General Discussion

Daily dirt

bobdylanbobdylan Member Posts: 2,813 ✭✭✭✭✭
Any chance of us ever losing the top speed track from the daily dirt series .
Been what ten years now, and the same cycle of sets... the only one that produces a smithering of variety and low and behold ... buggatti needed *sigh*

Comments

• bobdylanbobdylan Member Posts: 2,813 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Can't be hard .... ****alt delete///--- top speed --// new code , -- motor cross // add + enter. Run 
  • Steph81Steph81 Member Posts: 165 ✭✭✭
    Totaly agree !
  • TopDrives20409TopDrives20409 Member Posts: 331 ✭✭✭
    bobdylan said:
    See I could be a computer programmer no sweat 
    In about 1983 with a ZX Spectrum you’d have smashed it. 
  • O__VERO__VER Member Posts: 700 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Yeah to be fair, Bugattis get their run 6 days out of the week in dailies. They don't need the seventh. If it's going to be an offroad day, make it a track that needs an offroader or SUV.

And while you're at it, take out the Rallycross track because that's still a Bugatti/Porsche 918 fest.
  • TimButTimBut Member Posts: 148 ✭✭✭
    hutch can't make buggatti owners sad. So buggatti 24/7. Deal with it :) 

• mauro07mauro07 Member Posts: 1,580 ✭✭✭✭
    small team for change dailies!! :D :D
  • TopDrives20409TopDrives20409 Member Posts: 331 ✭✭✭
    bobdylan said:
    Hutch can't even remember dailies,  he will read this and think wooo are the dailies still running wow forgot all about them , Jarvis go fetch me more champagne 
    Jarvis? 😂 Did you mean Jeeves by any chance? 
    He's out feeding the hounds 
  • bluedogsnoopbluedogsnoop Member Posts: 319 ✭✭✭✭
    bobdylan said:
    Hutch can't even remember dailies,  he will read this and think wooo are the dailies still running wow forgot all about them , Jarvis go fetch me more champagne 
    "And Jarvis make sure it is some of the good stuff we purchased using the Dylan account, there is a good chap"
    If we gave hutch a pat on the back for all the good stuff it would go too there head . 

• baestbaest Member Posts: 338 ✭✭✭
    A constructive criticism that I completely agree with. So props for that, Mr. Bob.

With that being said, I just don't get why EVERY thread lately (regardless of subject) HAS to be filled with underhanded/snarky remarks towards Hutch. Sure, they deserve plenty of criticism IMO. But with EVERY thread being filled with these 'Zingers', It's no suprise that they hesitate to post ANYTHING on our forum lately. As the old saying goes, "You catch more flies with honey than vinegar" and I think we are doing ourselves a disservice in this regard. 

Bring on the dislikes, and mod shill remarks. But any one of you that has been around long enough will know that I have proven far from a shill.. I just see this kind of attitude (forum wide) to be completely counter intuitive in our attempts to get our voices heard and enact change.

/Rant
    Unfortunately, though, Hutch's decisions have been completely counter intuitive to opening my wallet :|
  • AJTheCaveManAJTheCaveMan Member, Wrenchmen Posts: 1,309 ✭✭✭✭✭
    As long time contributors, I respect and do agree with your sentiment. So don't get me wrong. I just think think it's important sometimes to step back and play devils advocate by offering a modified approach, in the hopes that it may (or may not) produce a better result in the Future.

@bobdylan; Upon reading my post. I have NO idea how anyone could conclude that I think it's best to pat hutch on the back for every move, sans criticism.. My post only suggests that there MAY be a balance of both that would  produce better communication. As we all know that respectful communication in life will produce better results, regardless of the point of contention.

Again, I only offer this alternate option with respect. And not towards anyone in this thread, just the subject in general.
    What I mean is .... hardly anyone says when you are doing something well . 
    But every one is quick to point out when you do something wrong . 
    Hence we have a forum with a heavy lean to the negative side . 
    Don't think there's any real intent behind it just frustrations . 

Really all the flaws glitches and feebles** 
    Just go to show what the hutch team do , isn't easy .

** did I just make that word up ?

• O__VERO__VER Member Posts: 700 ✭✭✭✭✭
    bobdylan said:
    feebles** 

** did I just make that word up ?

Think you might mean foibles.
     :D  :D :D 😂
  • BugattiBugatti Member Posts: 3,473 ✭✭✭✭✭
    TimBut said:

Bugatti is over rated  :p  ;)
  • AJTheCaveManAJTheCaveMan Member, Wrenchmen Posts: 1,309 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited December 4
    @bobdylan; Thank's for clarifying mate.

To be clear, I'm in NO way suggesting that anyone should stop expressing constructive critical thoughts. As it's extremely important to do so, IMO. Rather, that we alter our approach when doing so, in the hopes of being heard and influencing change.

Even by making a small effort to mix in a few "taps on the back" here and there (where deserved) might make a big difference in regards to Hutch communicating, and collaborating with the many intelligent members of our forum. Members that, when heard, do have a lot to offer. As of late though, any such opinions/ideas with potential are quickly lost in this sea of "flames" and no longer being seen/heard. I just find that to be a shame. 

