning prize cars is the only option.

For the record I think Hutch is right in doing this because in my opinion it is the fair thing to do. I just think they could have communicated it earlier so people didn't fuse a bunch of cars in vain and gotten mad about it.
    Im neither for or against really. Just saying I’d like to use the PP 😂. But good points all round
  • Steph81Steph81 Member Posts: 165 ✭✭✭
    The ban of Prize cars in finals wouldnt be so dramatic, if they also would offer no Limit manufactures/country events (Not the boring damn dailys) with at least CF×5 for top4 or so, in a 1:1 rate to prizecar events.

So you would have one event without and one with restrictions / prizecars.

But it seems the Non tri series events always have 95% a boring ceramic...
  • Nacho101Nacho101 Member Posts: 170 ✭✭✭
    Steph81 said:
    TD01055 said:
    The only people it will affect is the hard working f2p and occasional spenders. The ones who play every ticket and SHOULD be the ones Hutch cares most about. 
    Lol, why should they care only 1 second about you f2p People? .... because you like to play a gratis game all the day? 
    Hutch wants Money Money and Money. You doesnt offer anything, so you are not important at all for them
    Actually Hutch depends heavily on F2P players, for without the F2P players you would have a small player base - probably too small to make events interesting. So they need the mix of F2P and P2P to survive. You could almost say that your time is effectively payment... 
  • O__VERO__VER Member Posts: 700 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Steph81 said:
    The ban of Prize cars in finals wouldnt be so dramatic, if they also would offer no Limit manufactures/country events (Not the boring damn dailys) with at least CF×5 for top4 or so, in a 1:1 rate to prizecar events.

So you would have one event without and one with restrictions / prizecars.

But it seems the Non tri series events always have 95% a boring ceramic...
    When was the last time we had a fairly unrestricted event outside of dailies and with decent prizes? At least not restricted with an RQ cap. Can't really remember one at all...
124»