When they know they're only going to read CONSTANT flaming and clowning in response to every thread, or post they make (Deserved or not). They'll just end up not bothering to interact with us at all in the future. That's why I suggest that we make a conscious effort, as a community, to tone it down a tad on the petty remarks and remember to also give credit where due, along with criticism.

/Thread hijack. Apologies to Bob.
    Bugatti said:
    TimBut said:

Bugatti is over rated  :p  ;)
    I'm. just lazy to type all strongest cars:)

• GrossbucketsGrossbuckets Member Posts: 396 ✭✭✭
    A constructive criticism that I completely agree with. So props for that, Mr. Bob.

With that being said, I just don't get why EVERY thread lately (regardless of subject) HAS to be filled with underhanded/snarky remarks towards Hutch. Sure, they deserve plenty of criticism IMO. But with EVERY thread being filled with these 'Zingers', It's no suprise that they hesitate to post ANYTHING on our forum lately. As the old saying goes, "You catch more flies with honey than vinegar" and I think we are doing ourselves a disservice in this regard. 
    Bring on the dislikes, and mod shill remarks. But any one of you that has been around long enough will know that I have proven far from a shill.. I just see this kind of attitude (forum wide) to be completely counter intuitive in our attempts to get our voices heard and enact change.

/Rant
    AJ, 
    Its just all so disappointing, period!  Everyone has the right to vent out frustrations (especially the Pay to Play).  That’s how things get changed!  Nothing changes if we all just accept mediocrity.  The squeaky wheel gets the grease, and the wheels that had to pay thousands of dollars....really need some grease and top quality grease at that....We are the wheels that brought Top Drives this far.  Shout out to all the “whales” out there who make it possible for all the “free to play” people to have a game to play.  And you know it’s come to a head when players like @Bugatti are openly complaining (sorry to bring u into this B).  Squeak away my fellow wheels....squeak away.
    I believe that money from top players are not that important. Im not sure, but lets imagine that medium Whale investment in game is 10k euro. And we got for example 30 whales.  Its 300 000 euro in 6 months.  I dont know salary lvl in Hutch, but I think it might smth like 6k euro/month.       And now we can see that all that whale donations are only 5 actual salary payments. And Hutch has 70 employees. 

I think usual players are bringing more revenue by buying some 100-2600 gold 2-3 times in month. 
    Ofc some players invested much more and some invested less, anyway I dont think that the possible number is much bigger.

My point is - I think that whales actually are not important to hutch.  Not much revenue and also whales destroys new 150rq players game. 
    Tim hutch is a apprentice who sleeps in a box behind the hutch buildings works 5 other jobs bless
  • GsearchGsearch Member, Wrenchmen, Senior Wrenchmen Posts: 2,124 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited December 7
    AJ, 
    Its just all so disappointing, period!  Everyone has the right to vent out frustrations (especially the Pay to Play).  That’s how things get changed!  Nothing changes if we all just accept mediocrity.  The squeaky wheel gets the grease, and the wheels that had to pay thousands of dollars....really need some grease and top quality grease at that....We are the wheels that brought Top Drives this far.  Shout out to all the “whales” out there who make it possible for all the “free to play” people to have a game to play.  And you know it’s come to a head when players like @Bugatti are openly complaining (sorry to bring u into this B).  Squeak away my fellow wheels....squeak away.
    There is also a respectful way to point out issues and discuss alternatives.  Constantly taking shots at Hutch (especially personal shots) does NOTHING to help anything.. 
    Post edited by Gsearch on
  • GrossbucketsGrossbuckets Member Posts: 396 ✭✭✭
    edited December 7
    Gsearch said:
    AJ, 
    There is also a respectful way to point out issues and discuss alternatives.  Constantly taking shots at Hutch (especially personal shots) does NOTHING to help anything..  

I Appreciate how hard moderating must be G.  
    There is a respectful way to have civilized discussions but that would require Hutch to actively answers questions and address the issues (you know a “back and forth”).  Now they have gone silent again but my previous point stands true.  Discussions go both ways but, all we can do is yell and hope someone is listening?
    I say “sticks and stones and all that”, who cares?   
    P.S. I really just wanted to know what “person shots” was referring to?  
    Post edited by Gsearch on
  • GsearchGsearch Member, Wrenchmen, Senior Wrenchmen Posts: 2,124 ✭✭✭✭✭

There is a respectful way to have civilized discussions but that would require Hutch to actively answers questions and address the issues (you know a “back and forth”).  Now they have gone silent again but my previous point stands true.  Discussions go both ways but, all we can do is yell and hope someone is listening?
    I say “sticks and stones and all that”, who cares?   
    P.S. I really just wanted to know what “person shots” was referring to?  
    Mistyped.. meant "PERSONAL"
    I understand peoples frustration, I play this game every day. I am just saying that some people have tried to make it personal with devs.